Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
BlueFeetAndBeer

03-11-2013 13:50:23 | More by BlueFeetAndBeer
Bazaar

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

A - Enjoy by 4.01.13. Poured from a bomber into a tulip. Orange, honey-like color with a medium, 1-inch head. Not clear, but light.

N - Resiny, citrusy, grassy hops shine through the nose. Smells fresh, as advertised. Hints of grapefruit and a hoppy characteristic I've never smelled before--like a savory spice.

T: Very hop-forward, moderately bitter, with interesting hop complexity. Fresh-tasting citrus hops, resin, orange, grapefruit, grassy hops. Subdued malt, but good balance, given the hop profile.

M: High carbonation, may be a bit thin, and feels very dry (which is surprising, because it's almost 10% alcohol) and drinkable. Drinks easily and warms simultaneously.

O: Excellent beer. Dry, complex, hop-centric profile with excellent drinkability. One of Stone's best offerings. I sure hope they continue to make these for upcoming summer nights.

03-11-2013 12:45:31 | More by Bazaar
BigLittleHokis

03-11-2013 01:27:43 | More by BigLittleHokis
TheRougeBastard

My first "Enjoy By" was the 04-01-13 brew out of a bomber. It was immediant love at first sip! Hop madness straight out the bottle! Poured a golden yellow imto a standard British pint glass. The bitterness of the hops was easily disguished by an amaziing smoothness and overall drinkability not found in average IPA's.

My second, the 08-02-13 edition, was enjoyed really fresh (brewed 06-28-13'- consumed 07-01/02-13) via a growler straight from the brewery! If you ever get a chance to visit, this is a mandatory stop...but I digress. The 08-02 poured same as the 04-01 and each glass was consistent throughout. This has to be one of Stone's best!!

Third: 09-13-13 edition, 22oz bomber, not as tasty as the "straight from the brewery" taste I enjoyed in August, but still an the best IPA I've had!

03-11-2013 01:15:13 | More by TheRougeBastard
Mclaughlinpr

03-11-2013 01:09:29 | More by Mclaughlinpr
rangerred

Tennessee

3.91/5  rDev -11.7%

Enjoy by 04.01.13

Poured into a pint glass out of a 22oz bomber.

Pours a clear light gold with just a tiny white head that quickly fades to a thin cap. Just a few chunks of lacing cling to the sides of the glass.

The aroma has a very pungent, almost oniony thing going on combined with some pine sap and a touch of tropical fruit. No malt to speak of as it is all hops here and they prove to be very mouth watering.

Lots of orange and pine in the flavor with just a touch of butterscotch. More earth and sap coming in towards the middle along with some tartness. There is a brief sweetness that appears but is then quickly ushered away by an extreme drying bitterness. Mouthfeel is somewhat silky but then finishes very dry which is impressive for a beer of this strength. Alcohol is completely hidden making this dangerously drinkable.

Overall, another great IIPA from stone. I love the drinkablity and the unique hop combination of this brew and am really glad I picked it up.

03-11-2013 01:04:47 | More by rangerred

03-10-2013 23:57:41 | More by stoney1031
KYGunner

Kentucky

4.1/5  rDev -7.4%

Very bright white head with a thick foamy texture. The color appears more golden with less orange hues typical for an IPA.

The scent is remarkably complex with floral and citrus hops blending well. Mango, tangerine, lemon, and orange play out of a sweet citrusy tone. Musky, pine and earthy scents mix in as well, in a strong aromatic display.

The taste is equally complex and strong but more dominated by the earthy, musky and even oniony hop characters. The citrus notes are near the front but its hard to discern the individual tastes. The floral, piney tastes than dominate and finish. No alcohol taste is present but a great warmth spreads through the chest.

I can appreciate this for all the character it possesses even if it is not necessarily my cup of beer.

03-10-2013 22:35:10 | More by KYGunner
JeffSuttonTX

03-10-2013 22:20:37 | More by JeffSuttonTX
BigTrubble

03-10-2013 22:12:46 | More by BigTrubble
ThisWangsChung

Maryland

4.1/5  rDev -7.4%

Re-review of newer batches. The 7/4 Enjoy By made me realize that I have this one way underrated. It's got the perfect blend of bitterness and hop flavor for my palate. As such, I now hunt this down every time it shows up in MD.

