Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Ratings: 9,434 | Reviews: 1,439

Stone's Enjoy By IPA is like an experience one would have with a virgin and her first exploration into coitus. It is one to savor, and not too pound.

This is my favorite DIPA, and one to savor.

Complex, but inviting tropical aromas pervade the nostrils.

Taste is bitter with the notes following through.

This is one of the best DIPA's out there.

Enjoy by 9/13/13 (had on 9/5/13): 4

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

Delicious every time it comes out! Always have to pick up a bottle when I see it.

Enjoyed multiple versions, and always buy any one that I can find. Enjoy By 4-20-2014 was the best batch.

A - Orange hue, slightly off-white head that hangs around like a well hung bull.
S - Fantasticly fresh, everybit of a grapefruit, citrusy, lemony aroma that lingers like a bad hangover. Except every bit of this smell was well taken.
T - Impressive malt backbone from a brewery that seems to skimp out on that aspect with IPA's and favor the over-usage (but welcomed) of hops. Great balance.
M - Creamy, almost as if they used oats within the grain bill but the brew is exceptionally clear, so that didnt happen. Perfectly carbonated.
O - Among the other festivities that usually take place on 4/20 this was by far the most memorable... I think. Can stand up to the very best in the IIPA world.

By 9/20/2014 - wonderful aroma, rich assortment of flavor, smooth and lingering goodness.

4.1/5  rDev -7.4%

From notes on 4/12/14

Enjoy By 4.20.14. Bright orange body. Thick white fluffy head. Earthy hop aroma. Very bitter grapefruit taste. Actually a little sweet. This beer does have a good amount of malt taste. Very delicious. I’d totally buy it again if I’m in Chicago. Can’t get Stone in Madison.

Love all the Enjoy By IPAs Stone Releases! So crisp and fresh! These special releases are what got me hooked on Stone Brewing Co.

Enjoy by 12-26-2014, poured from a bomber into a tulip

A: golden, dehydrated urine color with minimal head

S: piney, dank, ripe pineapple, citrus

T: I was surprised by the big juicy pineapple and citrus up front. Dank but smells more piney than it tastes. Sticky tropical aftertaste! 2nd bomber definitely had a strong orange rind taste

M: smooth all the way through with a sticky mouth feel

O: this beer is awesome. Most reviews I read said big pine and dank but I got more tropical fruit with a little dank. Would love this as a year round offering

4.55/5  rDev +2.7%

Enjoy By 09.20.2014
---
On Tap @ Eureka Burger

Poured from a 1PT 6FL OZ bottle into a pint glass. Enjoy By 09.20.14 IPA (bottled on: 08.16.14 per website - this is indeed "devastatingly fresh" at just over three weeks old!)

Appearance: Pours a clear bright pale body with a nice white head. Significant lacing.

Smell: Bright citrusy wonderful. Even the bottle cap had a fantastic aroma.

Taste: One of the better, if not best tasting IPAs I have ever tasted. If indeed this recipe hasn't changed over time, then I think all of the major players (and favorites) are there: Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy? Stone has hit all of the high notes for me. This is fantastic!!

Mouthfeel: Nice and smooth, no complaints.

Overall: I hate giving a beer a perfect 5, and don't think I have ever done so thus far, but this could possibly be the best tasting beer I have ever tasted. This is my first time trying this beer and I always thought of it as kind of gimmicky or more of a sarcastic marketing response to the beer nerd community. More than anything though, this is a fantastically crafted, amazingly tasting Double IPA. It has a huge burst of tropical hop flavor and is not overly bitter. I could drink this all day!

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

Poured from 22oz boomer into tulip glass. 1finger fluffy head dissipates quickly. Golden, almost cloudy color. Smell: not much cold. A little alcohol and grapefruit as it warms. Taste: apricot, peach, grapefruit at the end strong grapefruit finishing into bitter hops. Mouthfeel: smooth and fresh, not syrupy or sticky. Light crisp carbonation. Overall: terrific IPA, very we'll balanced and full of flavor. wish there was a bit more complexity, but very enjoyable!

4.24/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Everything has really fallen off since I started drinking this last year. Its still good just not the same as it has been in the past. Bring back 4/20/14 which blew my socks off.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

solid ipa, I overlook it bc its always available at my liquor stor (MAX BEV in weha) very bitter and delicious

4.4/5  rDev -0.7%

The beer has a nice hazy orange appearance. The carbonation bubbles are effervescent. It has a modest, but solid head and leaves a spotty lacing. It has a very fresh aroma and nice earthy hop smell, with a sort of garlicky characteristic. The beer is interestingly complex with a ton of hop flavors: predominately resinous pine, grapefruit, and orange rind. There is also a slight malt sweetness. A terrific DIPA; one of the best examples out there.

