Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

2.28/5  rDev -48.5%

2.5/5  rDev -43.6%

Enjoy by 7-04-14 tasted on 6-7-14. So very fresh.
I really hate the smell. Smells like gruyere crust to me. I have had the same problem with several stone beers. Since so many love their beers I think that it is simply some kind of reaction with my palate. I don't get the fruity smell lots talk about. The taste is no as bad, but still taste like gruyere to me.
I had the same problem with the go to IPA (not as much though), ruination (more than with the "go to ipa"), the Gotterdammerung.
Must be something wrong with my palate (some reaction to the type of hops they use), so don't judge the beer by my review.

2.53/5  rDev -42.9%

Poured from a 22oz bottle on the "enjoy by" date of 9/21/12.

A - The pour looks great...a beautiful light copper color with a nice white head.

S - Not very good. Im getting some band-aid or medicine or onion smell that is not appealing AT ALL. I cant quite place what the smell is, but I dont like it.

T- Similar to the smell. The best part is the finish, which tastes like actual hops instead of poison. Getting some biscuit in there as well.

M - The best part of the beer. The tingle from the carbonation reminds me that I am, in actuality, drinking beer and not liquid Tylenol.

O - I was really looking forward to this and it is a huge letdown. I still have half a glass and the other half of the bomber to drink and I dont really even want it. Maybe they use Summit hops and Im getting the "oniony" thing that many people swear by? I dunno if that is the case because I really like Gubna, which supposedly is an "Onion bomb". Or maybe Stone made a mistake and should have called it "Enjoy by 9/20/12 "....

2.63/5  rDev -40.6%

Tried this in a tasting at the beer store. Fruity and hoppy to be sure. A bit over the top for my personal preferences. Enjoy By 08-02-13 batch tasted during mid-July 2013.

[I am copying these notes over from RateBeer ... it does not require as long of review. I tasted this some time ago so I can't add anything.]

2.65/5  rDev -40.2%

enjoy by 12/21/12 because if i dont the bottle will blow up right? thought about not drinking this till after the enjoy by date to be a prick but i needed a beer now.

Faded golden hue with a big sticky white head. Pungent west coast ipa nose, grapefruit, prominent sweet citrus fruit, and pine. Got a faint underlying tobacco smell as well with very faint sweet malts.

Tastes like an amped up stone ipa with a slicker body, more alcohol, more tannins, and less acidity. This beer is good but nowhere near out of the ordinary with the so called "freshness" not playing a role to me, i've had plenty of brews that taste as fresh as this one well beyond the maturity of this brew. I think the high ratings of this beer really come from the marketing that stone did. On the distribution and retail end of things, stone doesn't do much in the way of out coded beer for the consumer so I guess this is their way of moving through beer quicker without complaints. If this enjoy by series ever gets stale i'm sure stone will never really come personally pull them off the shelves and eat the costs.

2.68/5  rDev -39.5%

2.68/5  rDev -39.5%

01/26/14 From bottle labeled 01/09/14. Can't get much fresher than that outside the brewpub. That being said I wasn't knocked out.

In fairness I never was much of a hops fan and this follows the Stone model of catering to that taste. Pine was the flavor of note but the lack of depth was striking. I applaud the effort, but no cigar.

2.69/5  rDev -39.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

It's got a pretty good front, but that aftertaste is like dried orange peels and driftwood. Very hoppy, but not necessarily in a good way. You shouldn't say "finally" when you're finished...

Thinking maybe we got a bad batch, because the three (highly reviewed) beers we had at the establishment were all average at best.

2.74/5  rDev -38.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoy by 09-13-13 poured in Lunar Pint Glass

A) Very pretty looking beer, clear, light amber, carbination

S) Pine

T) I wonder if I got a bad bottle, too piney, no sweetness at all.

M) Oily, over carbinated

O) I did not like it, never had a pine bomb before and will never get it again. Sorry Stone

2.75/5  rDev -37.9%

I got a 32 ounce growler of this because I'm such a fan of Stone. I sampled it before I bought it and thought it tasted pretty good. I poured into a frozen pint glass. By the time I finished it had a hint of a unpleasant taste. By the time I finished the growler, it was downright gross. I won't be having anymore of that.

2.75/5  rDev -37.9%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.