Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,254 | Hads: 9,540

This beer is everything and more ! The best word I could use to describe this beer is Dank ! It has a earthy hemp like smell and a hoppy taste that complements that wonderful aroma. (181 characters)

Amazing! This review is for Enjoy By 4-20-15
Color was a very clear dark gold, with a finger of white head. Smell was beautiful, lots of grapefruit and some pine. Taste was a incredible. I was expecting something with more if a hop kick to it but this beer uses that to its advantage. Without the overpowering hops you get all the other amazing flavors going on.

I've truly never tasted a beer this fresh and flavorful. Incredible (432 characters)

I had the Enjoy By 4.20.15 about 2 weeks after it was bottled - WOW...what an amazing beer. Amazing west coast IPA smell: danky, piney and fruity. A very pungent aroma that leaps out of the glass. The taste lives up to the smell- a perfect balance of dank, tropical fruit and pine needles. There is a gumminess on the aftertaste that, along with the grapefruit, pushes the bitterness away. The only knock I had was that it's just a little boozy on the back end. I can't wait to try the next Enjoy By. (500 characters)

Lately I have been getting a little obsessive about my beer being fresh. So when I heard about a beer that was made for very limited window like this one I knew I had to try it... 22oz bought from total wine on 4-2-15

Pours a light brown golden body with a fluffy white one inch head that lasts. Thin lacing all the way down the glass. Cool painted bottle.(yeah I know the bottle doesn't factor in, but it's still kind of cool.)

Smell is outstanding !! Really vibrant grapefruit and pine. This is fresh.

Tastes like it smells.The citrus is out in front with this one. Heavy on tart grapefruit with just a little pine bitterness

Nice full feel

Overall this may have been one of the best citrus forward IPA's that I have ever had !
Freshness really does make a difference ! There is a vibrancy to this beer that the freshness brings. And the 9.4 ABV ? Oh Yeah ! These folks at Stone Brewing are a bunch of mad scientists that "get it " . If you are looking for the living embodiment of the phrase "respect beer, look at this one. (1,040 characters)

A - Pours to the color of apple juice, forms a nice finger of white creamy head, leaves nice soapy lacing on the walls of my glass.
S - Mangos, apricots, oranges, tangerines, pineapple, grapefruit and hops, hops and hops. T - Lightly sweet oranges, pineapple and grapefruit upfront with a bitter hop twist at the end to round it off. Strangely, a very welcoming but incredibly faint smokiness develops at the end. Extremely balanced, refreshing and sessionable IPA.
O - A damned good IPA you must try if you can get your hands on it.
V - Medium. (548 characters)

My all time favorite IPA or DIPA (so far). Huge mouthwatering aroma of citrus and tropical fruits with some pine. The taste will blow you away. I got strong guava flavors which is unique along other tropical flavors like pineapple and mango with fantastic bitter grapefruit citrus flavors to compliment. Nicely balanced with the malt but definitely hop heavy (which is my preference) I just don't want to stop drinking this beer. Better than Pliney in my opinion in smell taste and mouthfeel. If you see this beer, get it, and drink it fresh! (542 characters)

Enjoy By 10.31.14 Poured into a cognac snifter. It pours a rich darker orange color that is fairly clear. There is very little head on an agressive pour and it dissipated by the time I got my computer booted.

Immediately there is a large amount of grapefruit on the nose. A great deal of ascerbic/citrusy scent comes up after that. I only can tell the faintest amount of alcohol which is quite impressive with a 9.4%. I would describe the smell as delicate compared to other DIPAs I have had.

The taste is just wonderful. It is supremely balanced and very easy drinking despite its high ABV and what I would imagine is a high IBU count. It's like drinking sweetened grapefruit juice with almost no sense of the alcohol. As it warms up it only gets better, and its one of the few DIPAs I have had that taste great both warm and fresh out of the refrigerator.

