Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Ratings: 9,435 | Reviews: 1,440
4.2/5  rDev -5.2%

Enjoyed 12-26-14 immensely. It was odd to drink a hoppy IPA that smooth and without bite. 2-20-15 is also good but I unfortunately agree with the onion comments.

4.36/5  rDev -1.6%

(Enjoy by 2/14/15) 22oz bottle poured into Spiegelau IPA glass. Pours a clear golden color (lighter than I would have expected), two finger head, noticeable carbonation bubbles. Resilient lacing. Inviting classic citrus IPA scent. Crisp, medium-bodied feel with a little bite from the carbonation. Wonderful hoppy taste but not overly bitter, has some malt backbone that gives some balance. But still very hop-centric. Overall, fantastic. (9.5)

4.59/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 2/14/15

Yet another amazing enjoy by IPA by Stone

4.46/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I like what they did with this beer. The marketing on this beer is different but awesome! It really brings people to by this beer just because of just the label itself! Good buy.

4.73/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

(Enjoy by 2.14.15)
Appearance - Bomber poured into a tulip glass. Beautiful golden copper with a nice fluffy white head. Great lacing and lots of clarity.

Smell - Very earthy, fruity, dank, floral.

Taste - More earthy than many IPA's. A little citrus. Not very much grapefruit. Very well balanced beer, not bready but the hops don't overwhelm. A good bit of pine. Reminds me of wet soil and pine in a forest.

Feel - Unbelievably drinkable and smooth. The carbonation bite is toned down a bit which is a plus for me. Sessionable (LOL)?

Overall - An incredible beer. You can really taste the freshness. I love beers that taste pure (no chemical wank, etc.). This is probably the one of the most "pure" tasting beers I have ever had. Highly recommended.

4.74/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Everytime one comes out I am Buying! Great stuff!

4.79/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Amazing IPA. Pair with pungent foods

4.79/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Pours a beautifully, deep golden hue with extremely good clarity. White, fluffy head with excellent lacing. First thing you notice about this DIPA is it's wonderful fruity, floral aroma. Very interesting flavor that transitions from malt to hop bittering with the PERFECT balance leaving no unwanted aftertaste; it even provides a deep earthy note toward the end that is very nice. The carbonation is just so so to provide a great mouthfeel. Interest lay enough, it is 9.2 ABV without tasting boozy. Drinks like a session, so be careful. Nothing bad I can say, except with I would've bought more!

4.96/5  rDev +12%

has shifted the bar on how i rate Imperial IPA's!

4.53/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Insanely drinkable, with a very fresh taste and aroma. Wish I could hold onto some until summer, it would be a perfect afternoon porch sipper. Can't wait to sample future batches!

4.3/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 02.14.15 (11 days from bottling)

Clean fluffy head, clear amber liquid.
Citrus (grapefruit) forward, strong floral backing.
Following nose with strong citrus front, floral/earthy notes push heavily in through the mid and finish. No alcohol detectable. Strong onion end.
Superb mouthfeel, just indescribable how nice this is to drink.
Freshness is key with this series. Everything is extremely clean and distinct, no harsh transitions or unwanted lingering. A bit too much onion for me (score dropped a bit) but otherwise excellent.

4.22/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Would love this in a growler.

3.5/5  rDev -21%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

The freshness certainly brings out the best qualities of the style but the flavor profile doesn't stand out from most IPAs, you get your normal grapefruit and pine and other hop-forward flavors but nothing special.

4.38/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy by 2.14.15
Very good IPA right here. Poured vigorously into a Palm tulip with a 3 finger head bursting with the aroma of grapefruit and a bit of alcohol. The taste is very full and filled with complexities reminiscent of grapefruit and florals. The alcohol isn't hidden but is subtle enough to be quite enjoyable. The lacing remains for the entirety of the glass and remains until completion. I will be purchasing another bottle of this before the 'expiration' date.

4.31/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Light amber color
Smells of hops and a freshly mown lawn
Taste is very hoppy but not horribly bitter. Slightly malty on the end
Good mouthfeel. Not to carbonated

A very good beer from Stone. I hope the future Enjoy By beers live up to this one.

4.45/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 2/14/15. Excellent. One of the best I've had in this series. Dank, a bit tropical, and oh-so-drinkable.

4.71/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Had the 2/14/15 last night and it tasted great! it had been a year or more since I last had it and it was better than I remember!

4.96/5  rDev +12%

My favorite. Always clean, fresh, crisp and delicious. Well this or Hop Stoopid. Either will do. 2/14/15 batch. Excellent. $7.99 in Las Vegas.

2.34/5  rDev -47.2%

I love this beer but something is wrong with the 2/14/15 batch. Finish is like cat pee mixed with overly astringent booze finish. I never thought I would have to pour out the second half of an Enjoy By bomber, but that's what just happened. Currently drinking a dank imperial stout, but even that isn't killing the taste of this funk. Hopefully this is just a bad batch. I am going to have to return these other two bombers.

4.84/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great floral flavor! Almost a perfect double IPA.

4.71/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Finally score a bomber from Siciliano's in Grand Rapids. Being a discriminating hop head, I'm very excited to try this baby. Enjoy by Feb 14, 2014, sampled on Jan 17, 2014, aka extremely fresh.

Look: Light amber color with a thin head. Excellent carbonation. Looks like angels dancing!
Smell: Welcome to the grapefruit jungle! Picking up some piney notes as well.
Taste: Outstanding, this is what we want! Hops and more hops, without being kicked in the head by an unbalanced beer. Even my wife, who is typically turned off by IPA's, enjoyed this. Maybe it's the fresh beer concept.
Feel: Just about perfect on the tongue. Nice crisp bitter feel, without the lingering, overpowering, aftertaste many unbalanced IPA's and DIPA's tend to include.
Overall: Thank you Stone. I will definitely seek this one out again. A DIPA that drinks as smoothly as an IPA. Love it!!

4.01/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Why the grapefruit? All I get is grapefruit. I've heard great things about enjoy by. But I hate grapefruit!!!!

4.57/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Definitely a piney smell and tasting imperial IPA.
I consider this as one of Stone's best creations to add to the list of top brews they create.
Taste: fairly muggy hoppy looking (classic IPA look), nothing out of the ordinary.
Smell: incredible piney with strong hoppy notes ( much more than their Stone IPA)
Taste: rush of quality hops up front, smooth taste, and great finish for a solid imperial.
Feel: Ive had a fair share of Enjoy by's. I had their enjoy by 420 ( one of my favorite)
Had another later in 2014. Same feel and finish, but hoppy notes weren't as piney as id hoped.

3.54/5  rDev -20.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

They used an onion hop, either CZT or Nelson, and I'm sorry but I don't want onions or garlic in my beer. Just my opinion, sorry IPA geeks.

4.29/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I have tried several different dates and they are all top notch. One of my favorite IPAs out there. Nice floral scent with a smooth taste not as bitter as other Stone beers. I will buy this everytime I have the chance.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.