Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,307 | Hads: 9,811
4.14/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Finally got to cross this one off my want list. Bought a bottle of 07-04-14 last week and popped it open for the USA Ghana World Cup game. Great/lucky win by the way.

I'm getting a lot of booze and onion in the taste. It reminds me of FFF Arctic Panzer Wolf and a better version of the regular Stone IPA. While very good, it just seems overrated and overpriced. I can find local IPA's that are more satisfying.

4.54/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Opened the bottle served with some nice chicken in a red pepper jelly over vermicelli. The golden color looks great. The aroma as I poured was intensely crisp with an abundance of pine. Once I dug into dinner and swallowed this lightly crisp, but very complex IPA I was blown away. This beer was promised as a fresh, but date driven determinator and it more than delivered an enjoyable experience. It's complexity isn't like the usual offerings in the IPA category. It offers something refreshingly different and makes me want to go get some more before July 4th.

3.94/5  rDev -10.5%

appearance - large frothy head, beautiful yellow orange color and great lacing. what an IPA should look like.

smell - lots of floral and bitterness in this one.

taste - like the smell this one is quite bitter from a ton of hops

mouthfeel - those hops are aggressive and don't leave your mouth right away. pleasantly carbonated as well.

this is a very fresh hop bomb. stone sure knows how to make a hoppy beer

2.86/5  rDev -35%

Enjoy by 7-4-14 model

Pours a clear light amber with nice finger and a half of loosely bubbled head that is persistent and leaves a great lacing. Nose is grapefruit and most notable, tons of tropical fruit especially mango/papaya, maybe even some peach mixed in. Extremely fruity. Taste, unfortunately for me, follows the nose pretty close. I don't know the type of hops off hand but there's a hit of hoppy, piney bitterness and then another assault of tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is what it should be, nothing to brag or gripe about. Overall, there's waaay too much of the tropical fruit sweetness for me. I just don't "enjoy" it. I'll still buy the next one though because this series from Stone is generally one I enjoy.

4.49/5  rDev +2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 9/20/14 is ridiculously floral. Nose, taste, such a clean and delicious offering from Stone. Solid IPA. Even the wife thought it was really good, and she hates IPAs. Update: The 12/26/14 was just a delicious mango explosion. Update: 3/14/15 Pi was enjoyed with my pal Jens4212, I got the tulip. Beautiful golden amber pour with sticky-icky lacing. Hop explosion: orange, grapefruit, mango, bit of a savory/earthy hop. Not much alcohol noticeable in the mix of citrus, bitterness, and deliciousness. Clean finish. Enjoy by rocks. Update: 7/04/15 had huge pine/grapefruit juice and citrus peel, crisp and clean with a dry finish, just an absolute hop playground.

4.24/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bomber poured into chalice

Bubbly, frothy two finger white cap quickly settles into a nice layer of bubbles with decent lacings. Clear golden orange color with scant carbonation streams.

Aroma of pine, resin. Grass.

Bitterness on the sides of the tongue, bitterness on the tip.Taste of the hops with pine the dominant flavor. Smooth carbonation on the tongue. Gentle but present bitterness on the aftertatse.

Clean fresh IPA. STONE does a great job in producing beer and this is another fine example.

4.81/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A-Clear gold color with a large white head that fades slowly and leaves a lace
S- crisp hop smell with lemon orange, and pine aroma
T-hard to tell you all the things that i taste, but I will try. Malt and hops at the beginning that goes to a hard pine hop aftertaste that slowly fades as you finish.
M-high carbonation
O-the smell is by far the best. I could not wait to taste it, the taste did not let me down very much. I will buy one every time now, the hype made me think it would be hard to live up to, but it did

4.21/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Just cracked the 7/4/14. Poured a nice pale yellow with a fizzy head that left trails down the side of the glass. The smell was amazing with a lot of hop scents of pine and citrus. The taste was great, exploding with a lot of pine and grapefruit notes that mingled in the mouth and left a very crisp finish that was very refreshing. Loved it and would definitely recommend grabbing a bottle while there is still time.

4.38/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A: Orange-yellow. White tall head when poured aggressively.

S: Dankness of hops! Also some honey and grassy notes.

T: Yes! Note that I have to be in an IPA mood to enjoy these things; luckily this is one of those moods. This is awesome... dank hops, grassy notes, rough pine, citrus, crispy saltines, apple skins, and a nice and balanced malt backbone.

