Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,254 | Hads: 9,538
4.9/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pours a brilliant brassy hue with a foamy cream colored head. Patches of sticky lace.

Scent is noticeable on opening the bottle. Pinesap and resin, grapefruit, orange peel. Pungent hop notes.

Taste is even better. Minty hops. Spicy hops. Piney hops. Earthy hops. Dank oniony hops. Pineapple hops. Floral hops. Sure there is a crisp lightly sweet malt in there somewhere but who cares. This is a hop beatdown.

Mouth is juicy and slick with a dry finish. Not a thick heavy beer - refreshing and easy to drink.

Tremendously satisfying. Absolutley love it. I wish I could drink this year round. (594 characters)

4.96/5  rDev +12.5%

(First ever public beer review.. apologies in advance!)

Use by 9.13.13
bottled 8/9, enjoyed 8/23

Appearance- Lovely amber color. Nice, thick, lingering foamy head.

Smell- citrusy floral scent, pine undertones, strong grapefruit when inhaled deeply, vaguely sweet in a pleasingly heavy way. Memory stirring, puts me in mind of summer and honeysuckle bushes.

Taste- Beautiful. Very dry with a strong hoppy tang, yet smooth. Somewhat tart but with a slight sweetness, like a hint of honey with citrus. Alcohol is noticeable, but not in an unpleasant way. Nicely balanced.

Mouthfeel- Full bodied, but not too dense. Fills your mouth and washes pleasantly over the tongue, leaving a nice lingering tingle.

Overall- Love it. This is an amazing taste that hits all my happy places for an IPA. SOOO glad I was able to get my hands on these. Definitely worth the hype. Wish I had been able to get more than two! (910 characters)

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

got the 9/13 brew.... solid attack on the senses.
brilliant neon gold glow. minor amounts of foam. laces admirably.
smells... like a hop festival.... did I mention I took their tour last night? super hot chick with red hair and a forward personality manning the mic....
strong floral taste. strong hop. hides the 9.4% well. not as fresh as the Pliny i'm drinking, and I like the Pliny a little better. it's more balanced. but if you're a hops guy, this is for you. it's got its place, I imagine. I do not prefer hop-heavy brews, but more of the balanced stuff, ya know? but it is good. I've come a long way in my assessment of hop-heavy brews....
I give the taste a 4.5 for its accomplishment of the hops domination. overall, however, it's an 85 in my book as I don't see the need to attack the sense with such hop-domination. I respect the intent, and the design, and for that it's "worthy" as the label says.
update: the 2.14.14 seems to be a different brew with different hops. more tangy and juicy with fruit flavors. a bit thinner, too, it seems, but it's an even better brew. is it my imagination? (1,104 characters)

4.06/5  rDev -7.9%

Finally. I've been trying to get my hands on this for a year now. Bottle from Mainbrew.

Pouring a clear gold with a dense white head with nice retention and lacing, this looks great. The nose is a big blast of pungent hops, pine, grapefruit and a minty herbal note being most dominant. Dank and resinous, You can tell that this beer is brashly hoppy. Alcohol is noticeable too.

The palate is quite bitter, with a blend of dank weed, pine resin and grapefruit pith lending plenty of bitterness. Alcohol is noticeable, emphasizing the brashness of the pungent hops. Faintly soapy as well. A little sweetness is present, mildly sugary with a burnt sugar effect(especially in conjunction with the hop bitterness). medium light in body, this beer is moderately carbonated and has a long, pungent finish that's a touch soapy. This is more of a bitter , dank west coast dipa than the more recent hugely aromatic dipas that are all the rage. Recommended. (952 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Review By 9.13.13

A: nice light golden body, pours a nice frothy snow white head that laces quite nicely. moderate transparency.

S: enormous blast of pine resin and hops right out of the gate... assaulting the nose.. beautiful balance with a light burnt sugar malt backbone. big citrus and grapefruit dance along the side. this is terrific

T: following the nose, pine, big hop bitterness, grapefruit, orange peel, sugary malt.nice balance. no alcohol heat on the palate, but definitely warming in the stomach

M: a bit lighter than i was expecting, nice carbonation, leaves a powerful hop bitterness on the palate, dry finish

O: excellent brew. absolutely terrific for hopsheads. a must try. (696 characters)

3.93/5  rDev -10.9%

Review of 9.13.13 variety. First review on 8/23. 2nd review on 8/31 Poured from bottle into IPA glass.

