Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
4.65/5  rDev +5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Bottled 5/31/13.

Appearance: Pours a warm, clear golden honey color. Ample carbonation is apparent. About 1.5" of eggshell white head forms, which has great retention and lacing. Very good looking IPA.

Smell: Extremely dank on the nose. Bitter grapefruit and some pineapple and mango notes. Very fresh and clean hop smells. Some bready and caramel malt notes peek out as well, but the hops really shine.

Taste: Bready malts do show themselves initially, as well as perhaps a bit of caramel. The remainder is very sticky, and very dank hop flavors. Citrus, grapefruit, pineapple, mango, and sticky hop resins are apparent. Overall, the beer is fairly sweet which is not surprising for a 9.4% ABV beer. However, the finish is pretty dry, which is a nice quality.

Mouthfeel/Overall: Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied, with ample carbonation. Very nice. Overall, I thought this was an outstanding IPA. The hop character is very resinous and very pronounced, but all in all the beer has a nice balance. Super.

zhanson88, Jun 12, 2013

FTowne, Jun 12, 2013

Brewman123, Jun 11, 2013

mtchaput, Jun 11, 2013
4.2/5  rDev -5.2%

This review came from notes (3rd batch):

A: Amberish/golden hue with a stead head and good lacing

S: Grapefruit, weed, pineapple--so fresh with somewhat of a bready backbone; but mostly lots of hop resin aromas dominating

T: So bitter and resiny: oily, piney, dank, grapefruity--it is so bitter and I wish there was a little more sweetness underneath

F: So sticky and oily and awesome

O: This is a bitter, in your face beer--I like it--but I wish it had a bit more of a malty sweetness underneath; but like I said, it is still a darn good beer

dbossman, Jun 11, 2013

dunix, Jun 11, 2013

CuddleZombie6, Jun 11, 2013
3.8/5  rDev -14.2%

Enjoy by 04JUL13

Golden with a loose soapy white foam sheet. Smells nice: mango, pineapple, resin, biscuit, dextrose, bit of mint. Bitter, sweet, sugar sweetness, some onion, some body odor, some grapefruit. Medium bodied with moderately sharp carb and an off dry finish. This was better the first time I tried it, but I feel there are a couple characteristics here I'm growing tired of: onion and body odor in the IPAs - seems to be a palate trend for me lately unfortunately.

harrymel, Jun 11, 2013
4.88/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Best IPA I've had to date. Had it as a sampling at a beer distributor by me. Picked up a few singles of other beers, left, drove halfway home and turned around. Picked up a Growler.

Batch: Enjoy by 5/17/13
Consumed on 5/15/13

At first sip it was surprisingly good.... good hop punch, balance and a crisp tongue snapping finish.... the thing that really got me is how drinkable it was and how on my ride home I just couldn't get that goodness it left out of my mouth... it's the type that you wanna continue drinking... a big standout to me was how ridiculously fresh it tasted. I definitely recommend anyone to try this... even if your not an IPA fan... you may just turn around to like it after all.

Edit: I have had severall bottled versions and on draft afterwards. Some bottled versions I did taste the onion-y hop to it. None were better than the 5/17/13 version.

Overall: 4.5-5

pjkelley82, Jun 11, 2013

VTHeady, Jun 10, 2013

biggied, Jun 10, 2013

sanford_and_son, Jun 10, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer was amazing. It had a really fresh grapefruit aroma that exploded out of the glass. I was amazed at the tasty freshness. I can't really put into words the actual taste of freshness, but it was such a clean IPA. The malt backed up the massive hops pretty well, although lets be honest with ourselves, this IPA is not so much about the malt. I would love to get my hands on more of this stuff. If I were to compare to Pliny, I would say they are actually quite similar, but more grapefruit on the Enjoy By and more tropical flavors in Pliny. Enjoy by July 4th is truly a great beer.

brenty0man, Jun 10, 2013

Brennanleroy, Jun 10, 2013

Rob_pbr81, Jun 10, 2013

NMFB, Jun 10, 2013
3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

Gkimbo, Jun 10, 2013

tinypyramids, Jun 10, 2013
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.