Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

4.68/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

No clue how I've had 4-5 of these and never reviewed.

I love this beer. Every 3-4 months a new one comes out and it's just as amazing as the last and always so fresh. I'm sure I'm spoiled as some people can't seem to get it often enough.

A firm pour provides a modest bit of foam, I don't expect much lacing given the head. Crystal clear (too much so but it's crazy fresh) with a dark golden orange head. This looks a bit darker than their normal IPAs but not much.

The nose is HUGE full of citrus grape fruit and just intense grape fruit rines. The level of dryness is mind blowing, this is going to be amazing.

A complex blend of just explosive hops, I mean these are just off their rocker. A massive sucker punch of grape fruit, tangerine, mango, and god knows what else come at you like a thunder bolt. the beer is sweet, but hell if I could tell you anything about the malt. The hops start a billionth of a second after the first taste and they don't let up, period.

The beer drinking surprisingly light, the hop body and bite mixed with such a clean carbonation makes this amazingly easy to drink. The hops just ripping your tongue apart are the only thing to remind you this might be a high abv beer.

I'm not sure if the balance and blend of perfect malts with perfect hops happens here. It just misses on the most elite of elite ipa's but I'm splitting hairs here.

4.62/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

09.13.13

P: A vivacious clear pale copper orange body with a crown of jiggly off white froth.

S: Smells like your hands after peeling an orange. Crisp citrus hop explosion. Orange, melon, ruby red grapefruit, lemon zest, and toasted malts.

T/M: Orange peel, lemon candy, mint, grapefruit juice, and mango. A sting of alcohol graces the tongue and leaves it tingly. Buttered toast, bubblegum and toasted caramel. Medium-full bodied with a great tingle of carbonation.

O: Crisp bold hops that engulfs your palate and sweeten it with a toasted malt base. I have been waiting to get this as fresh as I could. This is a huge statement for freshness. I love this beer and I can't wait till the next one.

4.38/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - Pale body with thin head of medium size bubbles. Not too much retention or lacing.

S - Citrus but not a ton of aroma

T - Huge pine hops with a deep earthy malt base. Alcohol is there but everything is so balanced I wouldn't expect 9.4%. Everything finishes with the lasting taste of citrus and pine.

M - Fairly high carbonation and fine enough that the beer drinks smooth but with a good bite.

O - A shock goes through me every time I see the "Enjoy By" label appear on the shelves. I then proceed to clear the rack. This has everything I want in a big IPA; deep bassy malts, intense bitters, and a strong abv.

4.58/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I bought this bottle online from Bringonthebeer.

A- it pours a crystal clear gold with a close to a 1 finger head of foam that seems to be shrinking slowly, leaving some lacing behind.

S- the aromas oozed out of the bottle when I popped the cap. Hoppy as all get out. Big grapefruit, decidedly bitter to the nth degree. Reminds me of a certain "triple" IPA, which shall remain nameless, that went above and beyond my comfort zone. This smells very oily with the hop presence..

T- laws yes..err...no. It's not at all like the other brew I didn't mention by name. Well, they are both VERY hoppy and bitter but this has an oily/fresh hop flavour that kills it. Light on the malt but not that light. Mid palate is where I notice it the most...a kind of earthy malt presence.

The rest is all the best of what hops can bring to the table and I "should" know. I have had some of the best thanks to online orders, TRADES, and what I can find off the shelf locally.

M- tongue stickingly great. Perfect carbo and body. The latter..woo, woo, woo!

O- I guess I kind of get what the hoopla is all about with Enjoy By. Yes.I.do!

4.42/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

22 oz. 9.13.13 poured into a DFH Pint Glass.

A: Slight yellow-strawish color. A bit hazy. Lack of carbonation bubbles visible. Solid head that fades into a slight spiderweb lacing. Interesting.

S: Grapefruit, citrus, pine and a slight fading alcohol.

T: Pine, grassy notes, followed up by big grapefruit and citrus explosions. Alcohol is undetectable.

M: Heavy for a DIPA, but carbonation balances well. Bitter from beginning to end. Just how a DIPA should be.

O: Only thing I can say..A must have. This is the third time I've had a beer from this series. All amazing.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.