Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

4.66/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A - Yellow-orange. I could care less about appearance, so unless it's really beautiful or really ugly, it will get the average of the other ratings. Who drinks a beer for appearance anyway?

S - Pine, citrus, and something very unique most likely from the Nelson Sauvin hops I know they used to dry hop this. This is probably the best beer I have smelled.

T - It has all the hop taste you would expect from Stone and doesn't taste anywhere near 9.4%, but it doesn't match up to the smell. I homebrew and I've used Nelson Sauvin. When I first smelled it I thought it was going to be the best hop ever, but I personally like the taste of Citra and Centennial better. In fact, I just had to drop the taste rating down a little (9-4-13) because that Nelson Sauvin aftertaste comes out even more when it isn't dead fresh, no wonder they put it right on the label to enjoy by a month after bottling. At this point, I'd probably rather have a Ruination.

M - Smooth and dry, almost too dry, and I like dry beers. Again, I can't believe this is a 9.4% beer.

O - This is the big dog and of course I'm drinking the 09.09.13 iteration as I write this review.

4.35/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bottle purchased from Fleming Place in Topeka, KS. Bottle on 08/?/13. Enjoy by 9/13/13. Enjoyed out of a Tallgrass cervoise glass. Poured straight from the fridge.

Appearance: 2 fingers of tight, off white head from a gentle pour. Nice honey colored body and lacing.

Smell: A wonderful waterfall of hop cones. Green pine needles, floral citrus, pineapple and orange peel (like smelling a lemon or an orange before you eat it). Also a bit of green grass in the end. It's like smelling a handful of hop cones. A bit of sweet booze pops up.

Taste: Bright citrus fruits. Lemon zest and orange peel. A bitter pinyness and some grass. A sweet, sturdy malt backbone. Some biscuity malt. Finishes with a bitter herbalness. You can feel the ABV but it's not offensive.

Mouthfeel: Lower carbonation with a medium to full mouthfeel. A substantial beer though one I feel like taking gulps of. Very warming and sweet.

Overall: I just love the nose on this! Worth it just for that. The ABV is never too much and just comes off as sweet and mingles with the malt. Worth the $8 or so dollars. Stone just keeps bringing out the fun beers and I am so glad they're now in KS. One worthy of the hype!
Sipped on and contemplated while enjoying some aged Cheddar and Cryptopsy's None So Vile.

4.31/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bomber into a nonic pint, 9.13.2013 batch.

Marmalade with an eggshell covered head that dissipates into a ring of foam around the edges. Spotty lacing, clear body, and decent sized large bubbles.

Peaches and tangerines are the first thing that hit your nose. It's not really jumping out of glass at me, I have to get within about 4 inches to smell much of anything. Kind of disappointed about that, I remember the aromatics on the last batch I had being much better. But it certainly does smell nice when I can smell it.

The taste is where it really shines. Opens with lots of citrus and fruit. Tangerines, peaches, passion fruit, with a slight bit of dank pine and earhtyness on the finish. Up there with any other World class IPA in terms of flavor.

Light-medium bodied with a drying finish. A little bit sticky on the lips, and you can definitely feel the carbonation on your tongue as it eases into your mouth.

Great West coast style flavor with an emphasis on pitted fruit and zesty citrus. I honestly remember the previous batches of this jumping out of the glass at me more but it certainly doesn't smell bad when I can smell it. Still an outstanding IPA though.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

22 oz. bottle, with the bottled on date chipped and smeared away. The 10th batch of this beer, and the first I've managed to get my hands on. Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13, a more than obvious vintage date. I've been sitting on this bottle for about a week now, so I don't see the need to wait any longer! Exponentially stoked to have gotten this.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Pours a bronze-orange-gold colored body with just over a finger of bubbly off-white head that settles down to suds pretty quick. Second pour yields a good two fingers of creamy doughy off-white froth. Impressive clarity.

S - Nose is actually quite tame compared to what I was expecting. Some fresh cut grapefruit, apricot, blood orange, some soapiness, and a buttered biscuit malt backbone. Alcohol is barely detectable for being such a high abv beer. Smells pretty 'ordinary', but spot on.

T - Taste brings more of the same. Extremely well-balanced, and not the ridiculous hop bomb one might normally expect from Stone. The bready malts pair well with the fresh grapefruit hops.

M - Feel is extremely smooth, creamy, and clean. This is clearly a fresh beer, and even the mouthfeel reflects that fact. Dry bitter hop resins clinging to the palate. I feel like this would pair well with some cheese, and I wish I had some.

Overall, I was initially sort of let down by the 'tame' nature of this beer by Stone's standards, but this is remarkably smooth, creamy, well-balanced, and drinkable for having such a high 9.40% abv, and that is most likely due to the freshness factor. Call it a gimmick if you want, this is the pinnacle of fresh imperial IPA's.

Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA ---4/5.

4.69/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

10 day old bottle into an unbranded Rastal Luttich.

Golden clear pour with good carbonation.

Smells are salty spicy dank hops. Damnit, I need to start homebrewing if this is what fresh hops can smell like in the glass. Love it. I don't know if Nelson Sauvin is here, but it sure smells like it.

T: Thankfully, follows the nose. Salty and earthy hops coat the tongue, spicy vibe too. Continues that N. Sauvin theme. A bit of garlic/onion, but in the back and it works with the other flavors. some typical pine/citrus as well.

M: Pretty clean overall. If this could be resined-up and and stickified I would be even happier.

O: Top shelf. Will be buying again. Hit me in all the right spots.

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.