Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

beefsquatch, Mar 22, 2014
4.46/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

Enjoy By 04.20.14; bottled on 3/16/14, poured into a Stone IPA pint glass.
Appearance - clear, golden, bubbly; looks like apple juice. Thick, foamy white head. Lacing is decent.
Smell - mouth watering citrus hops; lots of grapefruit juice, with just a hint of herb!
Taste - mild, bitter hops up front; tangy fruit juice and grapefruit to finish it off!
Feel - a very aggressive, but tasty and easy to drink hop bomb!
Overall - worth the hype, a great DIPA.

DenverHopHead, Mar 22, 2014
4.9/5  rDev +10.6%

Finally enjoying this sought-after beauty on its first time in PA (I think), thanks to my awesome girlfriend for picking it up!

2.14.14
Poured into snifter; light orange, clear, very light for the style (following the trend of others). Moderate white head that fades quickly.
Smell is awesome...onions, tropical fruit, citrus, pine, bitterness, awesome. This is like a west-coast version of Hop Ranch.
Taste is also like a west-coast Hop Ranch...onion, fruit, pine, citrus, bitterness, earthy...damn. Sweet, fruity, oniony, awesome IPA. Fresh as hell and delicious.
Mouthfeel is again, surprisingly thin and clean for the %abv and style.
Overall, awesome. I'm super-psyched that my girlfriend found this. Delicious stuff!

4.20.14
Fluted snifter; clear dark orange, fluffy white head.
Smells amazing...bright tropical fruit, mango, sweet onion, weed, candy sugar, mint, herb.
Taste...wow. Sweet peach, mango, onion, apple, mint, herbal, sugar, tangerine, grapefruit...incredible. The hop flavor packed into this beer is mind-blowing.
Mouthfeel is light-bodied and surprisingly clean.
Overall, again I'm blown away. Stone has raised the bar.

BurgeoningBrewhead, Mar 22, 2014

ParkbrauFan, Mar 22, 2014
4.83/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Re-review on Enjoy By 04-20-14 - Bottled on 3/12/14. Poured into a chalice.

Complex. One of the best IPAs I have ever had.

A - Light honey colored, crystal clear, rocky half-finger white head, good lacing.

S - Grapefruit, floral, citrusy, piney

T - Citrus, resiny, a pale malt background that does not come without some contemplation, hint of sweetness.

MF - Sharp, fizzy, leaves my mouth feeling clean and bright.

Also had:

KCBeerNerd, Mar 21, 2014

Josbor11, Mar 21, 2014

nassstnate, Mar 21, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Reviewing Enjoy By 4/20/14. Poured from a bomber into a snifter. Dark golden orange sun kissed copper, an even cloudiness keeps it from being completely transparent. As it warms, it clears. White head, fades fast, little to no lacing.

Pine tar on the nose mixing with fresh citrus and a touch of sweet tropics fill the nose.

First sip...medium carbonation...an extremely creamy mouthfeel but watery too? Peaches up front mix with the sweetness of honey. Rounds out with some caramel and green pine and a quick bitter finish. A warm alcohol lingers on the throat...white pepper on the tongue.

I'm a big fan of double IPAs (my favorite style) and was really looking forward to this beer...my first Enjoy By. I've read the reviews and comments in the forums...and must say I'm disappointed. I've let it warm and sipped it slow but something is off? It's not much older than a week, so freshness isn't the problem. Seems a little to watery for a double, a little lighter in color than I'm use too...those things I can live with but there is an "off" flavor that I'm not familiar with...charcoal? Maybe I just don't like "dank"? I guess my expectations were so high I'm trying to find excuses why I think this is only good and not great...it is what it is...for me...good but not great.

Im so surprised at my review's outcome I will try one more Enjoy By in the future and comment further.

Boca-X, Mar 21, 2014

Foxman, Mar 21, 2014

cpuglisi, Mar 20, 2014

DLSheidy, Mar 20, 2014

dunlap926, Mar 20, 2014

reizorc, Mar 20, 2014

Adavar, Mar 20, 2014

Brent619, Mar 20, 2014
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.