The mouthfeel is a prolonged sense of grapefruit on the back of the mouth. It is very pleasent. Usually my issue with DIPAs is that they can be very bitter on the way out, but this mouthfeel is like after drinking orange Gatorade: smooth and completely pleasurable.

This is ranks up with the best DIPA's I have ever had. This is my second bottle, and I plan to get another couple if I can find them in the next week. The price is also quite reasonable, and for an ale that I would probably take over Permanent Funeral. It is well worth the price. This beer could not be made any better. (1,449 characters)

Stone's Enjoy By IPA is like an experience one would have with a virgin and her first exploration into coitus. It is one to savor, and not too pound.

This is my favorite DIPA, and one to savor.

Complex, but inviting tropical aromas pervade the nostrils.

Taste is bitter with the notes following through.

This is one of the best DIPA's out there. (349 characters)

Exceptional. One of my favorite DIPA's. Better than a much harder to find beer here in NorCal, you know which one ;). Just my opinion. This beer is perfect to me. Will buy every release. (191 characters)

Amazingly beautiful gold color with a solid grapefruit nose. Obviously dry hopped with motueka, one of my favorite hops. It was more resinous out of a bottle but on tap it was silky. You don't get the bitter until 3 seconds after your sip. What a solid beer. Wish this was on tap all the time. (293 characters)

Had this yesterday (12/27/14) at J. Ryans in Syracuse. Yes, a day beyond the enjoy by date, but don't fret, still awesome. Ripe, juicy and dank would be it. Nuff said. (170 characters)

I can't say anything negative about this beer, so I had to give it a perfect rating. It's clean and crisp on the nose and the palate. Perfect IPA taste and smell. A beautiful golden, slightly orange color to it. I poured it into an IPA glass very slowly so there wasn't much head but it bubbled around the edges nicely and stayed the whole time I drank it. For a 9.4%, there's no alcohol taste so it really creeps up on you. Fantastic beer. Hoping to get another pint before 7/14/14 (482 characters)

Bought a six pack of 5.16.14 Enjoy by IPA from a local Bevmo and made a beeline home to crack them open.

Look: An absolutely beautiful beer, the color is 24k liquid gold with a crystal clear, glimmering clarity and thick, creamy white head that leaves an afterparty of white confetti lacing down the sides of the glass.

Smell: It's an IPA! Aromas of crackers, toasted corn, and sweet malt desperately try to escape the delightfully oppressive superpower bouquet of grapefruit, pine, and cannabis. Truly one of the best IPAs I've had the pleasure of holding to this nose.

Taste: Sweet baby jesus, this was an amazing IPA. This beer is definitely best for the hop lovers out there as it is less than gentle with the hop bitterness (according to the girlfriend) though it still manages to be extremely balanced and drinkable. This bottle is Christmas in Hawaii in beer form. Tastes like a tropical Christmas tree with the usual DIPA citrus-pine smell characterized by grapefruit and tropical fruits.

Mouthfeel: Great carbonation, huge body, lengthy finish, what else do you want me to say? It feels as good as it tastes, and it tastes great. It manages to be creamy and refreshing at the same time.

Overall: How have I never had this beer before? I'm a hop head that lives walking distance from Stone Brewery and am ashamed to say I skipped over this beer for almost a year before finally deciding to try a bottle. This is without a doubt the best double IPA I've had and is sure to please any that consider themselves hop heads. STOP READING AND GO GET SOME (1,561 characters)

This is by far and away the best double IPA...or any IPA for that matter, I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I won't go in to too much detail on this one because it was several weeks ago when I enjoyed this beer. Furthermore, how can one describe in words what they believe to be a perfect beer?

This brew struck the balance between a hefty, complex, flavor profile and an extremely refreshing and clean finishing experience. Both the aroma and flavor was, obviously, hoppy - citrus, floral, pine. It was all there. A very delicious beer. An adventure that I will seek to replicate for the rest of my life and most likely never will. (640 characters)

How is this beer ranked BELOW their regular IPA? These rankings are insane. Anyone with a palate for good beer would agree that the Enjoy By totally blows away the regular Stone IPA.

