Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
4.48/5  rDev +1.1%

A- Pale amber body with a slight haze to the body. Has enough transparency to see some carbonation bubbles rise from the bottom of the glass. A thick, slightly off-white head lingers around and leaves a ton of lacing.

S- The usual citrus and pine come through in a huge way, along with a lot of tropical fruit notes including grapefruit and mango.

T- All of the big flavors come through. Very citrusy with tons of the tropical flavors coming through. Just enough malt sweetness as well.

M- Incredibly drinkable for just a big, bold IIPA. The feel is what makes this one stand out. Big hoppy beers are rarely smooth and sometimes harsh on the palate. This one is very smooth for the style. Perfect carbonation as well.

O- A tremendous IIPA and different enough to be memorable in a crowded category.

4.46/5  rDev +0.7%

Pour is a yellow orange but look a bit light. An ok amount of head and lace, maybe a bit avg. The smell is phenomenal. Great hoppy smell that is not quite like any other double IPA. Maybe based on the the smell my expectations were extremely high. The taste was a very slight let down from the smell. Hoppy yet, not nearly what you would expect from the smell. The feel was a bit thin too. I felt like for this double IPA, the hoppy presence peeks very quick then fades into more of a watery mouthful. Overall, I do like this beer but was expecting more from it. It did fall short of being a world class beer but I still enjoyed it. I do have another bottle that I will try as the first beer of the evening to see if I've been thrown off by the other beers.

4.29/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Very happy to finally try this one... Enjoy By 5.17.13

Great looking beer. Clean gold body accented with steady beading and a frothy finger of bone white head which laces perfectly.

Lush citric hops and loads of tropical sweetness... just a touch of prickly conifer... classic West Coast IPA aromas.

Big, bright hop flavors that show little to no abrasion. Bittersweet orange zest, pine and mellow mango. Dynamic, balanced, and surprisingly drinkable.

I seriously hope this one returns to MN in the future.

4.36/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

The look: clear, crisp, golden-hued, active carbonation, enormous head, pillowy white, lace-leaving and lovely. Very nice looking brew.

The aroma: oily hop resins, prickly pine, lemon zest, orange peel, plenty of bitterness, but not too much so.

The taste of it: Intense bitterness grips the palate, buzzes the tongue, leaves little bombs of sweetness at variable intervals. With each new sip and swallow, a repeat of the pass, gripping bitterness, attacking the tongue, swabbed by sweet, ending dryly, reading for the next round. Medium bodied, long hoppiness…and the high alcohol doesn't get you until you're, wait, where are we now? About 3/4 into the bottle. Yep, it's creeping up…

This lands somewhere between the regular Stone IPA, which I love, and Ruination. Not quite as ruining. I would appreciate it more dialed down a notch or two, though. Maybe 7.5% would make it more enjoyable by.

Here's some gobbledygook from the label: "You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. Freshness is a key component in many beers, especially big, hoppy IPAs--but we've taken it further, a lot further, with this one. We brewed this IPA specifically not to last. We've gone to extensive lengths to to ensure you get your hands on this beer within an extraordinarily short window, and we've sent a very clear message in the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than NOW to enjoy this IPA."

Terrific stuff. Here I come, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.

4.35/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a general review. I don't want to get into the exact details. This beer is not jaw dropping. It is not a Pliny, Hopslam, or even a Nugget Nectur. But, this beer sends a message to IPA beer lovers. That message is freshness. While it is not anywhere near the best IPA I have ever tasted, it is one of the freshest and I think that this concept is missing. As a IPA drinker I have been feeling that sometimes I'm cheated. Nugget Nectur ( I consider this an IPA even though it is an IAPA) is one of my favorites, but I always feel like I have to buy it when it first comes out. If I don't, I run the risk of buying an old batch in which the hops are gone and it taste not the way it is intended. Ever wondered about the "create your own 6 pack" special at some beer stores. Yea.. don't do it with IPAs because the single beers they sell in that form is always three months old. So... while it is not the best IPA, it is an IPA that I would rather drink than a 3 months old Hopslam. You have to respect a company that takes the quality of their beer seriously and that is why I will probably continue to wait and stalk a beer store for when they receive an "enjoy by."

4.22/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 5.17.13

Bomber served into a pint glass.

A: light orange, transparent with a thin off-white head. Rising bubbles and beautiful thick wall of lacing down the glass.

S: Pine, grapefruit, grassy. Very beautiful beer smell-wise. I loved it.

T: Sweet and zesty grapefruit. Piny and resiny on the finish. Pretty bitter and a bit malty. Just completely balanced and incredibly smooth. Such a fantastic blend this go around.

M: Very smooth, dry and medium-bodied on the carbonation.

Overall: This was my first sample of the Enjoy By series and it blew my mind. This was just an incredibly beer by Stone, something I've come to expect from one of the best damn breweries in the country.

4.43/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 05.17.13. Served in a Dogfish Head signature glass

Appearance: Pours a golden, light orange, honey color with a finger of an off white head. Body is somewhat hazy, with some light carbonation streaming throughout the glass.

Smell: Big bitter citrus aromas, pine, resin, mango, grass, with a slight malt sweetness underneath it all.

Taste: Grapefruit, pine, orange zest, tropical fruit, sweet malt. Bitterness is high, but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very well balanced DIPA.

Mouthfeel: Lighter side of full bodied. Medium carbonation. Finishes dry but with just enough malt sweetness to balance things out.

Overall: While I enjoy IPAs, they're generally not one of my favorite styles. This beer could make me reconsider that stance. I had previously had the 12.21.12 and it seems as though the tropical fruit notes in this batch are not as prevalent. So while that does detract a little from its overall score, this is one of the best IPAs I've had and is definitely worth seeking out.

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.