Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

adamwn, Apr 27, 2013

JReites, Apr 27, 2013
4.29/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Very happy to finally try this one... Enjoy By 5.17.13

Great looking beer. Clean gold body accented with steady beading and a frothy finger of bone white head which laces perfectly.

Lush citric hops and loads of tropical sweetness... just a touch of prickly conifer... classic West Coast IPA aromas.

Big, bright hop flavors that show little to no abrasion. Bittersweet orange zest, pine and mellow mango. Dynamic, balanced, and surprisingly drinkable.

I seriously hope this one returns to MN in the future.

yamar68, Apr 27, 2013

ummswimmin, Apr 27, 2013

NHbeerfishing, Apr 27, 2013
4.35/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

The look: clear, crisp, golden-hued, active carbonation, enormous head, pillowy white, lace-leaving and lovely. Very nice looking brew.

The aroma: oily hop resins, prickly pine, lemon zest, orange peel, plenty of bitterness, but not too much so.

The taste of it: Intense bitterness grips the palate, buzzes the tongue, leaves little bombs of sweetness at variable intervals. With each new sip and swallow, a repeat of the pass, gripping bitterness, attacking the tongue, swabbed by sweet, ending dryly, reading for the next round. Medium bodied, long hoppiness…and the high alcohol doesn't get you until you're, wait, where are we now? About 3/4 into the bottle. Yep, it's creeping up…

This lands somewhere between the regular Stone IPA, which I love, and Ruination. Not quite as ruining. I would appreciate it more dialed down a notch or two, though. Maybe 7.5% would make it more enjoyable by.

Here's some gobbledygook from the label: "You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. Freshness is a key component in many beers, especially big, hoppy IPAs--but we've taken it further, a lot further, with this one. We brewed this IPA specifically not to last. We've gone to extensive lengths to to ensure you get your hands on this beer within an extraordinarily short window, and we've sent a very clear message in the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than NOW to enjoy this IPA."

Terrific stuff. Here I come, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.

feloniousmonk, Apr 27, 2013
4.36/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a general review. I don't want to get into the exact details. This beer is not jaw dropping. It is not a Pliny, Hopslam, or even a Nugget Nectur. But, this beer sends a message to IPA beer lovers. That message is freshness. While it is not anywhere near the best IPA I have ever tasted, it is one of the freshest and I think that this concept is missing. As a IPA drinker I have been feeling that sometimes I'm cheated. Nugget Nectur ( I consider this an IPA even though it is an IAPA) is one of my favorites, but I always feel like I have to buy it when it first comes out. If I don't, I run the risk of buying an old batch in which the hops are gone and it taste not the way it is intended. Ever wondered about the "create your own 6 pack" special at some beer stores. Yea.. don't do it with IPAs because the single beers they sell in that form is always three months old. So... while it is not the best IPA, it is an IPA that I would rather drink than a 3 months old Hopslam. You have to respect a company that takes the quality of their beer seriously and that is why I will probably continue to wait and stalk a beer store for when they receive an "enjoy by."

mvice001, Apr 27, 2013

oso, Apr 27, 2013
4.19/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 5.17.13

Bomber served into a pint glass.

A: light orange, transparent with a thin off-white head. Rising bubbles and beautiful thick wall of lacing down the glass.

S: Pine, grapefruit, grassy. Very beautiful beer smell-wise. I loved it.

T: Sweet and zesty grapefruit. Piny and resiny on the finish. Pretty bitter and a bit malty. Just completely balanced and incredibly smooth. Such a fantastic blend this go around.

M: Very smooth, dry and medium-bodied on the carbonation.

Overall: This was my first sample of the Enjoy By series and it blew my mind. This was just an incredibly beer by Stone, something I've come to expect from one of the best damn breweries in the country.

Roose13, Apr 27, 2013
4.44/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 05.17.13. Served in a Dogfish Head signature glass

Appearance: Pours a golden, light orange, honey color with a finger of an off white head. Body is somewhat hazy, with some light carbonation streaming throughout the glass.

Smell: Big bitter citrus aromas, pine, resin, mango, grass, with a slight malt sweetness underneath it all.