4.21/5  rDev -5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I didnt plan to review this one, just a rating, but I am typing words now because it has required me to. A 3.53 rating justifies a review??!! That is still above average. "Good" by the scoring system. Must have to have a minimum of 4 since it is a Stone beer. Sorry

Edit: I had the 7/4 version and thought it was excellent. Probably me, but found this beer to be completely different than the March of '14. I adjusted scores accordingly

Enjoy By 02-14-14
Enjoy By 04-20-14
Enjoy By 05-16-14

All batches I have had were devastatingly citrusy, floral, hoppy goodness. Everything you could want in a big, dank IPA, with a quick bite, and a smooth finish. Exceptionally good, dangerously drinkable for a DIPA.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

Modestly superb. Mine was 'Enjoy By' 9/20/2014. Golden orange/amber and very aromatic. Nicely hoppy in the mouth, but not overly so.

It was somewhat sweet, but not '9.4 ABV sweet', and the sweetness didn't last long in the mouth, fortunately.

If I had to go all night, I would likely not quaff these one after another. But if I had to limit my intake to a single bomber, and I often do, this one is at or near the top.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

My favorite Stone beer. A great option for any hop-head.

This is by far and away the best double IPA...or any IPA for that matter, I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I won't go in to too much detail on this one because it was several weeks ago when I enjoyed this beer. Furthermore, how can one describe in words what they believe to be a perfect beer?

This brew struck the balance between a hefty, complex, flavor profile and an extremely refreshing and clean finishing experience. Both the aroma and flavor was, obviously, hoppy - citrus, floral, pine. It was all there. A very delicious beer. An adventure that I will seek to replicate for the rest of my life and most likely never will.

4.32/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

22 ounce bottle -> snifter

A - pours up a cloudy medium gold at first, eventually clearing, with a small white head, not much in the way of retention or lacing.

S - lemon, oranges, mangos, grass, bread

T - sweet caramel malt followed by a citrusy hop finish. There is a slight warming at the end, but by and large the alcohol is well hidden for a beer this big.

M - good carbonation, medium thick, very slight aftertaste

O - what's not to love!!!

4.7/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I had a batch with the sell by date of 7/4/14, and consumed on June 22. Growler from keg at local beer-specific retailer. Good dense gold color, a little hazy, but normal for a DIPA. Good healthy one finger head which left slowly. Aroma is almost pure hops, with a backing of malty sweetness. A bit grassy in its hoppiness, along with pine, grapefruit, and tropical fruit. Taste is wonderful, full in your face hoppy bitter resinousness, backed by enough sweet malt to make it really drinkable. Again, a bit of green freshness in the hops, I'd compare it most to nopalitos or green agave, which accents the pine and grapefruit excellently. Finishes dry, hoppy, and leaving you wanting more. Great beer. My first in this series, but definitely not my last.

4.54/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- pours a clear light copper hue. Small foamy head. S- mainly citrus with alcohol detectable at the end. T- floral sweetness that hits side of the tongues and lingers a tang of grapefruit. Malt slightly present at finish but is over whelmed by those beautiful bitter hops whilst being layered with a resinous sweetness. M- bright with medium body. O- though alcohol is evident in the aroma it's presence is hidden by the glorious hops. Quite enjoyable considering the decent ABV. Paired perfectly well with a baked macaroni and cheese casserole.

3.73/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Served in a 14oz glass at Heartbreakers in Chaska

Overall I've loved the Enjoy by series. But I feel that they are getting a little too mainstream with the taste. Some of the previous ones have been some of my favorite beers. The last two I've had have left me wanting more from this great beer company.

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I had this beer, on tap at WOB, in June 2014. Visually light amber, slightly cloudy, one finger head.
Smell: Highly floral, lavender, meadow, sweet
Taste: Floral initially with mid-palate bitter citrus, some grapefruit, back bone slightly sweet malt, ending with bitter-sweet floral again and easy to drink, engaging
Mouthfeel: Medium to full-body
Overall: great DIPA, cannot wait for the next series. Truly enjoyable to drink

4.45/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 07/4/14

Poured from a 22oz. bomber into a tulip glass.

A- Pours a medium gold with a two finger white head that dissipates slowly. Great amount of clarity for such a hop loaded beer.

S- This beer smells like every hop in existence, and i think that's what the use. It smells like yo just stuck your face in a bag of hops. Dank pine, citrus, tropical fruits, and stone fruits all in perfect balance. Not really getting any of the onion that I've gotten from other batches.

T- Get mostly pine and then tropical and citrus. Very light malt presence detected on the finish. A lingering bitterness that is not too much.

O- An excellent DIPA and one of Stone's best brews. Each batches seems only slightly different and this one is fantastic. Any type of hop aroma and flavor is accounted for, expect maybe floral notes. i try to seek out at least one bottle or glass of every batch we get in my area, you should too.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.