A - Amber/light orange color. Small head on first pour. Medium head on 2nd our as bottle had warmed. Pleasant appearance.

S - Detected grapefruit and tropical fruit hints.

T - Citrus/apricot hints followed by bready bitterness, lasting long after finished drinking. Unfortunately, feel that beer is missing something... lacks complexity of flavors I was looking for.

M -Clean/crisp. Nice tingle on the tongue.

O - Disappointed on first attempt. Usually a big fan of Stone products, so I gave it another try. Had a better impression the 2nd time around, but still to do not believe this beer lives up to the hype. (721 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A - Yellow-orange. I could care less about appearance, so unless it's really beautiful or really ugly, it will get the average of the other ratings. Who drinks a beer for appearance anyway?

S - Pine, citrus, and something very unique most likely from the Nelson Sauvin hops I know they used to dry hop this. This is probably the best beer I have smelled.

T - It has all the hop taste you would expect from Stone and doesn't taste anywhere near 9.4%, but it doesn't match up to the smell. I homebrew and I've used Nelson Sauvin. When I first smelled it I thought it was going to be the best hop ever, but I personally like the taste of Citra and Centennial better. In fact, I just had to drop the taste rating down a little (9-4-13) because that Nelson Sauvin aftertaste comes out even more when it isn't dead fresh, no wonder they put it right on the label to enjoy by a month after bottling. At this point, I'd probably rather have a Ruination.

M - Smooth and dry, almost too dry, and I like dry beers. Again, I can't believe this is a 9.4% beer.

O - This is the big dog and of course I'm drinking the 09.09.13 iteration as I write this review. (1,151 characters)

4.36/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Bottle purchased from Fleming Place in Topeka, KS. Bottle on 08/?/13. Enjoy by 9/13/13. Enjoyed out of a Tallgrass cervoise glass. Poured straight from the fridge.

Appearance: 2 fingers of tight, off white head from a gentle pour. Nice honey colored body and lacing.

Smell: A wonderful waterfall of hop cones. Green pine needles, floral citrus, pineapple and orange peel (like smelling a lemon or an orange before you eat it). Also a bit of green grass in the end. It's like smelling a handful of hop cones. A bit of sweet booze pops up.

Taste: Bright citrus fruits. Lemon zest and orange peel. A bitter pinyness and some grass. A sweet, sturdy malt backbone. Some biscuity malt. Finishes with a bitter herbalness. You can feel the ABV but it's not offensive.

Mouthfeel: Lower carbonation with a medium to full mouthfeel. A substantial beer though one I feel like taking gulps of. Very warming and sweet.

Overall: I just love the nose on this! Worth it just for that. The ABV is never too much and just comes off as sweet and mingles with the malt. Worth the $8 or so dollars. Stone just keeps bringing out the fun beers and I am so glad they're now in KS. One worthy of the hype!
Sipped on and contemplated while enjoying some aged Cheddar and Cryptopsy's None So Vile. (1,280 characters)

4.29/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bomber into a nonic pint, 9.13.2013 batch.

Marmalade with an eggshell covered head that dissipates into a ring of foam around the edges. Spotty lacing, clear body, and decent sized large bubbles.

Peaches and tangerines are the first thing that hit your nose. It's not really jumping out of glass at me, I have to get within about 4 inches to smell much of anything. Kind of disappointed about that, I remember the aromatics on the last batch I had being much better. But it certainly does smell nice when I can smell it.

The taste is where it really shines. Opens with lots of citrus and fruit. Tangerines, peaches, passion fruit, with a slight bit of dank pine and earhtyness on the finish. Up there with any other World class IPA in terms of flavor.

Light-medium bodied with a drying finish. A little bit sticky on the lips, and you can definitely feel the carbonation on your tongue as it eases into your mouth.