M: Nice and creamy, with a crisp carb on the back end. As it warms I get a more syrupy mouth feel. The coating on the palate isn't too much, but just right.

O: Glad I picked it up! Stone Enjoy By is one of those IPAs I can thoroughly enjoy. A very pleasant and balanced beer with wonderful flavors.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: Golden brown can see straight through the tulip. 1/2 finger of head w/ little lacing
S: grapefruit-mango-floral bouquet. Very appealing
T: Clean crisp hop blast. Not too bitter, not too malty, really balanced. Taste is on par w/ scent for flavor. Lingering aftertaste is divine. Booze is there so-so
M: really enjoying the fact that this does not leave a film behind Great carbonation.
O: fell in love with this stuff a year ago. Throughout the past year I've experienced a drastic change in my pallet. This offering remains consistent.

How is this beer ranked BELOW their regular IPA? These rankings are insane. Anyone with a palate for good beer would agree that the Enjoy By totally blows away the regular Stone IPA.

Hell yes to this beer, lightning strikes six times! Have been back for more on 2 other occasions to my local beer store. Really did not think this would still be around, but it is. Taking advantage of the general public in my area not knowing about this. Enjoy your case of Bud Light.. See review of the first one:

I spotted an open case of these at my beer grocer. They were so new that they couldn't even find the price on them. Bottled a little more than 1 week ago from enjoying!!!

I pounced on the opportunity.

A grapefruit BOMB pervades the nostrils in a pleasant way.

Grapefruit and bitter finish, and clean.

One caveat is this: As I have enjoyed the 6 bottles over the past 2.5 weeks, yes, there is a marked difference between drinking this a week ago and now. It will never be as good as when you can drink less then a week after it was bottled.

This and the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA are the two best IPA's I have ever had. I guess the conundrum with this is once you have had these Enjoy By's, it ruins your palate for other IPA's, which is unfair. Once you have had this, it is hard to accept anything less.

Such a treat, and on a select few of perfect IPA's.

3.83/5  rDev -13%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

22 oz bottle of Enjoy by 7/4/14

A- Nice straw colored IPA. Standard bubbles and white head. Picture purfect IPA
S - Smell of a nice blended hop bill. Grass, pine, resin.
T- Not over the top hops, but I'm getting a pretty standard hop bill. Well balanced, but with all the IPAs on the market, this one doesn't differentiate itself.
M- Standard IPA, not too think, not too thick. Tiny bubbles to disperse the flavor without annoying the palet.
O- A solid IPA. Well balanced and a decent hop bill. Will probably buy a bottle of each release as long as it is under $10

4.41/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

On-tap, into growler, into snifter.

A- Clear amber with yellow hue. Finger of white head. Medium amount of lacing. Carbonation noticeable.

S- Best part of this ale, although it tastes great too. Lots of citrus and tropical fruits coming off. Tangerine, guava, orange, and lemon are very apparent. Lots of flora. Just of touch of grass and pine. Not much of a malt presence, but just enough.

T- Very juicy, hop-forward DIPA. Not quite as many citrus flavors as the smell, but definitely still fruity and flowery. Bit of pine as the smell indicated and a little bread. Alcohol noticeable, but not by much.

M- Crisp and light bodied for the most part. Carbonation present. Just the right bight.

O- Another favorite DIPA of mine that can party with the top guys. Very drinkable and refreshing. The flavor of this really reminds me of Pliny, but with a stronger bite and bitterness. Wish this was a little more available, as this is the first time I've noticed in the area and there were purchasing restrictions. Highly recommended and kudos to Stone.

4.8/5  rDev +9.1%

A: Pours a beautiful clear gold, white head quickly dissipates.

S: Citrus and floral hops, nice and strong.

T: A wonderful mix of citrus and floral characters, with just enough pine to balance out the sweet honey malts.

M: Medium body, medium low carb, matches nicely with taste. This is a pretty big beer, not an easy drinker.

O: I can feel the alcoholic warmth, was confused until I looked it up and saw that it is 9.4%... Hides the alcohol really well, hidden by the bitter pine finish. I was expecting this to be more in the 6-7% range, the value is much better as a high ABV beer. Not as in your face flavor as most IPAs that are this strong... Man this is a good beer. If you see it, grab it. There's a reason Stone is legendary for making IPAs.

