Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

4.56/5  rDev +2.9%

4.48/5  rDev +1.1%

3.96/5  rDev -10.6%

4.1/5  rDev -7.4%

4.68/5  rDev +5.6%

4.3/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Stone "Enjoy By 12.26.14 IPA"
22 oz. brown glass bottle
$7.99 @ Whole Foods Market, Plymouth Meeting, PA

I felt remiss in not getting to this beer sooner and as I've had it for over a week and I've only got 24 days left so I figured I'd have to try it even though I wasn't really in the mood for a double IPA. I wasn't looking for something heavy and bitter, but if Stone actually went to the trouble to make sure this beer got out so quickly then I owe it to them to drink it !!!

Fortunately for me it's not a heavy, bitter, and alcoholic double IPA. It's actually golden in color, and it's got a medium-full body with a moderate carbonation (kind of English in character). The malt is pleasantly straightforward and just lightly sweet and subtly biscuity and caramelish. Nor is it overtly bitter. Don't get me wrong, it's got bitterness to it, but it's not that harsh and raspy bitterness you sometimes get. What I was in the mood for, and probably what really swayed me towards opening it tonight, was hops - and it's got 'em, but again, I was surprised, I thought I'd find it drenched in resinous, piney, and citrusy hops but it's actually quite smooth and refined. All of those attributes are present but they're not "in your face", even in the aroma. It's also a bit minty, softly grassy, earthy, and gently leafy or tea-like, but the mildly citrus pith and gentle tropical fruit are what really define it in the flavor. It's really rounded and supple, leaving it remarkably drinkable for the style. The one thing that reminds you that it is a double IPA is the alcohol which peeks out here and there, especially as you progress through the serving. Still, this is one dangerously drinkable beast.

4.32/5  rDev -2.5%

3.92/5  rDev -11.5%

3.5/5  rDev -21%

Enjoy by 12.26.14 bomber.
Very good looking beer when poured into the glass but the aroma was a bit weak considering this is a Stone IPA. Decent hops taste but nothing overly special, but what really turned me off was the soapy like aftertaste this beer leaves behind. Looking back for an extra dollar I could have bought a six pack of some other IPA that's better or at least just as good. I personally am getting a bit tired of companies thinking that just cause they put their beer in bombers makes it priceless when they don't make the beer itself worthy.

A DIPA that absolutely gets it right. Too many just don't have strong enough hop flavors and the malt ends up taking over, making them more like a hoppy barleywine. Enjoy By brings the huge, dank hop smells and flavors that unmistakably put this in IPA territory. Also appreciate the novel way to focus unavoidably on freshness through the prominent date on the bottle.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

Bottled on 11/13/14 Enjoy By 12/26/14 enjoyed on 12/2/04

A: Very light for a double ipa slightly orange but mostly a blonde clear amber nice lacing and thin head.
S: Fresh Hops, Pine, hints of tropical fruit
T: Fresh hops right up front but not bitter, citrus. Easy drinking for a 9.4% beer
M: Almost spicy with hops but smooth for such a high %
O: Try this beer if you love fresh hopped ales I thought it was delicious and I don't usually go for high % beers.

4.56/5  rDev +2.9%

4.16/5  rDev -6.1%

4.24/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.