Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,305 | Hads: 9,803
4.2/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Enjoy by 05/17/13
Poured from a bomber into a tulip glass.

A: Clear, brassy golden color with one finger of white foam head. Heavy lacing remains on the glass.

S: This beer's smell presents sticky over-ripe tropical fruit and dank green plant stems; qualities of current hops cultivars are obviously well represented. No alcohol is detected.

T: Begins off-dry, with intense hops aromatics that include passion fruit, guava, and herbaceous spice. Pale malt is refined and relegated deep into the support function. Flavors dry out during the middle while hops-derived flavors decline slowly. Bitterness is fairly restrained for the style, with a late whiff of carbonic acid lingering. No alcohol is detected.

M: Medium viscosity, sticky on the palate, with low carbonation.

D/O: This is a solid DIPA with a modern hops profile. At almost 10% abv, this one is a sleeper that threatens to punish the overindulgent later. It masterfully keeps the hops qualities laser-focused on just the most appealing, never veering into the "kitchen-sink" territory indicative of many over-the-top members of the style. Beers like this are going to eventually demand that all brewers of fine experimental pale ales update their recipes. A Centennial-heavy IPA just can't measure up to the apparently Simcoe/Galaxy/Citra foundation that is faithfully transmitted here. This is indistinguishable from Lagunitas Sucks, which actually puts this beer in a position to apologize for being stronger by almost 2%.

4.56/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: Came from the bar in a 13 ounce tulip glass. Had a dark orange color (the bar is dark with no windows) and a half inch of white, tight foam that leaves attractive lacing on the sides of the glass.

S: Blow your head off hops! A peppery mix - Citrus (grapefruit, lemon, orange peel?), resinous pine, faint malt and finally some alcohol.

T: Hops explode on the tongue, citrus leads but the pepper/pine mix follows. It really does taste like it smells. The finish is long, lots of bitterness on the back of the tongue, but with enough malt to balance the explosion of bitterness.

M: Starts light and refreshing but finishes heavy and oily from the abundant malt and hops.

O: Horribly enjoyable. So refreshing that you might mistake it for a session beer, but drink at your peril. I really liked this beer!

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

05.17.13 Enjoy By

A - Pours a bright golden hay in color with borderline amber hues. Has a frothy bright white one finger head with big bubbles. Not much retention but good lacing.

S - Grapefruit juices, lingering pineapple with a touch of pine hops.

T - The citrus notes in the smell along with the bready malts balance wonderfully. There is pine notes on the end. Just hoppy through and through, from beginning to end.

M - Very drinkable... It's crazy how it's not overly malted or sticky at all. Just a medium bodied beer with great carbonation that is scarey easy to drink!

O - Impressed... Props to Stone. I can't figure out if I like this or the Ruination 10th Anni better.

4.03/5  rDev -8.4%

Poured a clearish golden body body with orange tint with a two-finger head and lace thanks to extreme carbonation. Classic Stone IPA aroma of hops, hops and hops. Wet, soapy, lots of sharp citric with touches of grape and floral notes with minimal malt smells. Malts are more noticeable in the taste of this beer as it has a slight sweet edge, and in fact I notice that it seems to sweeten up a little more as it warms. Enjoyable beer (no pun intended), very crisp, dry finish, good balance, overall a hop lovers delight as it has a very strong hop presence with lots of citric and grapefruit flavors and even touches of sweeter fruits.

4.54/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Serving type: 22 0z bottle.

First off I want to say that I haven't been a big fan of IPA's and have just recently started tasting them due to my experience and taste maturing. I had a few from the LIberty Tap Rooms in Columbia and Myrtle Beach, SC as well as from the Sunoco gas station in Georgetown, Sc (who has a few micro brews (Rogue, RJ Rockers, and those frog themed guys out of Georgia as well as Chimay in stock all the time) and my go to store Pawley's Island Wine & Spirits. I give big kudo's to PIW&S for turning me on to this one.