Great West coast style flavor with an emphasis on pitted fruit and zesty citrus. I honestly remember the previous batches of this jumping out of the glass at me more but it certainly doesn't smell bad when I can smell it. Still an outstanding IPA though. (1,176 characters)

4.23/5  rDev -4.1%

22 oz. bottle, with the bottled on date chipped and smeared away. The 10th batch of this beer, and the first I've managed to get my hands on. Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13, a more than obvious vintage date. I've been sitting on this bottle for about a week now, so I don't see the need to wait any longer! Exponentially stoked to have gotten this.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Pours a bronze-orange-gold colored body with just over a finger of bubbly off-white head that settles down to suds pretty quick. Second pour yields a good two fingers of creamy doughy off-white froth. Impressive clarity.

S - Nose is actually quite tame compared to what I was expecting. Some fresh cut grapefruit, apricot, blood orange, some soapiness, and a buttered biscuit malt backbone. Alcohol is barely detectable for being such a high abv beer. Smells pretty 'ordinary', but spot on.

T - Taste brings more of the same. Extremely well-balanced, and not the ridiculous hop bomb one might normally expect from Stone. The bready malts pair well with the fresh grapefruit hops.

M - Feel is extremely smooth, creamy, and clean. This is clearly a fresh beer, and even the mouthfeel reflects that fact. Dry bitter hop resins clinging to the palate. I feel like this would pair well with some cheese, and I wish I had some.

Overall, I was initially sort of let down by the 'tame' nature of this beer by Stone's standards, but this is remarkably smooth, creamy, well-balanced, and drinkable for having such a high 9.40% abv, and that is most likely due to the freshness factor. Call it a gimmick if you want, this is the pinnacle of fresh imperial IPA's.

Stone Enjoy By 09.13.13 IPA ---4/5. (1,683 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

10 day old bottle into an unbranded Rastal Luttich.

Golden clear pour with good carbonation.

Smells are salty spicy dank hops. Damnit, I need to start homebrewing if this is what fresh hops can smell like in the glass. Love it. I don't know if Nelson Sauvin is here, but it sure smells like it.

T: Thankfully, follows the nose. Salty and earthy hops coat the tongue, spicy vibe too. Continues that N. Sauvin theme. A bit of garlic/onion, but in the back and it works with the other flavors. some typical pine/citrus as well.

M: Pretty clean overall. If this could be resined-up and and stickified I would be even happier.

O: Top shelf. Will be buying again. Hit me in all the right spots. (695 characters)

4.44/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap poured into snifter.

A: 4.5 bright golden with less than 1 finger of white head
S: 4.25 super hoppy, strong malt back bone
T: 4.5 same as smell, strong hops with the backbone to support it.
M: 4.5 carbed well, smooth
O: 4.5 this brew does not disappoint. Very happy to find it on draft, hope these keep coming out in Indiana! (336 characters)

4.93/5  rDev +11.8%

A-A nice golden color with low carbonation. A very clear pour.
S- It has a nice balance of pine and citrus aromas> Smells clean.
T- For a taste it has a wonderful full flavor of hops to begin, then it follows with a clean finish just as the nose does. The bitterness lingers for a moment and then leaves your palate begging for more.
M-The mouthfeel is slightly full bodied but the finish cleans it all up. Carbonation is low but still apparent. One of the best balanced IIPAs I can remember.
O- Overall I love this IPA. I could drink this baby a hundred times before it expires. Good fucking job. (600 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +10.9%

Poured from bottle to tulip.

A - Amazingly clear golden honey orange with a nice frothy white head. Spectacular.

S - Super fresh hop smell. Filled with pine, citrus and a very mild onion / garlic undertone that makes it just smell super dank and complex.

T - An immediate dominant hop flavor hits the tongue with mostly tropical fruits but with pine and onion more apparent on the finish. No alcohol taste whatsoever.

M - Medium bodied thickness that really coats your mouth. Carbonation and body feels just right on this one!

O - My favorite Stone offering and one of my favorites overall. Such a classic Stone west coast hopped beer that stands high and above most others out there. (689 characters)

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Appearance- Pours up a copious amount of head which has pretty good retention. The head is pure cotton white while the body is a pale amber which glows a little bit lighter when held up to the light. Some lacing left behind.

