Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

Bockerdoppel91, Apr 02, 2013

BradStokley, Apr 01, 2013

Skeeze, Apr 01, 2013

LockeSD, Apr 01, 2013

eulerthegrape, Apr 01, 2013

mklisz, Apr 01, 2013
4.15/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 04-01-13 on 03-23-13

Honestly to see all the hype I am disappointed in this beer. Don't get me wrong this is def a good beer, but I'm not buying into this brewed to be extra fresh crap. The beer pours average, no exciting appearance, nothing special with the head. The aroma is quite unique though. It has the basics of a West Coast IPA but more, there seems to be tons of varieties of hops, very complex. This strong hop flavor makes you forget it's over 9% abv. Although I appreciate all these hops, I feel like they could have been chosen differently to better compliment each other. All in all my opinion breaks down to this. Every other type of IPA I have had from Stone Brewing has been better than this beer, and they are all half the price. I was super excited to try this been and unfortunately I was disappointed. Save your money and buy the original Stone IPA, it is the better way to go.

vicg12, Apr 01, 2013

dt_gbpackersfan, Apr 01, 2013

Christov, Apr 01, 2013

Whiskeydeez, Apr 01, 2013

Beerdudenumberone, Apr 01, 2013
4.49/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4/20/13 There was a time when the date of this one would have been the most awesome thing. I guess I'm getting old...

Appearance. Pours a rich but clear gold with a finger of white head. Decent lace, but nothing spectacular.

Smell. Beautiful pine and lucious tropical fruits. Mango, pineapple, papaya, limes and grapefruit. There's some toasty grainy malt backing it up, but this smells like it brings the goods in the west coast style hop department.

Taste. Big juicy hops again. Lots of tropical fruit, grapefruit rind, oranges, pine sap, spicy hops, grassy hops, and some nice toasted grainy malt backing it up ...but not too much. The full range of hop flavours is here and not in a overdone sort of way. Nice bitterness in the finish as well and very fresh tasting, as expected.

Mouthfeel. Medium+ body, medium-low smooth carbonation.

Overall. A pretty awesome IPA. If you like hops and lots of 'em, this beer doesn't disappoint.

Rutager, Apr 01, 2013

C2H5, Apr 01, 2013

VeganUndead, Apr 01, 2013
4.31/5  rDev -2.7%

Bomber received in trade with iguenard - thanks! Batch 5

Appearance - Clear amber with an average size fizzy off-white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there is some decent lacing. The head lasted for around 4 minutes.

Smell - Hops, malts, grapefruit, resin, apricots

Taste & Mouth - There is an average amount of carbonation and I can taste caramel, malts, and hops. There is also some grapefruit and some pineapple mixed with apricots and a bit of booze. It ends with a resiny/hoppy above average bitterness.

Overall – This beer packs a punch in both booze and hops. It's missing just a bit of the limp smacking sweetness that I find in Sculpin/pliny, but it's still a world class beer for sure. There is no reason to buy ruination if this is sitting on the shelf as well.

spinrsx, Apr 01, 2013

timahood32, Apr 01, 2013

Lazaro, Mar 31, 2013

CTJman, Mar 31, 2013
4.43/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

(Batch 4-1-13) Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a snifter glass
Chill-hazed apricot/gold in color, with a big cloud deck of bone-white foam.
Aroma-Big juicy, dank hops
Taste-Fruity peach and apricot, piney, resinous hops abound. Grapefruit, fresh-squeezed hops. High ABV not evident. Full-on hops, big character and bigger flavor. A powerfull, full-flavored Double IPA.

hosehead83, Mar 31, 2013

leschkie, Mar 31, 2013

HopLuva, Mar 31, 2013
4.84/5  rDev +9.3%

Enjoy By 09/13/13 22 oz. bomber pulled straight from the fridge and poured with 4-5 oz. intervals into 10 oz. snifter

A- Beautiful thick apricot gold color, initially cloudy, but clears up after pour. A 1/4"-1/2" bubbly, foamy white head that sticks around for a while. As the beer sloshes around in the snifter a fine bubbly film trails down the sides of the glass

S- The smell of this is wonderful! It's fresh. It's Clean. I smell fresh juicy hops, some sugar, some caramel. The hops are not piney and not really grapefruit-like, but remind me of the mandarin oranges I used to eat out of the can when I was a kid. Also I am reminded of the smell of the shell of a candy apple.

T- Much like the smell, the first sip, a ZINGER as my taste buds go wild! Floral hops, mandarin oranges. This beer is only a few weeks old, so it is SO fresh. As it warms, I get a bit of sugar, some estery caramel hoppyness which is unique but out of this world tasty. As I proceed with my servings I aggressively agitate the beer in my mouth and pick up some subtle coriander and chamomile.

O- Overall this is one of the best imperial IPA's I have ever had. I bought an 8 oz. snifter of the 04/20/13 on tap at a restaurant earlier this year on a whim and I loved it. This is the first time I had it since then and perhaps the first IIPA I have had since then as well. This beer is surprisingly refreshing and the alcohol is hidden very well. It CAN NOT BE TASTED AT ALL! For a brew approaching 10% that is very impressive. I have had some really HOT brews at 9-10%. Not this beer. I strongly recommend this to hop heads and anyone who is a craft beer aficionado in general as this is not a harsh IIPA. Bold, vivid in flavor-yes, but not harsh in alcohol or hops whatsoever-a WORLD CLASS BEER!

mitch3114, Mar 31, 2013

UNCCTDawg, Mar 31, 2013

Retail1LO, Mar 31, 2013
3.65/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

This poured very nicely, with good head retention, and a nice coppery color. from there I got a floral hop aroma and some caramel notes. Flavor was fine. Standard high-hopped American IPA. This was an OK beer for me, but I'm not sure what the fuss is. I wonder if some of the oooh and ahhh might be because in general Stone makes great beer. This is not a great beer. It's a good beer, in the current tradition of "more hops = better beer." I went from this one to a Bear Republic Racer 5, which I love.

Beerstorian, Mar 31, 2013
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.