4.39/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

7/4/14 bottle

A - Light gold, inch of froth, fizzy

S - Strong, piny, aggressive, very fresh

T - Like being in a forest, lemon/lime/bitter citrus, hops hops and more hops

M - Medium bodied due to carbonation

O - This is a very fresh, very aggressive, hoppy beer. Great beer if low on energy as it will definitely wake up your senses.

4.09/5  rDev -7%

A - A golden, strawlike hazy pour with a nice cotton top. Sticks to the glass all the way down and creates some nice lacing.

S - Sugar cane plus hops and some faint booze. Really nice sweet nectar.

T - Very piney with a sweet sugary hop-like backbone.

M - Nice and tangy and pleasing.

O - Solid as always from Stone.

3.72/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Copper brown tone, clear filtered, a little large bubbled carbonation, a finger of creamy off white head that fades relatively fast.

S: Tropical fruits, mango, passion fruit, light cleaning alcohol, tea leaves, a hint of malt an offal.

T: Fruity in a tropical fruit concoction sort of way, citrus, floral perfume like purple lilac, wild grape, clean linen, light almost tea like bitterness on the end. Really covers the alcohol and is light in its feel.

M: Medium body with lots of light foamy carbonation, leaving a slightly powdery resinous finish.

O: Bought this today at Trader Joe’s near Williamsburg, VA. Drank tonight near Raleigh, NC. Certainly fresh. Not the best double IPA I’ve had, but good in it's mouth feel, very much hiding the alcohol. Good and fresh, and unique carbonation for this style.

4.9/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

For my taste buds, this is a perfect DIPA and probably one of my favorites of all time. Super fresh and hoppy, very citrus forward, masks alcohol surprisingly (dangerously) well, very smooth. Importantly, no maltiness / sweetness which is sometimes a drawback of this style for my taste. If you're looking for a fresh, hoppy, big west coast IPA I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one.

4.45/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I love Stones' 'Enjoy By' beers. I had one the other day and they are so fresh. I've had from the growler at the brewery and It was the FRESHEST IPA I've ever tasted. I live about 50 miles from the brewery so even the bottles are fresh beers. I highly recommend picking up any enjoy by IPA's that you see.

4.56/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Saw this at Costco thought I'd give it a try. Off the top of my head I don't think I have ever been disappointed by any of Stone's Brewing beers...

I'll keep this brief. A couple days ago had an 07.04.14...first thing i noticed was the (fantastic) sweet citrus smell. then I tried a taste...simply outstanding.

4.02/5  rDev -8.6%

Never had enjoy by until today 07 04 14. Impressed with the complexity of this beer. Will definitely seek this out again. Haven't tried in a bomber yet but on tap its amazing. Thank you Stone for all that you do and please continue to do it. peace out homies

4.57/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

One of my all time favorite Double IPAs! The first batch I bought was 04.20.14 and I absolutely loved it. Currently, I am drinking the 07.04.14 for this review. It pours wonderfully with a light bronze color and thick foamy head. My first inhale hit me with a dank citrus, pine scent with undertones of an earthy, fruity base. The beer itself is smooth and round with a crisp bite of citrus. Its fresh, bold and I love it!

4.77/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

What can I say, Enjoy by .... lives up to the hype/rating.

I've had a few 4.20.14's and a few 7.04.14's.

These are indeed world-class ales! You can tell just by the lacing that this is something special.

9.4% ABV. <--- That can't be right! I want to drink this all day- dammit!

I would have given it 5/5 for every category, but I'm not sure that my palate is refined enough to qualify me to do so.

So refreshing!
So tasty!
Devastatingly dank!!!

This is one of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production.

4.42/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Another winner from Stone. I poured this one (22 oz bottle) into a wine glass and let it warm to bring out the flavors. While I enjoy other IIPAs a bit more (e.g., Hopslam and Hoptimum) you simply cannot go wrong with this one as this one is rock solid. I will certainly be picking up another one in the next couple of days.

4.65/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Living by one of Stone's tap houses makes for very fresh Stone. The pour was crystal clear with a nice 1 inch head. Lacing was awesome as it stuck to the beer glass all the way down. Has a distinct piney flavor and scent. Overall an excellent brew, I drink it every time it's available.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.