Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

3.99/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

I had the Enjoy By 05.17.13 and to be honest it was just good. I'd heard a ton about this beer and was really looking forward to this brew. Poured a bomber into a tulip, and the head dissipated rather quickly. The color was a perfect pale gold, and the head was a nice white/pale straw. The aroma didn't do much for me, a touch of spice, and sweet and earthy/flowery smell. The taste isn't as sweet as I was expecting and, although I appreciate west coast IPAs, this one didn't really have the malt character to balance out the appreciable hops. After all of that being said, I did enjoy this Enjoy By, and will probably pic up one of them again, but likely in late fall if they put one out around then.

4.03/5  rDev -9%

12-13-13

A- Pours a deep, clear orange in color. A medium sized, dense head forms and retains well. Lacing is also good.

S- Very piney and resinous up front. Fairly fruity with a focus on the citrus side towards the back end of the scent.

T- Starts with a moderate burst of hops bitterness. Hop profile in the taste is much more pine forward, with very little floral or fruity presence. Slight bit of dull bitterness from the alcohol about halfway through the drink. Overall, this is fairly one dimensional on the flavor side, and that dimension is hops bitterness.

M- Somewhat thick and slick across the tongue. Highly carbonated and there is also some alcohol warming on the tongue. Hops bitterness isn't so intense as to affect the beer's drinkability, but the alcohol content might.

Overall, this is a good DIPA for an affordable price. Nothing to blow you away, but good hops, higher in the alcohol department, and at ~$6-8 a bottle, it's a relative bargain.

4.84/5  rDev +9.3%

Enjoy By 09/13/13 22 oz. bomber pulled straight from the fridge and poured with 4-5 oz. intervals into 10 oz. snifter

A- Beautiful thick apricot gold color, initially cloudy, but clears up after pour. A 1/4"-1/2" bubbly, foamy white head that sticks around for a while. As the beer sloshes around in the snifter a fine bubbly film trails down the sides of the glass

S- The smell of this is wonderful! It's fresh. It's Clean. I smell fresh juicy hops, some sugar, some caramel. The hops are not piney and not really grapefruit-like, but remind me of the mandarin oranges I used to eat out of the can when I was a kid. Also I am reminded of the smell of the shell of a candy apple.

T- Much like the smell, the first sip, a ZINGER as my taste buds go wild! Floral hops, mandarin oranges. This beer is only a few weeks old, so it is SO fresh. As it warms, I get a bit of sugar, some estery caramel hoppyness which is unique but out of this world tasty. As I proceed with my servings I aggressively agitate the beer in my mouth and pick up some subtle coriander and chamomile.

O- Overall this is one of the best imperial IPA's I have ever had. I bought an 8 oz. snifter of the 04/20/13 on tap at a restaurant earlier this year on a whim and I loved it. This is the first time I had it since then and perhaps the first IIPA I have had since then as well. This beer is surprisingly refreshing and the alcohol is hidden very well. It CAN NOT BE TASTED AT ALL! For a brew approaching 10% that is very impressive. I have had some really HOT brews at 9-10%. Not this beer. I strongly recommend this to hop heads and anyone who is a craft beer aficionado in general as this is not a harsh IIPA. Bold, vivid in flavor-yes, but not harsh in alcohol or hops whatsoever-a WORLD CLASS BEER!

4.36/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

22oz from Total Wine. Enjoy By 4.01.13 - still good for a couple of weeks! Poured into a DFH "IPA glass"...

A: Pours a golden orange, with a three-finger, cotton white head; sugary sheets of lace line the glass - very impressive; a steady stream of bubbles keeps the retention and slight headiness firmly intact.

S: Resinous hops; piney; tobacco; citrus rind - mostly grapefruit; a tad husky / grainy. Hops dominate and are very nice... but not quite as hoppy as I was expecting from a Stone Double IPA.

T: Again... resin. Piney hops. Some light citrus in there to brighten things up, but hop flavor is mostly of the "dank" variety. There is some light malt character... rustic grains / bread crust / almond skin. But that's about it. Some alcohol on the end as the sip comes to a close.

M: Near full-bodied; high carbonation; lively, textured mouthfeel. Very impressive. Not overly oily - and also not really THAT dry. A nice balance of feel, carbo and wetness for an imperial IPA.

O: Not too shabby, although I'll be honest... I was expecting something more along the lines of Ruination. That being said, this is still a really nice DIPA. It's not super bitter or dry, which helps its drinkability. Would love to have it again, if it comes around!

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.