Taste: Grapefruit, pine, orange zest, tropical fruit, sweet malt. Bitterness is high, but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very well balanced DIPA.

Mouthfeel: Lighter side of full bodied. Medium carbonation. Finishes dry but with just enough malt sweetness to balance things out.

Overall: While I enjoy IPAs, they're generally not one of my favorite styles. This beer could make me reconsider that stance. I had previously had the 12.21.12 and it seems as though the tropical fruit notes in this batch are not as prevalent. So while that does detract a little from its overall score, this is one of the best IPAs I've had and is definitely worth seeking out.

Jonada, Apr 27, 2013

MrNate, Apr 27, 2013

BobaFret, Apr 27, 2013
4.4/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Presentation: Enjoy by 5.17.2013 chilled and poured into a Hill Farmstead tulip.

Appearance: Medium yellow to light orange in color. Pours a light lacing that sticks well to the glass.

Aroma: Bitter grapefruit, orange zest and some pine tones.Plenty of bright hoppiness here. You can definitely pick up on the freshness.

Taste: Bright grapefruit, lots of citrus fruit, a touch of mango and some earthy, pine notes. Big dry and bitter finish. The sweetness from the malt and the ABV is really quite low.

Mouthfeel: Lighter than expected carbonation with a light to medium mouthfeel for the style. Really refreshing and easy to drink.

Overall, a really tasty imperial IPA with a big, bitter hop bite. I like how it maintains the drier character of a lower ABV beer. Tons of flavor, but the sweetness and complexity of the hops are a bit overwhelmed by bitterness. I really appreciate the idea behind this beer and the beer itself is also very good.

Gosox8787, Apr 27, 2013

gritz147, Apr 27, 2013
4.98/5  rDev +12.4%

The latest version 13 days out from brewery! Awesome job on the logistics! Fresh DIPA from the west coast = AMAZING! Wonderful honey hued DIPA that makes my head spin. Huge snow white rocky head that lingers, leaVING AMPLE LACING DOWN GLASS.

An amazing aroma that sends one off in to a fog of self discovery!!!! Oh my the hops are intoxicating! Citrus piney tropical fruit bliss!!!!

The flavors are nothing short of the aromas, These folk, and I am a Koch, know how to do it. Fruity citrus tropical pine resin bliss!!!

Full to medium full bodied elixer that has already started to BOOGIE WOOGIE on my brain.

OOHFAH!!! this is where it is at man!!!

welldigger888, Apr 27, 2013

rjknyy, Apr 27, 2013

Syracuse12, Apr 27, 2013
4.55/5  rDev +2.7%

Seventh batch -- Enjoy by May 17th

Crystal clear gold with an orange tint. Nice, foamy white head. The smell is simply intoxicating. I'm not sure I can verbalize fully; hard to distill the qualia.

Dank, citrus rind permeates my palate in the freshest and meanest way. The flavor is eye-rolling good -- wonderful balance of rich malts and a sexy melange of hop notes. Grapefruit, tropical fruits, and resins resonate throughout and are fully supported by an appropriate body and mouthfeel. Piquant grassy notes poke through here and there as well. Smooth and devilish for the ABV. Rich grains and toasty caramel notes play in the secondary. Prickly, peppery resin notes linger toward the finish, which is nice and dry. Medium to full-bodied and a sheer joy to drink.

Absolutely delicious. And I love the concept of promoting fresh beer; most beers do not need to sit in your 55 degree closet. So happy to find this release here in VA. Thanks to Bon Vivant in Smithfield for stocking this.

Zraly, Apr 27, 2013
4.41/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very good ipa. Pours a yellow-gold, with a nice white head. Aroma is big, big hops. Pine and citrus rind fill the nostrils. There is a deep, somewhat dark note to these hops. Taste is a little sweet and simple at first, I'm getting maybe just base and a caramel malt, but then the hops open up delivering puckering lemon rind and a hint of grapefruit. Deep pine notes overwhelm. The finish is nice bittersweet at first and then just bitter. Mouthfeel is okay, maybe a little thin. Overall great hop aroma and good hop taste, but not one of my elite dipas.
Edit: Had this on tap in Asheville and it was fantastic. Might have been a different bottling, might have been me.

jmaharaj, Apr 27, 2013
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.