Appearance: a clear slightly orange straw color with a big white rocky head that fairly quickly dissipated leaving beautiful lacing down my Duvel glass.

Smell: Strong Pine and Moderate Grapefruit

Taste: Similar to the smell, slightly hoppy with strong pine, more grapefruit and a little grassy fruity taste. Damn it was smooth. My favorite to date. Drink it not to long after it poors as for me it mellowed too much with time.

Mouthfeel: Extremely smooth for an IPA. Slightly oily, not to bitter as most IPA's are for me and it finished rather quickly but left a very slight bitterness but mostly pine/grapefruit aftertaste. It made me want to take another taste fairly quickly.

Overall: The ABV in this hidden well and it will bite you in the ass if you aren't careful. To date this is the best IPA I have ever had the pleasure of drinking, providing you don't let it warm too much. I will go back to Stone for this line again if they continue it.

4.53/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

22oz. bomber poured into a Flying Dog goblet

A: Very few bubbles coming up from the bottom with minimal head and lacing. It is a very clear amber bronze.

S: The smell on this is a true citrus bomb, with main notes of grapefruit and pineapple. It smells like the aerosolized spray that you get when you open up any citrus fruit with your bare hands. There is a slight backend note of pine to smooth things out.

T: Everything about this is even and balanced. You get steady waves of citrus and pine that balance and enhance each other like sine waves in sync. The aftertaste is about the same as how it tastes regularly, with the pine notes just slightly edging the rest out but I think that is because of the tendency for the stickiness of the resin oils to stick about (only my quick beer science hypothesis). Oddly, though I seem to like it a bit cooler as it seems to mellow out as it warms, but still is a top-notch IPA even then.

M: One of the smoothest IPAs I have tasted. It had less carbonation than the Dayman, and it flows nicely with almost no obstruction from carbonation, but you can feel it faintly tickling your tongue and that is about it.

O: I've had this before on tap (the 4/1/13). It is an excellent DIPA, but I think I prefer it on tap. I actually shared a little less of half of this one for a friend's birthday. This beer really is just as I remember it, but that first time on tap seems to be a bit better. However, that could have been anything: a few days fresher, the physics of being on tap, the company/atmosphere, and even the nostalgia of it being my first time having it. I will say that this is one killer IPA that deserves its status, and is only like this because of the mandated freshness. It reminds me a lot of Burley Oak's Aboriginal Gangster, which is just a super local IPA that is always really fresh.

4.48/5  rDev +1.8%

A- Pale amber body with a slight haze to the body. Has enough transparency to see some carbonation bubbles rise from the bottom of the glass. A thick, slightly off-white head lingers around and leaves a ton of lacing.

S- The usual citrus and pine come through in a huge way, along with a lot of tropical fruit notes including grapefruit and mango.

T- All of the big flavors come through. Very citrusy with tons of the tropical flavors coming through. Just enough malt sweetness as well.

M- Incredibly drinkable for just a big, bold IIPA. The feel is what makes this one stand out. Big hoppy beers are rarely smooth and sometimes harsh on the palate. This one is very smooth for the style. Perfect carbonation as well.

O- A tremendous IIPA and different enough to be memorable in a crowded category.

4.46/5  rDev +1.4%

Pour is a yellow orange but look a bit light. An ok amount of head and lace, maybe a bit avg. The smell is phenomenal. Great hoppy smell that is not quite like any other double IPA. Maybe based on the the smell my expectations were extremely high. The taste was a very slight let down from the smell. Hoppy yet, not nearly what you would expect from the smell. The feel was a bit thin too. I felt like for this double IPA, the hoppy presence peeks very quick then fades into more of a watery mouthful. Overall, I do like this beer but was expecting more from it. It did fall short of being a world class beer but I still enjoyed it. I do have another bottle that I will try as the first beer of the evening to see if I've been thrown off by the other beers.

