Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,900 | Reviews: 1,289

4.51/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 2/14/14. Honey yellow in color with the slightest haze. Started with a shirt white foam that left ladder of sticky lacings down the glass. Pungent, earthy, citrus hop aromas with a hint of malty sweetness beneath. Smooth, incredibly delicate feel with gentle, lazy carbonation and an oily feel toward the finish. Flavor was similar to aroma. Pungent citrus, pineapple, and rioe grapefruit flavors uo front with a tangy hop bite through the middle. Caramel malt flavors peek through toward the end. Very enjoyable.

4.47/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Growler poured into pint glass

A: Nice light goldenrod hue topped with a one and a half finger head. The head is fickle and quite paper white. Carbonation is apparent, but underwhelming. I’ll have to continue evaluation on the next pour.

A more aggressive pour brings out a bit of the visible carbonation and releases the aroma a bit more. Looks medium/light and drinkable. Lacing on this pour is much more evident.

S: Citrus punch! Grapefruit, bits of lemon and orange, after a big sniff the nose rounds off with dry scents of fresh florals, which are earthy and inviting. Just before the floweriness begins to dominate the nose, I pick up mellow sweet fruits, mango and other light tropical fruits, suppressed banana & pear. Somewhere in the earthy essence there’s some dry pine/wood but its built into the complexity. Overall very aromatic and dominated by many delightful esters, one of the best.

T: Follows the nose (expected and excellent). The taste is fresh and clean, with the freshness provided by the circus of zesty citrus flavors. Spices trace the citrus, possibly spearmint and ginger that facilitate the transition to a dry flower flavor. The ABV is completely hidden, no boozy character, although there is a slight hotness (presumably from the spice citrus blend).

M: Immediate aftertaste is a woody sweetness that is somewhat dry and makes you want more. The carbonation is hard to assess awing to the various flavor facets that continue to assault the palate.

O: This along with one or two other DIPAs have really revitalized my love of the style. This is damn fresh and damn tasty. Kinda jumped on the tail end of this 2.14.14, but its fresh taste is still in your face. This has me amped for the next installment of this #EnjoyBy series.

Into IPAs or IIPAs? Once the next installment is announced, mark your calendar.

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

I am relatively new to the world of IPA's but if this is what they are all like I am hooked.

Over the past week I have tasted Heady Topper, Hi - Res and now Enjoy By. All 3 are incredible beers. I place Enjoy By in the middle but closer to Heady than Hi - Res.

Great color, cleaner than Heady. I poured into a pint glass the head was not noteworthy, but the lacing was.

Aroma is fantastic, but my sense of smell is horrid

Taste is clean and maybe a bit more bitter.... Grapefruit? than I prefer, but I assume I will get used to that in the world of IPA's

Overall, I will buy this any chance I get as it was relatively cheap at $9 for the bottle.

Perhaps my top 3 in IPAs. If this were the only beer left on this planet, I'd be fine.

Pours a orangy golden with one finger of head. Classic example of an IPA.

The moment I took the cap off the bottle, I could smell the aroma of this beauty. I got a LOT of papaya, maybe 80% papaya, 10% pineapple, 10% orange/grapefruit. Just spectacular, juicy, and tropical smelling.

The taste was the smell, plus malt, more sweetness, and more hoppiness. Very well balanced, and I got absolutely zero alcohol on the taste. VERY well made, and now I see what the hype is all about.

Overall, I base my opinion on whether or not I would buy the beer again, so I take into account the price, taste, and availability. A bomber for $10 that is hard to find, to me, is a steal for this type of beer. Phenomenal!

4.77/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Aroma: pine, oranges, and resin.

Appearance: gold with a thin white head.

Taste: huge citrus hop flavor. Resin and dank in the finish that lingers for a long time.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body and high carbonation.

Overall: amazing double IPA.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.