Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,947 | Reviews: 1,305

4.54/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Serving type: 22 0z bottle.

First off I want to say that I haven't been a big fan of IPA's and have just recently started tasting them due to my experience and taste maturing. I had a few from the LIberty Tap Rooms in Columbia and Myrtle Beach, SC as well as from the Sunoco gas station in Georgetown, Sc (who has a few micro brews (Rogue, RJ Rockers, and those frog themed guys out of Georgia as well as Chimay in stock all the time) and my go to store Pawley's Island Wine & Spirits. I give big kudo's to PIW&S for turning me on to this one.

Appearance: a clear slightly orange straw color with a big white rocky head that fairly quickly dissipated leaving beautiful lacing down my Duvel glass.

Smell: Strong Pine and Moderate Grapefruit

Taste: Similar to the smell, slightly hoppy with strong pine, more grapefruit and a little grassy fruity taste. Damn it was smooth. My favorite to date. Drink it not to long after it poors as for me it mellowed too much with time.

Mouthfeel: Extremely smooth for an IPA. Slightly oily, not to bitter as most IPA's are for me and it finished rather quickly but left a very slight bitterness but mostly pine/grapefruit aftertaste. It made me want to take another taste fairly quickly.

Overall: The ABV in this hidden well and it will bite you in the ass if you aren't careful. To date this is the best IPA I have ever had the pleasure of drinking, providing you don't let it warm too much. I will go back to Stone for this line again if they continue it.

4.53/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

22oz. bomber poured into a Flying Dog goblet

A: Very few bubbles coming up from the bottom with minimal head and lacing. It is a very clear amber bronze.

S: The smell on this is a true citrus bomb, with main notes of grapefruit and pineapple. It smells like the aerosolized spray that you get when you open up any citrus fruit with your bare hands. There is a slight backend note of pine to smooth things out.

T: Everything about this is even and balanced. You get steady waves of citrus and pine that balance and enhance each other like sine waves in sync. The aftertaste is about the same as how it tastes regularly, with the pine notes just slightly edging the rest out but I think that is because of the tendency for the stickiness of the resin oils to stick about (only my quick beer science hypothesis). Oddly, though I seem to like it a bit cooler as it seems to mellow out as it warms, but still is a top-notch IPA even then.

M: One of the smoothest IPAs I have tasted. It had less carbonation than the Dayman, and it flows nicely with almost no obstruction from carbonation, but you can feel it faintly tickling your tongue and that is about it.

O: I've had this before on tap (the 4/1/13). It is an excellent DIPA, but I think I prefer it on tap. I actually shared a little less of half of this one for a friend's birthday. This beer really is just as I remember it, but that first time on tap seems to be a bit better. However, that could have been anything: a few days fresher, the physics of being on tap, the company/atmosphere, and even the nostalgia of it being my first time having it. I will say that this is one killer IPA that deserves its status, and is only like this because of the mandated freshness. It reminds me a lot of Burley Oak's Aboriginal Gangster, which is just a super local IPA that is always really fresh.

4.48/5  rDev +1.1%

A- Pale amber body with a slight haze to the body. Has enough transparency to see some carbonation bubbles rise from the bottom of the glass. A thick, slightly off-white head lingers around and leaves a ton of lacing.

S- The usual citrus and pine come through in a huge way, along with a lot of tropical fruit notes including grapefruit and mango.

T- All of the big flavors come through. Very citrusy with tons of the tropical flavors coming through. Just enough malt sweetness as well.

M- Incredibly drinkable for just a big, bold IIPA. The feel is what makes this one stand out. Big hoppy beers are rarely smooth and sometimes harsh on the palate. This one is very smooth for the style. Perfect carbonation as well.

O- A tremendous IIPA and different enough to be memorable in a crowded category.

4.46/5  rDev +0.7%

Pour is a yellow orange but look a bit light. An ok amount of head and lace, maybe a bit avg. The smell is phenomenal. Great hoppy smell that is not quite like any other double IPA. Maybe based on the the smell my expectations were extremely high. The taste was a very slight let down from the smell. Hoppy yet, not nearly what you would expect from the smell. The feel was a bit thin too. I felt like for this double IPA, the hoppy presence peeks very quick then fades into more of a watery mouthful. Overall, I do like this beer but was expecting more from it. It did fall short of being a world class beer but I still enjoyed it. I do have another bottle that I will try as the first beer of the evening to see if I've been thrown off by the other beers.

4.75/5  rDev +7.2%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.