4.29/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Very happy to finally try this one... Enjoy By 5.17.13

Great looking beer. Clean gold body accented with steady beading and a frothy finger of bone white head which laces perfectly.

Lush citric hops and loads of tropical sweetness... just a touch of prickly conifer... classic West Coast IPA aromas.

Big, bright hop flavors that show little to no abrasion. Bittersweet orange zest, pine and mellow mango. Dynamic, balanced, and surprisingly drinkable.

I seriously hope this one returns to MN in the future.

4.36/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

The look: clear, crisp, golden-hued, active carbonation, enormous head, pillowy white, lace-leaving and lovely. Very nice looking brew.

The aroma: oily hop resins, prickly pine, lemon zest, orange peel, plenty of bitterness, but not too much so.

The taste of it: Intense bitterness grips the palate, buzzes the tongue, leaves little bombs of sweetness at variable intervals. With each new sip and swallow, a repeat of the pass, gripping bitterness, attacking the tongue, swabbed by sweet, ending dryly, reading for the next round. Medium bodied, long hoppiness…and the high alcohol doesn't get you until you're, wait, where are we now? About 3/4 into the bottle. Yep, it's creeping up…

This lands somewhere between the regular Stone IPA, which I love, and Ruination. Not quite as ruining. I would appreciate it more dialed down a notch or two, though. Maybe 7.5% would make it more enjoyable by.

Here's some gobbledygook from the label: "You have in your hands a devastatingly fresh double IPA. Freshness is a key component in many beers, especially big, hoppy IPAs--but we've taken it further, a lot further, with this one. We brewed this IPA specifically not to last. We've gone to extensive lengths to to ensure you get your hands on this beer within an extraordinarily short window, and we've sent a very clear message in the name of the beer itself that there is no better time than NOW to enjoy this IPA."

Terrific stuff. Here I come, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.

4.35/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a general review. I don't want to get into the exact details. This beer is not jaw dropping. It is not a Pliny, Hopslam, or even a Nugget Nectur. But, this beer sends a message to IPA beer lovers. That message is freshness. While it is not anywhere near the best IPA I have ever tasted, it is one of the freshest and I think that this concept is missing. As a IPA drinker I have been feeling that sometimes I'm cheated. Nugget Nectur ( I consider this an IPA even though it is an IAPA) is one of my favorites, but I always feel like I have to buy it when it first comes out. If I don't, I run the risk of buying an old batch in which the hops are gone and it taste not the way it is intended. Ever wondered about the "create your own 6 pack" special at some beer stores. Yea.. don't do it with IPAs because the single beers they sell in that form is always three months old. So... while it is not the best IPA, it is an IPA that I would rather drink than a 3 months old Hopslam. You have to respect a company that takes the quality of their beer seriously and that is why I will probably continue to wait and stalk a beer store for when they receive an "enjoy by."

4.22/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 5.17.13

Bomber served into a pint glass.

A: light orange, transparent with a thin off-white head. Rising bubbles and beautiful thick wall of lacing down the glass.

S: Pine, grapefruit, grassy. Very beautiful beer smell-wise. I loved it.

T: Sweet and zesty grapefruit. Piny and resiny on the finish. Pretty bitter and a bit malty. Just completely balanced and incredibly smooth. Such a fantastic blend this go around.

M: Very smooth, dry and medium-bodied on the carbonation.

Overall: This was my first sample of the Enjoy By series and it blew my mind. This was just an incredibly beer by Stone, something I've come to expect from one of the best damn breweries in the country.

4.43/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy by 05.17.13. Served in a Dogfish Head signature glass

Appearance: Pours a golden, light orange, honey color with a finger of an off white head. Body is somewhat hazy, with some light carbonation streaming throughout the glass.

Smell: Big bitter citrus aromas, pine, resin, mango, grass, with a slight malt sweetness underneath it all.

Taste: Grapefruit, pine, orange zest, tropical fruit, sweet malt. Bitterness is high, but not overwhelmingly so. This is a very well balanced DIPA.