Nose- Very warm and inviting. The most dominant note that I get is peach and more peach. There is some orange and citrus as well. Some melon and tropical fruit.

Taste- The flavor profile begins with citrus which is followed by lots of peach, melon, and tropical fruit. Obviously very reflective of the head. Ends with a nice finish of pine and resin and the kind of spiciness you tend to get from really fresh hops. Solid, very good imperial. There is a dollop of honey and caramel on the finish. This seems a little odd to me as most IIPAs that I've had show their malt notes in the middle. There are nectar and floral notes as well. I don't detect any heat at all. The beer has incredible balance and integration. It has a good amount of juiciness which has become standard for IIPAs these days.

Mouthfeel- Light to medium bodied with a little bit of syrup. Good amount of carbonation.

Drinkability- Very well rounded for an IIPA. Very easy drinking. And the price point of 7 bucks a bomber is pretty much unbeatable for a quality beer of this style. No heat at all.

Overall- Very good beer, solid IIPA. Very fresh and definitely worth a try. (1,377 characters)

4.91/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is the best beer I have had since I started to get into craft beers. I have always loved skunky beers and this beer has tremendous hoppy flavor, but it also has a piney slightly skunky flavor. I've had Pliny the Elder and I think this beer has an edge on it. (263 characters)

4.71/5  rDev +6.8%

9/13/13 version. Pours a translucent, golden orange color with a finger length head that dissipates somewhat quickly and leaves a sticky lacing. Aroma is amazing. Tons of of overly ripe pineapple, some grapefruit, orange, papaya, mango, peach, more tropical fruit notes, pine, tiny bit of breadiness and sweetness from the malts. Taste starts with some bitterness, but more tropical and citrus fruits like pineapple, papaya, grapefruit, mangos, some floral qualities as well. Was already smooth on the front end, but then gets even smoother and creamier in the middle from the malts that somewhat balance it. Then finishes dry with more tropical and citrus fruits, as well as some pine qualities. Very smooth and crisp finish that cleans the palate and makes you want to take another sip. Has a slight sweetness throughout, which complements the hop characters and gives the hop flavors almost a gummy bear-like taste. High medium, oily body. No alcohol detected at all. From what I read, this beer is made with mostly flavoring hops and not many bittering hops. I agree with this, as there are just massive amounts of juicy fruits in this. Better than Ruination in my opinion. Well done! (1,188 characters)

3.99/5  rDev -9.5%

My wife picked a few of these up for me at her work.

Appearance- clear golden color, very thin head

Smell- piney, grassy, citrus hops

Taste- piney, grassy, and slight citrus hops

Mouthfeel- medium bodied

Drinkability- This is definitely a very good beer. I really like it a lot. (283 characters)

4.48/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 12.13.13

Poured from a 22oz bottle on 11.19.13

A: Perfectly transparent, a beautiful golden color with a very thin white head. Parts of the head dissipated leaving a cool foamy pattern.

S: Big lemon and grapefruit right off the bat. This one smells pretty dank.

T: To anyone who's ever opened a bag of hops and stuck your nose in it - this is pretty much it. It doesn't smell like the things that hops smell like... it smells like hops. Amazing citrus, floral and grass flavors with a moderate bitterness and a great sweet malt backbone to support it. Its got a dankness to it. Usually beers that I would describe as dank are too much (I'm thinking about Hop Stoopid here), but the balance here is phenomenal.

M: Crisp with just a slight resinous quality. Medium carb.

O: I always get so excited for this to hit my state and for a good reason. It never lets down. This IPA is fresh as hell but freshness wouldn't mean a thing if it wasn't an unbelievable IPA to begin with. Pretty far up on my list! (1,014 characters)

4.56/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy By 7.4.13
Stone
20130608
22oz to Duvel tulip
9.4% ABV
DIPA
Bottled 5/31/13, best by 7/4/13, bought 6/7/13

A – Fantastic light golden color like real gold with some dark straw. Very clear and translucent. Almost seems to have a tiny green hue, but that’s probably my brain smelling fresh hops. Head was good and off-white, but subsided too quickly.

S – Wow, just fantastic. Pine and grass, with citrus. I can pick out orange, some lemon zest, and mango. There’s also some light neutral smell almost like coconut.