Hell yes to this beer, lightning strikes six times! Have been back for more on 2 other occasions to my local beer store. Really did not think this would still be around, but it is. Taking advantage of the general public in my area not knowing about this. Enjoy your case of Bud Light.. See review of the first one:

I spotted an open case of these at my beer grocer. They were so new that they couldn't even find the price on them. Bottled a little more than 1 week ago from enjoying!!!

I pounced on the opportunity.

A grapefruit BOMB pervades the nostrils in a pleasant way.

Grapefruit and bitter finish, and clean.

One caveat is this: As I have enjoyed the 6 bottles over the past 2.5 weeks, yes, there is a marked difference between drinking this a week ago and now. It will never be as good as when you can drink less then a week after it was bottled.

This and the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA are the two best IPA's I have ever had. I guess the conundrum with this is once you have had these Enjoy By's, it ruins your palate for other IPA's, which is unfair. Once you have had this, it is hard to accept anything less.

Such a treat, and on a select few of perfect IPA's. (1,363 characters)

I've been slacking on the previous releases of Enjoy By, and haven't had a chance to Enjoy since October 2013. Just got a hold of (4) 4.20.2014 and damn was it good! More than I expected from the last time I had it. I'd say my pallet is more accustom to IPA's now and this is why I rate this beer so high. (305 characters)

Enjoyed multiple versions, and always buy any one that I can find. Enjoy By 4-20-2014 was the best batch.

A - Orange hue, slightly off-white head that hangs around like a well hung bull.
S - Fantasticly fresh, everybit of a grapefruit, citrusy, lemony aroma that lingers like a bad hangover. Except every bit of this smell was well taken.
T - Impressive malt backbone from a brewery that seems to skimp out on that aspect with IPA's and favor the over-usage (but welcomed) of hops. Great balance.
M - Creamy, almost as if they used oats within the grain bill but the brew is exceptionally clear, so that didnt happen. Perfectly carbonated.
O - Among the other festivities that usually take place on 4/20 this was by far the most memorable... I think. Can stand up to the very best in the IIPA world. (800 characters)

4.20.14 bomber poured into a tulip.

A - Clear golden color with two fingers of off-white foamy head. Retention is about 3-4 minutes. Lots of lacing down the glass.

S - I can't describe it as anything other than hop heaven. Floral and citrusy with a hint of malty sweetness.

T - Bright hop flavor up front, some malt sweetness, then a bitter, earthy, hop finish.

M - Bright and bubbly. Finishes cleanly. Not too light and not too heavy.

O - I haven't had an Enjoy By in a while, but damn this is good. (505 characters)

Perhaps my top 3 in IPAs. If this were the only beer left on this planet, I'd be fine.

Pours a orangy golden with one finger of head. Classic example of an IPA.

The moment I took the cap off the bottle, I could smell the aroma of this beauty. I got a LOT of papaya, maybe 80% papaya, 10% pineapple, 10% orange/grapefruit. Just spectacular, juicy, and tropical smelling.

The taste was the smell, plus malt, more sweetness, and more hoppiness. Very well balanced, and I got absolutely zero alcohol on the taste. VERY well made, and now I see what the hype is all about.

Overall, I base my opinion on whether or not I would buy the beer again, so I take into account the price, taste, and availability. A bomber for $10 that is hard to find, to me, is a steal for this type of beer. Phenomenal! (798 characters)

11.12.13

Let me start by saying I absolutely LOVED this beer. I had it on tap at Falling Rock in Denver, CO. The keg ran out as he was pouring it, so he tapped a new one, so I got the first pour out of a keg.