Mouthfeel: Lighter side of full bodied. Medium carbonation. Finishes dry but with just enough malt sweetness to balance things out.

Overall: While I enjoy IPAs, they're generally not one of my favorite styles. This beer could make me reconsider that stance. I had previously had the 12.21.12 and it seems as though the tropical fruit notes in this batch are not as prevalent. So while that does detract a little from its overall score, this is one of the best IPAs I've had and is definitely worth seeking out.

4.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Presentation: Enjoy by 5.17.2013 chilled and poured into a Hill Farmstead tulip.

Appearance: Medium yellow to light orange in color. Pours a light lacing that sticks well to the glass.

Aroma: Bitter grapefruit, orange zest and some pine tones.Plenty of bright hoppiness here. You can definitely pick up on the freshness.

Taste: Bright grapefruit, lots of citrus fruit, a touch of mango and some earthy, pine notes. Big dry and bitter finish. The sweetness from the malt and the ABV is really quite low.

Mouthfeel: Lighter than expected carbonation with a light to medium mouthfeel for the style. Really refreshing and easy to drink.

Overall, a really tasty imperial IPA with a big, bitter hop bite. I like how it maintains the drier character of a lower ABV beer. Tons of flavor, but the sweetness and complexity of the hops are a bit overwhelmed by bitterness. I really appreciate the idea behind this beer and the beer itself is also very good.

4.97/5  rDev +13%

The latest version 13 days out from brewery! Awesome job on the logistics! Fresh DIPA from the west coast = AMAZING! Wonderful honey hued DIPA that makes my head spin. Huge snow white rocky head that lingers, leaVING AMPLE LACING DOWN GLASS.

An amazing aroma that sends one off in to a fog of self discovery!!!! Oh my the hops are intoxicating! Citrus piney tropical fruit bliss!!!!

The flavors are nothing short of the aromas, These folk, and I am a Koch, know how to do it. Fruity citrus tropical pine resin bliss!!!

Full to medium full bodied elixer that has already started to BOOGIE WOOGIE on my brain.

OOHFAH!!! this is where it is at man!!!

4.57/5  rDev +3.9%

Seventh batch -- Enjoy by May 17th

Crystal clear gold with an orange tint. Nice, foamy white head. The smell is simply intoxicating. I'm not sure I can verbalize fully; hard to distill the qualia.

Dank, citrus rind permeates my palate in the freshest and meanest way. The flavor is eye-rolling good -- wonderful balance of rich malts and a sexy melange of hop notes. Grapefruit, tropical fruits, and resins resonate throughout and are fully supported by an appropriate body and mouthfeel. Piquant grassy notes poke through here and there as well. Smooth and devilish for the ABV. Rich grains and toasty caramel notes play in the secondary. Prickly, peppery resin notes linger toward the finish, which is nice and dry. Medium to full-bodied and a sheer joy to drink.

Absolutely delicious. And I love the concept of promoting fresh beer; most beers do not need to sit in your 55 degree closet. So happy to find this release here in VA. Thanks to Bon Vivant in Smithfield for stocking this.

4.41/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very good ipa. Pours a yellow-gold, with a nice white head. Aroma is big, big hops. Pine and citrus rind fill the nostrils. There is a deep, somewhat dark note to these hops. Taste is a little sweet and simple at first, I'm getting maybe just base and a caramel malt, but then the hops open up delivering puckering lemon rind and a hint of grapefruit. Deep pine notes overwhelm. The finish is nice bittersweet at first and then just bitter. Mouthfeel is okay, maybe a little thin. Overall great hop aroma and good hop taste, but not one of my elite dipas.
Edit: Had this on tap in Asheville and it was fantastic. Might have been a different bottling, might have been me.

