Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
3.7/5  rDev -16.5%

Served in a 14oz glass at Heartbreakers in Chaska

Overall I've loved the Enjoy by series. But I feel that they are getting a little too mainstream with the taste. Some of the previous ones have been some of my favorite beers. The last two I've had have left me wanting more from this great beer company.

MartinHook, Jul 09, 2014
4.48/5  rDev +1.1%

I just want to say I have been waiting quite a while to try this mother of an IPA. I need to make clear how awesome it is. I'm trying it at the end of its freshness and its just so smooth and crisp. I love this up a and all it stands for. It is right up there with Stones Ruination IPA. They have not disappointed:)

SonictheBeerhog, Jul 02, 2014
3.3/5  rDev -25.5%

Enjoy By 11.09.12. Poured in a Hill Farmstead stemmed glass for sexiness.

APPEARANCE

This is what those in the advertising business call "Sex Appeal". This beer just looks good. Crystal clear, yellow-orange-amber in color, resting under a slightly off-white head... Yeah, this is the kind of beer that makes mouths water. I love the look of a good IPA, and this beer has got that look. If this beer was a female, I would try my best to "holla". If this beer was a painting in an art gallery, I would stare at it intensely and occasionally nod my head so everyone around me knew how much I knew about art or whatever. If this beer was a Big Mac, it would be the one in the picture and not the one you get when you order it. If this beer was a... Ok, you get my point.

SMELL

There are definitely some New Zealand hops in the nose. Notes of grapes, flowers, mango, citrus, earthiness, and a smidge of everyone's favorite "cat pee" fill my nostrils. There is a deep, dank smell that reminds me of a quaint but "lived-in" basement which adds a bit of charm without being unpleasant. There's even a bit of hop spice aroma to even things out. There is a good amount of sweet malt, but there's no mistaking it - this beer is all about the hops.

TASTE

Follows the nose very closely. Once again, the first thing I notice is the deep, dank, resiny hop character. There is a bit more pine on the tongue than on the nose, which at first I feared would be the dominating character. As I sip, however, more of the citrus and tropical fruit comes out. The New Zealand hops make another appearance and bring some earthy grape notes with them. As far as bitterness goes, this beer is on the medium side. Sure, it's bitter, but it's not a tongue splitter (I rhymed!). There is almost no alcohol flavor whatsoever. This beer has a ridiculous amount of hop character, and there is a slight muddling of flavors which is a tad disappointing. Overall, this beer is pretty tasty but nothing I'll be craving.

MOUTHFEEL

The mouthfeel really is one of the highlights of this beer. The carbonation and body are both medium, and considering the ABV this beer is not a struggle to drink. The beer coats the mouth with hop resin - the kind that kind of makes you smack your tongue for no explicable reason.

OVERALL

You may have noticed that a word I didn't use in this review was "bright". If you did notice this, I would say "Wow, you were really expecting me to say that word!". Anyway, many IPAs have a bright, refreshing crispness that fellas like me go nuts over. This beer, however, has a somewhat muddled flavor that makes me feel like it's more of an English IPA than an American IPA, which is crazy talk considering all the American hop flavors. That's not to say this beer is bad, because it's not at all! It's really an excellently balanced IPA, and it drinks more like 6% than 9.4% ABV. That being said, I'm drinking this beer as fresh as possible and it still has a layer of "meh". Is it worth buying? Yes, absolutely! Is it the IPA to end all IPAs? Not this time. Don't feel too bad if you missed out on this one (or if you drank it on 11.10.12 or something).

Cheers!

Mag00n, Friday at 06:03 PM
4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

gregcordle, Friday at 05:42 PM

cj8311, Friday at 05:22 PM
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.