T – Very flavorful, matching the smell well. Not too bitter either, just great. The taste lingers through the swallow and doesn’t dissipate too much. The aftertaste is very tasteful, not just a bitter piney mess like some other D/IPAs. Mellow pine, grass, and citrus (mainly orange) upfront. These hop flavors rest on a strong yet subtle malt backbone that imparts just a tiny woody flavor.

M – Very smooth, actually undercarbonated. Light-medium body, not cozy. A little fuzzy which is good because it’d be too smooth and velvety otherwise. A very not dry finish.

D – A damn fine beer, but the undercarbonation is unfortunate. Supremely balanced and hits great hop notes in smell and taste. However, I can’t say it’s a league above Racer 5 [though the numbers suggest that]. It does have clarity in smell and flavor setting it apart though. And a beer I’m just trying that inspires me to review is very uncommon. It holds its flavor as it warms too so you know it was masterfully done.
4.5, 4.75, 4.5, 4, 4.75.

===The below is not used in my ratings, it is merely supplementary===
Enjoy By 10.25.13
Stone
20131004
Unopened 22oz to Duvel tulip, only poured ~12oz.
9.4% ABV
DIPA
Bottled 9/201/13, best by 10/25/13, bought 10/3/13
A – Extremely clear and translucent. A nice gold, tinged with yellow from my lighting I think. Thin but complete head, probably my glasses fault.
S – A nice hoppy aroma greets me, but a slightly buttery and burnt smell follows behind it. Very planty, as in grass, cut flower stems, a bit of pine. Peach and a musty citrus, probably from earthy hops. Slight butter detracts though. When I pick up the burnt smell, the dankness also picks up, as if someone put some half used skunk in the brew. Overall, it’s pretty muddled but still something I like about it.
T – A pretty planty, not very fruity taste. Some bitterness but actually a bit sweet. Maybe the OG was too high. Finishes sweet with a lingering of planty fruit. Not what I’m looking for in a Stone DIPA.
M – Undercarbonated. Feels almost heavy-bodied and it’s kind of silky. Finish is pretty wet. It feels properly carbonated just on the tip of the tongue for a second. At least it’s not harsh feeling.
O – Not nearly as good as 07.04.13. It’s not 1-dimenisonal in taste, but it’s not very well-made either. Mouthfeel is pretty disappointing. I was really looking forward to this beer, and want to like it, but it’s pretty meh. The appearance was pretty cool though.
4.75, 3.5, 3.25, 3, 3.25; 3.33. (3,059 characters)

4.55/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22 oz. bottle, Enjoy By 09.13.13. Poured into a tulip glass.

Appearance: Pours an orange/copper color. About one finger of a light khaki head that hangs around fairly well and sticks to the glass as it recedes. Carbonation bubbles steadily and slowly rise to the top. Hazy, opaque appearance. Very good looking IIPA.

Smell: Massive, fresh hop aromas just bursting out of the glass. Lots of citrus characteristics (grapefruit and orange rind, lemon/lime), very dank hop aromas, some subtle pine notes, a little bit of an earthy onion/garlic quality. A bit of sweet breadiness as well. Picking up some sweeter and tropical fruits also (pineapple, peach, strawberry). Just an excellent, fresh smelling beer.

Taste: Strong bitterness at the front of the tongue which takes on a strong citrus, grapefruit flavor. This morphs into some of the sweeter fruit (pineapple, peach, apricot, a bit of strawberry) tastes and malty breadiness. Finishes with some more bitterness as the flavors become more earthy, more of the pine, onion/garlic tastes come out on the back of the tongue.

Mouthfeel: Great feel to this one. Medium, resinous body to this one, almost an oily consistency rolls smoothly through the mouth and over the tongue. Leaves a tingly sensation over the tongue as it finishes dry, making you want to wring the hop flavors out of your tongue.

