Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,901 | Reviews: 1,289

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

4.52/5  rDev +2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bomber > Pint Glass

A - Pours a lush clear gold 2 finger of slightly off white head, nice lacing.
S - The aroma is out of control, big mango, pineapple, dank pine, some biscuit bready malt, big juicy tropical fruit hops.
T - Full of those tropical hoppy flavors, nice bready and biscuity malt, some dank pine on the end.
M - Some alcohol burn, but very full, clinging to your palate.
O - Honestly one of the best IPA's you could ever get. Immense tropical fruit flavor but not too sweet, very balanced but bold.

4.56/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I think next to American Double IPA they need to put a picture of this (or a sample). This is the stuff that this style is all about. And this is pretty much the best style there is. So this is the stuff.

It pours gorgeous yellow with much head and lace. The aroma is nearly perfect. What could be more perfect? It is overpowering, as appropriate for the style. Crazy amounts of floral and piney.

The taste similarly is a hops overdose. Stupendous. The aftertaste lingers huge and bitter. What a treat. I am going to enjoy several glasses of this after which I will take it easy a bit and then clear my palate, because nothing can hold a candle to this. First rate stuff.

I also have a bomber of this to try later this weekend, but this draft is amazing. I am certain the bottle will be good too.

7-4-2014 - update - this version has a different taste, especially the aftertaste, which is an amazing crunching into greenery experience. Amazing.

4.45/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Note: just gotten over a cold when I tried this

#10: 09-13-13
A: golden-amber with little head, not much lacing
S: orange with sweet caramel notes
T/M: much like the smell, very malt forward, melding into orange blossoms, then into a grassy (tinged with citrus). Mildly dry pull that lingers.
O: very good beer. Could maybe be a little less sweet, but love the citrus backbone of this beer, as well as the malt front and somewhat dry finish.

#12: 11-12-13
A: clear golden amber, but more lacing in this pour
S: same, but I notice an earthiness this time
T/M: more bitterness I notice up front in this one, less sweet than I reviewed before.
O: I didn't change any of my ratings, but I think I expected better given the rating versus what I thought about this tasting. Given that, I await my next one to see if I should adjust my rating.

#14: 2-14-14 (adjusted ratings up)
A+: more lacing
S-: weaker to me
T: definitely more bitter than original review, but there is what I now consider mango flavor (not orange).
M+/O+: starting to enjoy this more and more as a must have when available

#?: 7-4-14 (no adjustments) - seemed more "juicy" and less bitter than previous reviews, closer to original review of a September "by date"

4.24/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bomber of 4/20/14 into a tulip

Lightly hazed orange with sudsy fluffage

Smells nice and bright: oranges, grass, and pine with little in the way of malt obstruction

Taste is a bit darker and more vegetal and herbal. Piney and moderately bitter with a bit of stickiness in the feel and a lower-moderate carbonation. Orange lurks but doesn't pop. Bonus points for being welcomingly non boozy despite its abv.

Good concept, enjoyable enough, thankfully not overly malty, yet nothing overly original or unique.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.