3.95/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

5/17/13 bottled 4/12/13

Pours a beautiful sunset orange into my DFH glass. Chewy, foamy, white head billows atop this crystal clear copper brew. Not as much carbonation as I expected. The head fades rather quickly but leaves gobs of sticky lacing all over the glass.
Overripe pineapple, lots of yellow grapefruit, orange peel, touches of mango, dried compost and pine needles. Little bits of skunky weed, but mostly and mix of tropical fruit with a citrus punch. I had the last batch on tap and I remember the smell being much more intense.
Lotsa pine, grapefruit rind/pith, mango and pineapple. Really nice blend of citrus bitter and tropical sweetness. Not outstanding by any means, but very nice.
Really nice, but nowhere near a perfect blend of citrus/pine/caramel/tropical. Bitter enough, but still lets the fruit shine thru.
I'm not overly impressed with this IIPA. At $16/4-pack it's not at all worth it IMHO. I'll take Resin or Big A over this anyday of the week! Not bad, but not at all worth it either. Get on the hype train.

4.24/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

The beer pours a beautiful golden orange with almost amber highlights. It pours with a half of a finger’s with head of pristine white, small bubbles that all sit as uniform in size, and stay the same height on the glass, but fad to a scrim in the middle of the beer. The head leaves a lacing of thick, creamy bubbles on the glass, forming fat waves on the sides. In body the beer is clean with a slight chill haze and lots of little bubbles gently working their way to the top of the beer. On the nose, the beer is pungent from the minute the bottle is cracked. This smell is everything I expect from Stone, with big sticky resin on the nose blending beautiful into tropical and stone fruit notes of mango, papaya, slight grapefruit, and a kiss of boozy malt. On the tongue, the beer tastes smoothly bitter with a nice kiss of sweet hops, a touch of sweet alcohol, and some slight acidity coming off the hops as well. The flavors begin as sweet mango and papaya, which are quickly blasted away by dank, resinous pine notes that smother the bitters gently across the palate and give the tongue a nice shiver. Pinecone flavors meld and overpower a slight sweet caramel touch, while stone fruit flavors and a touch of pineapple gel in the background of the flavor. The finish is long, smooth, and bitter with medicinal and pine flavoring that works into the aftertaste of bitter resin, though the finish does showcase a hiccup of sweet and almost cloying caramel malt. In the mouth, the beer feels surprisingly fat and syrupy, coming in on the heavier side in body with a smooth and sticky carbonation that oozes the beer over the tastes buds. The mouth is left wet on the sides with a light dryness traveling up the middle of the tongue. Overall, this is good DIPA, and I didn’t expect anything else from Stone. It could use a touch more dryness to it, as the alcohol and sweet hops do provide hiccups of cloying sugar on the tongue and stomach, but overall, this is a beautiful expression of hops. The hop character is deeply complex and nuanced, revealing new flavors to the palate with every sip. It does sit a little thick in the stomach, though, and is definitely more of a sipper, but all in all this is a damn good DIPA with a great message about the life of hoppy flavors.

4.39/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice looking gold/straw color with a .5in white head. Looks pretty inviting and very nice for the style.

Smell is a blast of citrus and juicy hops. The immense dry hopping here is very evident. Complex? No, not really, but for this style this is about as good as it gets (for me anyway).

Taste is slightly bitter up front, then delves into a juicy citrus (grapefruit/orange) middle and then a nice dry finish. The slightest bit of harshness starts coming through over time, but never in a bothersome way. No real sense of alcohol in the taste.

Mouthfeel is a bit slick while maintaining a sense of crispness. Good for what it is.

Overall this is a really great IPA and a great concept. Tons and tons of hop juicyness without any intense bitterness. I hope they continue producing this and keep it relatively easy to get.

4.39/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Seventh batch Enjoy By 5.17.13

Appearance: A nice growing light orange with a little gold thrown in. A one and half finger white head that dissipated fairly quick.

Aroma: Mango, pine, and some citrus. Very slight floral.