Overall: The Enjoy By concept is a very appealing idea as super fresh IPAs aren't always easy to find, but this does make them available for a known, limited time (depending on the markets to which its distributed). However when it does make its way around, it's quite easy to find and priced about reasonably at around $6.99 per bottle (in this area at least). This beer is really quite a treat and highly recommended to try. (1,778 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 09.13.13... bottled on 8/9/13. I've had a few vintages from this series in the past. 22oz bottle poured into a tulip. Pours a beautiful transparent golden with a slight haze, fluffy eggshell white head that sticks around and leaves great rentention and lacing. The aromas are great and full of sticky mango, pineapple, peach, grapefruit, lime zest. It's extremely tropical. There's some pine needles in the mix as well. The flavors are wonderful, but not aggressively bitter. There's a subtle amount of malts that give this one a decent sweetness. There's a little bit of pine in the finish. Mouthfeel is nice. It's on the lighter side of full-bodied; moderate carbonation. Alcohol goes completely unnoticed and this is extremely easy to drink.

Ultimately, the flavors and aromas remind me alot of the stellar IPA/DIPAs out there. There's not much to complain about. This is a very enjoyable DIPA. (907 characters)

4.36/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Originally reviewed on 6/15/13. Despite the modest review, I kept coming back to this beer. Now that it's back in my neck of the woods, I'm ready to try it again.

A: Light brassy orange. Transparent. One finger khaki head. Retention is decent for the high abv's. Lacing is stellar.

S: Boom. Drinking a three day old IPA does something for the nose, that's for sure. Huge burst of tropical sweetness coming from the nose. Pineapple, mango. Bit of that weird onion/garlic scent. (New to me, but since it was pointed out I've been noticing it more). Level of dankness. Grapefruit pith. Sweet breadiness off the malt. Touch prickly in the sinus cavity. Fairly complex, but insanely powerful aromatics.

T: Bready sweetness up front. Transitions into the same tropical fruitiness mid palate. Combine this with a large rush of Ruby Red grapefruit and orange. Back is prickly pepper notes, with shots of pear skin and apple. Aftertaste is fairly resinous bitterness, with notes of spearmint and spruce needle. Alcohol warmth comes through in the finish, kicking up the spicy/peppery notes for one last hoorah in the aftertaste.

M: A tad slick from the alcohol. Medium bodied, with a subdued carbonation that allows the incredibly powerful flavors to really coat the tongue.

O: It's greater than the sum of its parts, really. Glad I picked it up again and I will continue to pick it up when it's available. Superb beer. (1,420 characters)

4.69/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

9/13/13

Bought at Stone Brewing in a 2 liter growler. Pours a clear golden color with white head that leaves a good amount of lacing. Aroma is tropical fruit, citrus, and a bit of pine. Taste follows the nose for the most part with an intense bite at the end. The bitterness is covered up well by the flavor. Mouthfeel is near perfect. Just the right amount of carbonation and light and crisp. This is definitely one of my favorite brews, and one of the best Stone makes.

4/20/14

A lot more citrusy and bitter than I remember. A tiny bit of caramelized onions in the nose as well and even less in taste. The alcohol is covered up unbelievably well and there's almost no sweetness from the malts which is pretty rare in a DIPA.

10/31/14

I don't know if my palate has evolved, but I'm getting a way cleaner bitterness with a lot more mango than before. Not as citrusy as I remember. Very dank. Piney. Very juicy. (915 characters)

4.95/5  rDev +12.2%

Based on the 08.02.13 batch. Poured a gorgeous clear amber, with a half finger white head. It looks fantastic poured into a tulip. Scents of pine, citrus, especially grapefruit, pineapple, slight tropical fruit and a bit of malt. The scent is fantastic and entices you to drink. Each sniff made me want to take the first sip more and more. Flavor begins with a burst of bitter citrus and grapefruit pith moving into a blend of grapefruit and bitter pine and finishing with a nice resiny pine flavor and aftertaste. A hint of malt sweetness in the middle blends wonderfully with the hop flavors and a noticeable alcohol presence hits at the end. An amazing double IPA flavor profile, comparing favorably with the best of the others of it's style I've tasted. Mouthfeel is medium bodied with moderate carbonation. It's standard, but not bad. A sublime double IPA. Full of hop flavor, with an extreme bitterness and citrus flavors. It slams your palette with it's assertive flavor and doesn't relent. Well worth getting, a fantastic beer and a great showing from Stone. (1,066 characters)

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.