Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
SoCalStout

06-13-2013 03:30:20 | More by SoCalStout
Schnauzerlord

4.71/5  rDev +6.3%

07.04.13-I've had other entries in Stone's 'Enjoy by' series, and while all were excellent, I think this one stands out as the finest, though that may be just because it happens to play to most of my prefferences . I'm really in the midst of a New Zealand hops phase, and this tastes strongly of Nelson or similiar hops.

A: 4.50 clear attractive light amber color (I hate this catagory. If it smelled and tasted great, Id' drink it if it looked like split pea soup)

S: 4.75 I LOVE that grapefruit/pineapple acidic aroma that screams 'NEW ZEALAND"

T: 4.75 Again, this groves perfectly with my current passion for an over-the-top citrus flavor thats amazingly thirst quenching.

M: 4.50 very nice. smooth and bready in it's maltiness, which is cut so well by the acid taste from all the hops

Overall-Excellent example of the type. For me, this would be a constant in my fridge if it was always available. Great alone, but stands up very well to strong food flavors. Seems to hold it's carbonation better than most others of the style. I had a pint sit for a couple of hours and still taste great, where others seem to go flat very quickly. Now I need to find out if Stone has it on Nitro at their tasting room...

06-13-2013 03:28:53 | More by Schnauzerlord
Bosoxfan20

Missouri

4.43/5  rDev 0%

Enjoy By 7-4-13
Bottled on 5-31-13
Consumed on 6-8-13

A- Clean looking copper with a 2 finger off white head that is thick as can be. Lacing does a nice job of holding strong, and the retention is persistent as hell. A little light in color for a DIPA, but all of the characteristics are here for an impressive beer.

S- Oh my! Massive hop aroma. Not sure of the IBUs, but the hop profile is divine. Dank (I mean DANK!) hops of citrus, pine and slight floral. You don't have to work hard at all to find this aroma. Explodes out of the glass. It is like walking through an orchard of grapefruit, mango, pineapple, peaches, lemons and abundant pine trees.

T- Follows nose. Once again, superb hop characteristics take over the palate early on and linger throughout. It runs the hop gauntlet - dank, wet, powder coated and resinous all in waves. A sweet caramel malt base shows up with perfect timing to ensure this doesn't become an astringent experience. Some earthy tones also make their way. Bitter bite in the finish.

M- Dry, oh so dry. Mouth can't wait to get another sip. Creamy to a degree for the style, yet lighter than many. Alcohol present with some warmth. Perfect carbonation.

O- So pleased to see this distribute to MO as soon as I moved here. Certainly one of my favorites from Stone. Won't compare to others as this one speaks for itself. I'll say this though, not many beers excite me so much that I go back to the store the very next day to stock up on some more. I did with this one.

DFH IPA glass

06-12-2013 05:07:36 | More by beersnbass
zhanson88

4.65/5  rDev +5%

Bottled 5/31/13.

Appearance: Pours a warm, clear golden honey color. Ample carbonation is apparent. About 1.5" of eggshell white head forms, which has great retention and lacing. Very good looking IPA.

Smell: Extremely dank on the nose. Bitter grapefruit and some pineapple and mango notes. Very fresh and clean hop smells. Some bready and caramel malt notes peek out as well, but the hops really shine.

Taste: Bready malts do show themselves initially, as well as perhaps a bit of caramel. The remainder is very sticky, and very dank hop flavors. Citrus, grapefruit, pineapple, mango, and sticky hop resins are apparent. Overall, the beer is fairly sweet which is not surprising for a 9.4% ABV beer. However, the finish is pretty dry, which is a nice quality.

Mouthfeel/Overall: Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied, with ample carbonation. Very nice. Overall, I thought this was an outstanding IPA. The hop character is very resinous and very pronounced, but all in all the beer has a nice balance. Super.

06-12-2013 04:15:26 | More by zhanson88

dbossman

Nebraska

4.2/5  rDev -5.2%

This review came from notes (3rd batch):

A: Amberish/golden hue with a stead head and good lacing

S: Grapefruit, weed, pineapple--so fresh with somewhat of a bready backbone; but mostly lots of hop resin aromas dominating

T: So bitter and resiny: oily, piney, dank, grapefruity--it is so bitter and I wish there was a little more sweetness underneath

F: So sticky and oily and awesome

O: This is a bitter, in your face beer--I like it--but I wish it had a bit more of a malty sweetness underneath; but like I said, it is still a darn good beer

06-11-2013 20:42:19 | More by dbossman

harrymel

Washington

3.8/5  rDev -14.2%

Enjoy by 04JUL13

Golden with a loose soapy white foam sheet. Smells nice: mango, pineapple, resin, biscuit, dextrose, bit of mint. Bitter, sweet, sugar sweetness, some onion, some body odor, some grapefruit. Medium bodied with moderately sharp carb and an off dry finish. This was better the first time I tried it, but I feel there are a couple characteristics here I'm growing tired of: onion and body odor in the IPAs - seems to be a palate trend for me lately unfortunately.

06-11-2013 08:13:50 | More by harrymel
pjkelley82

4.88/5  rDev +10.2%

Best IPA I've had to date. Had it as a sampling at a beer distributor by me. Picked up a few singles of other beers, left, drove halfway home and turned around. Picked up a Growler.

Batch: Enjoy by 5/17/13
Consumed on 5/15/13

At first sip it was surprisingly good.... good hop punch, balance and a crisp tongue snapping finish.... the thing that really got me is how drinkable it was and how on my ride home I just couldn't get that goodness it left out of my mouth... it's the type that you wanna continue drinking... a big standout to me was how ridiculously fresh it tasted. I definitely recommend anyone to try this... even if your not an IPA fan... you may just turn around to like it after all.

Edit: I have had severall bottled versions and on draft afterwards. Some bottled versions I did taste the onion-y hop to it. None were better than the 5/17/13 version.

Overall: 4.5-5

06-11-2013 06:32:39 | More by pjkelley82

mojuyt

06-11-2013 01:04:27 | More by mojuyt
GraduatedCashew

06-10-2013 23:58:16 | More by GraduatedCashew
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.