Taste: Mango, tangerine, pine, grapefruit, slight orange, and a little mint at the end. Plenty of sweetness. A little caramel is detected. Very light breadiness. Bitterness is actually soft and barely lingers. A nice balance between the two. Surprisingly clean.

Mouthfeel: Good full feel. Goes down very smooth. Feels a little sticky.

Overall: A good Imperial IPA. I look forward to when it come out again. Since I missed out last time and now finally got a bottle.

4.15/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 05.17.13 batch. Poured this puppy into a Good Nature snifter.

A: pretty standard, yet still beautiful, DIPA color. Light amber with a hazy, sunburst orange look to it... like jimmy page's les paul.

S: sweet hoppy goodness. Pretty mild, yet sweet smelling IPA. I get a piney, resiny smell with this one. Maybe a minuscule sense of citrus in there.

T: wow this DIPA does not mess around. Right out of the gate a strong taste of citrus and pine, with the hops reasonably present throughout. As a fan of east coast DIPAs, there is always more room for hops in my book, but this will do just fine. Nothing too boozy upfront, just an insanely clean beer for a 9.4.

M: beer really shines here. Pretty full, but nothing overwhelmingly carbonated. Goes down smooth ad definitely lingers on the tounge for awhile. Stickiness isn't too profound, but it's there.

O: absolutely happy with Stone with this one. A very drinkable and enjoyable DIPA, especially on a warm spring day. Nothing too unique compared to heady or Lawson's (i know, I know...) but would absolutely recommend to a fan of sticky, citrusy DIPAs.

4.89/5  rDev +11.1%

Bottled on 4/12/2013, enjoyed on 4/25/2013, poured into 12oz pint

A - hazy orange with a 1 inch slightly off white head. good retention, thick lacing

S - hop bomb! some pine, grapefruit, and a little citrus. slight malty backbone. perfection in a smell

T - taste follows the smell, amazing

M - thick, sticky, great carb

Overall - buy this, drink it, enjoy it. A MUST have for hop enthusiasts

4.76/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Enjoy By 5/17, bottled on 4/12.

Fairly conventional-looking IPA at first, with a pale amber color and high clarity. A big, fluffy head forms, and the head retention is excellent. Pretty epic lace formation, too. Super-fresh aroma, with an awesome fruit presence through notes of tangerine, mango, and passion fruit. To a lesser extent, there's some grapefruit, and to an even lesser extent some grass and pine.

As expected, the flavor is immensely hop forward. While dry overall, there's just about the perfect amount of malt sweetness to stand up to the bitterness. Just a very slight flash of alcohol heat on the finish. Big grapefruit and resin presence. Oily and also a bit sticky on the palate, with the carbonation having a soft touch.

A truly outstanding DIPA, head and shoulders above Ruination. Stone reasserts their cred when it comes to IPAs.

4.31/5  rDev -2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Enjoy By 05.17.13 -- Poured from a bomber into a sam adams perfect pint. Bottled on 4/12/13.

Pours a light gold, with hints of copper. Bone white head which goes away pretty quickly. A nice looking DIPA. Candied lemons, sour fruits, fresh grass, a little orange, and even some maltiness are all coming through on the nose. My nose was a little stuffed up while drinking this unfortunately so I wasn't getting as much aroma as I would have liked. Taste is very balanced for such a strong and fresh-hoppy DIPA. Really nice hop profile, lots of IBU's but it's balanced very nicely by a pretty solid malt backbone. The maltiness really compliments the hops and makes this beer more than just another extreme over the top hop bomb: the hop profile is pretty intense and great, but it's balanced nicely, which I like. The 9.4% alcohol is nowhere to be found in the aroma or the taste which is great but dangerous. I don't doubt I will be feeling that by the end of this bomber.

Overall an awesome beer. Super fresh and super delicious. My only "complaint" (not really a complaint just a comment) is that for a beer that advertises itself as super fresh and hoppy, it could be a bit more of a hop bomb. Compared to something like heady, the hop profile is not that insane. Still and amazing beer though.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.