Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,880 | Reviews: 1,284

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

4.12/5  rDev -7%

Drinking the 12-26-14 in early December.

Very solid DIPA. Poured golden with good head and heavy hop aromas.
Worth it if you see it for about $6 or $7 but isn't really any better than other really good fresh doubles - what makes it worth while is they put so much effort into getting it into all markets as fresh as possible - I am drinking it 11 days after bottling and I am in Chicago so that is impressive

4.56/5  rDev +2.9%

4.48/5  rDev +1.1%

3.96/5  rDev -10.6%

4.1/5  rDev -7.4%

4.68/5  rDev +5.6%

4.31/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Stone "Enjoy By 12.26.14 IPA"
22 oz. brown glass bottle
$7.99 @ Whole Foods Market, Plymouth Meeting, PA

I felt remiss in not getting to this beer sooner and as I've had it for over a week and I've only got 24 days left so I figured I'd have to try it even though I wasn't really in the mood for a double IPA. I wasn't looking for something heavy and bitter, but if Stone actually went to the trouble to make sure this beer got out so quickly then I owe it to them to drink it !!!

Fortunately for me it's not a heavy, bitter, and alcoholic double IPA. It's actually golden in color, and it's got a medium-full body with a moderate carbonation (kind of English in character). The malt is pleasantly straightforward and just lightly sweet and subtly biscuity and caramelish. Nor is it overtly bitter. Don't get me wrong, it's got bitterness to it, but it's not that harsh and raspy bitterness you sometimes get. What I was in the mood for, and probably what really swayed me towards opening it tonight, was hops - and it's got 'em, but again, I was surprised, I thought I'd find it drenched in resinous, piney, and citrusy hops but it's actually quite smooth and refined. All of those attributes are present but they're not "in your face", even in the aroma. It's also a bit minty, softly grassy, earthy, and gently leafy or tea-like, but the mildly citrus pith and gentle tropical fruit are what really define it in the flavor. It's really rounded and supple, leaving it remarkably drinkable for the style. The one thing that reminds you that it is a double IPA is the alcohol which peeks out here and there, especially as you progress through the serving. Still, this is one dangerously drinkable beast.

4.32/5  rDev -2.5%

3.92/5  rDev -11.5%

3.5/5  rDev -21%

Enjoy by 12.26.14 bomber.
Very good looking beer when poured into the glass but the aroma was a bit weak considering this is a Stone IPA. Decent hops taste but nothing overly special, but what really turned me off was the soapy like aftertaste this beer leaves behind. Looking back for an extra dollar I could have bought a six pack of some other IPA that's better or at least just as good. I personally am getting a bit tired of companies thinking that just cause they put their beer in bombers makes it priceless when they don't make the beer itself worthy.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.