Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
4.6/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Bomber poured into tumbler.

*Enjoy by 4/20/14, bottled on 3/13/14, consumed on 3/22/14.*

A: Pours an ever-so-slightly hazy honey amber with a commendable two-finger head that retains for ages. Eventually dwindles down to a creamy cap, but leaves ABSURD amounts of lacing down the glass. The head retention is a bit weaker than I had hoped, but it's still a gorgeous bit of eye candy, nonetheless.

S: Oh my god, where do I even begin? This is just an absolute perfect display of American hops and what a DIPA should smell like. It's floral, piney, citrusy, dank, rustic as hell, and just... pure, unadulterated fresh hop perfection! It did get a little too boozy in the nose as it warmed up, but it's not too much of an issue.

T: The flavors pretty much follow the nose inch for inch, except for the fact that the malt backbone is present in the initial sip. A little bit of honeybread sweetness teases you before you're absolutely piledrived through the floor by the hop rampage. Did I mention malts somewhere? Because I seem to have forgotten their existence... An absolute barrage of everything hoppy. Grapefruit and orange citrus notes, followed by some rustic pine, grass, and floral flavors, eventually finishing in pure earthen bitterness that leaves the palate screaming for m(ercy)ore.

M: Closer to a full-body with the perfect level of carbonation. Not as creamy as some DIPAs, which isn't really a disappointment. It made it almost too easy to drink, though. The only thing slowing me down from pounding this was my absolute respect for the brew and its complexity, along with how warm my face was feeling halfway through.

O: This is admittedly my first experience with a Stone Enjoy By xx/xx/xx IPA and it has absolutely changed the way I look at life. I've had good IPAs in the past, but never anything this fresh, this complex, this perfectly crafted. Stone Enjoy By, I feel, has ruined me... because now as soon as the next release is mentioned, I'm going to be flailing like a madman trying to get my hands on a bottle or two. I hate to sound too much like a fanboy, but this has honestly been an experience like no other.

4.56/5  rDev +2.9%

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

4.19/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Light copper color. Thin head with no lacing.

Aroma is piney and musty.

Tastes exactly like it smells.

Nice carbonation. Mouthfeel is substantial without being syrupy.

Great beer for a hop fan. Not the best DIPA, but definitely worth grabbing a bottle or two before the enjoy by date (after which, I assume, Stone's fairy god mother spell expires and the beer magically transforms into skunk Natty Light).

4.55/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A: Very rich golden orange with a full and thick creamy head. It screams freshness.

S: Smells very refreshing. There is still a strong pine smell pairing with citrus.

T: Very fresh. I taste more pine than citrus. Leaves a nice bitter hop taste that lingers long after, reminding you it's time for another sip. Ever so slight taste of alcohol.

M: It has bite. Again, that slight alcohol taste is there and I can definitely feel it hitting the back of my palate.

O: The beer guru at the Woodbridge, VA Wegmans recommended this and I'm not disappointed. Very fresh, very tasty. I drank the 4.20.14 on 3.22.14. They were near out. Pick it up if you can.

4.35/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 4/20/2014, bottled on 3/13/2014, and consumed on 3/21/2014. Poured from a 1pt. 6oz. bomber into a Stone company imperial pint glass.

A - very appealing pale honey. Outstanding off-white head and lacing that lasts.

S - powerful hops, bright, crisp citrus and pine.

T - they're not kidding: this is about as fresh as you can get by bottle! Gorgeous IPA profile; not medicinal at all.

M - the volatiles mellow out off the pour, but some light carbonation remains. Not too sharp.

O - I never thought a dIPA could be so refreshing, especially from Stone. Great beer, and feel that much luckier living so close to Escondido.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.