It was a dark copper, but was completely transparent, not murky like a lot of IPAs. This also was so hoppy and bitter. My girlfriend had a pint of Russian RIver Blind Pig, and when comparing the 2, Enjoy By blows BP out of the water.

I would recommend this beer to anyone who enjoys solid IPAs or DIPAs.

Very citrusy taste, extra hoppy. That's why I loved it. (574 characters)

Enjoyed this in a side by side taste test with a Pliny. First time I have had either of these beers.

Poured a lovely dark golden hue with a thick creamy pale head in a Spigelau IPA glass. Aroma was very citrus hop forward and sweet in nature. A little alcohol in the nose. Very aggressive nose.

First sip was bitter with a huge hop hit. Citrus, pine, spice, almost spicy hotness with the hop hit. Followed by a large dose of alcohol with a slight malt backbone. Crisp finish though most likely due to the alcohol. Felt like I was hit with a hop hammer, but I liked it!

Ultimately, I love a beer that challenges my senses and this one does. For my tastes a bit more in my wheelhouse than Pliny. Both great beers, but if I had to choose one forever it would be Enjoy By! (781 characters)

I was so excited to see a local bottle shop, Vino Rosso in Idaho Falls got a keg of Enjoy by 9-13-13! They had it posted on a sandwich board out side the shop that said "Get it while you can!!!!". I was actually off the day I had it and was just swinging by the office to pick up my paycheck and take it to the bank,which is right by the bottle shop,how convenient! It was heaven in a glass!!! Nice and stinky,looked just perfect,color,carb,lacing... and it was a taste explosion. Hop bomb delight!!!! This is the first beer I have ever given a 5 to. I swore I didn't think there was a 5 out there,there is,this is it!!! Went back the next night with my built in designated driver(my wife) and enjoyed a few more! If this beer has and equal or one is ever brewed I hope the good lord sees it fit to have it find it's way to my lips...It is the holy grail of beers as far as I am concerned!!! (891 characters)

Huge hype for this brew and I went to 4 different liquor stores looking for this coveted nectar. Awesome graphic on the bottle and the premise of a drink by date only 30 days from bottle seems extreme. I was a little hesitant about the drinking only 2 weeks from the brew date but I had to give it a shot.

A - Beautiful golden- light orange color. Vibrantly clear with perfect fine white head with moderate lacing.

S - Very strong hop fragrance with tons of citrus fruit and every hop smell you would ever want all packed into one glass. Could smell it as I opened the bottle. Like a grownups candy it makes your mouth water.

T - Huge hop flavor with a full fruit hop character with citrus, tropical fruits, some pine, and dank resin hops to round out one of the most bold beers I've ever had. If you like citrus flavored hops by the bucket full this is a great beer. There is some malt and but almost no alcohol but it's all masked by the hop explosion on your taste buds. The bitterness seems clean and precise without detracting from the flavors. This is clearly a hops showcase.

M - Medium mouth-feel with perfect carbonation. Basically only the hops sit on the tongue but some how it isn't too much and I kept wanting to drink more.

Overall, probably one of the top 5 beers I've ever had. Great aroma, flavor, feel, appearance, and anything else you would desire in a DIPA. This brew is perfect for every hop head out there. This beer went down fast and it put me to sleep even faster. It's a limited release so you've got to get lucky to get a taste.

Glass- Stein (1,575 characters)

Move over Pliny, there's a new Sheriff in town. This is the freshest beer I have ever tasted. It is exactly what an IPA should be. It has a massive hop smell that hits you right in the face and does not let up one bit in the mouth. This tastes like liquid heaven for a fan of hops. The alcohol is very present, but that is no reason to apologize. This beer is not for the weak of mouth. The appearance is also amazing. This is probably the best looking beer I have ever seen in my glass. Get some! (497 characters)

Citrusy and floral hops. Sweet beer and surprisingly light for a 9.4% beer. This can be enjoyed all year. Dear God this beer is so damn good. Wish I could get a case of it. (172 characters)

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.