---

22 oz bottle into a Duvel tulip.

A: Pours a freaking gorgeous golden amber shade with perfect clarity. The head is a three finger white shade. Everything is good here - retention, texture, and the lacing down the glass. This beer makes Sofia Vergara look like a damn horse in comparison.

S: There is a distinct savory note from the hops that reminds me of onion/garlic. Otherwise, this one comes off as being bitter just from the nose alone; there is a lot of grapefruit peel, black pepper, mango, papaya, pine, and guava. It really smells damn great, but perhaps it's not quite to my preference for an IPA.

T: At first, there's some slight maltiness (in an earthy expression) before it finishes both dry and bitter. Transitioning between the vaguely citrusy opening and piny, bitter ending is a strong midtaste of onion and garlic; I actually like this portion of the flavor profile the best. But the biggest problem here is how boozy this one seems. Maybe it's some of the earthy and oniony qualities coming through on the back end, but there's a real distinct sharp heat to it that doesn't strike me as being hop-derived. Certainly it feels every bit its 9.4% ABV. To be fair, this note helps to rein in the bitterness somewhat, so it's not all bad, I guess.

I've got another one on standby that I plan to serve more chilled than this one - maybe this will tone down the booze some? Regardless, what a letdown.

M: Typical Stone IPA: bone-dry, clean, astringent, and bitter as fuck. Well, maybe not 'as fuck', but it does have a good lingering bite to it. Something like this should be spectacularly drinkable - thanks to all the poorly concealed alcohol I taste here, I'm reduced to vegging over this one for a moderate length of time. Drinkability is actually okay because the general feel is quite good - but then again, I expected something fantastically chuggable.

O: I really thought this was going to be a world-class DIPA, but instead I find it kind of harsh and meh. I hate to say it, but this has nothing on some of the local DIPAs I can get fairly readily (Evolution Lot 6 DIPA and Troegs Perpetual IPA); and let's not talk about how badly Lagunitas Sucks pounds this one into submission. Absolutely worth trying, though - hell, I seem to be only one who doesn't love this. But Stone, unless the second bottle I drink manages to make me shit out rainbows and sunshine the way I expected this one to, you are back on my naughty list again.

03-10-2013 21:36:15 | More by ThisWangsChung

03-10-2013 20:32:47 | More by Japple
dubinsky

4.33/5  rDev -2.3%

Enjoy by 04.01.13

A – The beer pours an incredibly clear and filtered golden orange, almost the like the color of Honey. A foamy two finger head formed as I poured it into my crate and barrel snifter. The head seemed to stick around for some time eventually receding leaving behind some serious lacing.

S – The aroma of this batch is less pungent than I remember from previous examples of the beer, but it still is very citrus forward, with tones of lemon zest, fresh squeezed orange juice and the traditional pineapple an mango hints. There is a strong hop presence with this beer, as its fairly piney and resiny.

T – Huge, bitter resinous hop flavors dominate the front of the beer, followed by the citrusy components I detected in the aroma. Although delicious, this is a very bitter beer, unlike Sucks or Heady which are very tropical and citrus forward. That’s not a negative nock against the beer, just an observation. The taste finishes of very dry with slight bready malt flavors.

M – Fairly light mouth. Fairly astringent (not in a bad way) with a nice dry finish. The high abv is undetectable as I feel little to no heat from the beer.

O – This is not the first Enjoy By I’ve had as its come around my area twice now. I regret not reviewing it the first time as I thought that batch was significantly better. Part of me is really disappointed by the inconsistency I perceive from batch to batch, but the other part of me is loving the brilliance and the quality of this beer. The idea of dating the beers like this is brilliant and I will continue to buy them every chance get because I will always know how old they are without digging for the date. Well done Stone!

03-10-2013 20:07:13 | More by dubinsky

cheetsmageets

03-10-2013 08:41:28 | More by cheetsmageets
hsus0225

03-10-2013 06:04:01 | More by hsus0225
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.