Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,266 | Hads: 9,617
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Stone's good, good for you, good to the last drop. I didn't realize but apparently the r Enjoy by series makes its varying appearance in different states at different times of the year, and that explains why it took a couple months for me to get my hands on one after the 12.21.12 which made its appearance at Beermageddon 2013.

To be honest I'm glad I didn't try it, not only would it have been old, but the 4.1.13 that I got a hold of was fantastic. I had mine in mid-march (sorry for the late review, but I'm getting the 5.18.13 Enjoy by via N'awlins soon so I wanted to compare my notes), and I felt like I should have worked up a good sweat before trying this thirst quenching IPA.

The appearance was a transparent amber haze, and the smell was pure hops- very forest like. The taste was good like I said refreshing, tingling the taste buds wanting more. The mouthfeel did have an odd but refining quality, but the after taste was lingering one that wouldn't go away even after popcorn. All and all, decent, get it if you can, I'd give it a 93/100

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Saw this and grabbed it immediately. Been a while since I've reviewed anything from Stone.

Pours a bright gold with a huge white head into my glass. It looks like it would tingle the taste buds and probably more.

Grassy and full of citrus notes from the hops. West coast! The only other thing I can think of that's hoppier than this is Heady.

Wow. Very pleasant and bursting with juicy hop goodness. Citrus, pine, etc. Mango? Either way, it doesn't disappoint in the hops dept.

Lingering grassy, citrus and pine flavors. Like freshly-mowed grass. Very fresh too. I assume it's the 2nd most recent batch (bottle says 4/12/13).

Stone should keep doing this with limited batches of beer. It might make more sense and cut back on the beer that lingers on shelves for months. They have the beer dating thing down pat and detailed info on the batches.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is the 02.14.15. Clear with a nice layer of head. Smell of juicy citrus with a taste to match. Unlike other citrusy/juicy ipas, this has a nice bite of hops towards the end. Great beer all around...always excited to try the enjoy by variety's.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

What an awesome beer. Had this twice. Last one was the 11/12/13 batch. Crisp, clean, tropical and just outstanding. From memory, appearance was clear as you expect from stone. Aroma and taste all tropical hop goodness, just what I look for in an IPA. As of today this beer tops my list.

look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Served in a flute, batch "by 4/01/13".

Appearance: golden amber with a very light hazy body. Head is subtle considering its off the tap maybe 1/3" off the body. This brew did settle nice and even with steady lacing.

Smell: aroma overload with grapefruit and hops that make your nostrils wish you could take this home.

Taste: extreme hops complimented with a bitterness overload that comes off very citrusy. I am absolutely indulging in the taste alone.

Mouth: medium carbonation, might come slightly light wish it was a little heavier but it's everlasting stickiness is incredible.

Overall: here at the bar enjoying one of the best "new" imperial IPAs I have had in a long time. Little expensive but honestly I have had so many DIPAs that this seems priceless. Salud!

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Ratings for the 2/14/15 batch.

I've heard that it's always the same formula, but I have no knowledge of my own on this. Good beer, though I wasn't as crazy about it as some people were.

look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

A- Amazing, medium golden to near red in thicker parts of the glass. It's crystal clear. Thick white head that diminishes in about two minutes but some remnants remain.

S- If there is a weak point to the beer, this is it. The hops smell surprisingly understated while I get more caramel and grain aromas.

T- Pine and mild floral hopping jump right out at you. Pay a little more attention and I found a bit of crystal malt back their. I would not say that this is an super complex beer but the hopping clearly utilized multiple additions. Basically, the whole beer is meant to be a platform for the hops... as it damn well should.

M- Medium body. Medium-high carbonation adds to drinkability and increases perception of hops. Very well done in my opinion. I never have much to say about mouth feel.

O- I really like this beer. I'd buy it again. If I could improve one thing it would be making the grain bill more pronounced but hey, its an IPA.

4.6/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

Enjoy by 09.13.13. bottled on 08.09.13. poured into tulip.

A: pours pretty clear. I would say a deep golden hue. really great clarity for a DIPA. frothy bright white head has great retention and leaves a good deal of lacing on the way down.

S: after the initial pour this smells like copious amounts of hop oils. definitely grapefruit, definitely pine. a lot of hop resins here. all about the hops. very American. wouldn't hate for some malt balance, but that would be tough to compete with all this resin.

T: a bit of bubblegum. virtually no grain presence. really resiny on the back-end. not overwhelmingly bitter in the finish, a little during the drink though. I mean it is there, but not as much as most brews of this hop magnitude. a bit of alcohol burn too.

M: pretty mellow carb. tingly. full bodied for sure. works.

D: really tasty stuff from Stone. I love how much this beer demands fresh consumption. I am sure it is quite the challenge for their distribution staff and network, so that gets extra points in my book.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%

Serving type: Bottle. 4/20/14. Poured into a tulip glass.

Great golden yellow coloration. Pure white 1/4" head. Slightly cloudy.

Nose immediately picks up citrus and fruity aromas ; definitely lives up to the "devastatingly dank" hype labeled on the neck of the bottle.

Extremely flavorful and emulates the aroma of the beer. Bold citrus flavors are elevated above the bitterness often associated with IPAs. A little "sting" is pervasive throughout each sip from the relatively high alcohol content, but it only adds to the dept of this beer's flavor profile.

Not necessarily full, but not light by any stretch of the imagination. Carbonation provides that iconic tingly sensation on the lips with each swig. Only issue here is that it took away from the initial flavor of the beer; all you could feel was tingling and couldn't even register the front-end of the flavor.

Absolutely fantastic Double IPA that, even bottled, is the personification of what this style of beer should be. It was a fresh beer that stands apart from the rest of Stone's line-up, which is generally overrated and readily available at many bars and liquor stores in my general area. I would recommend this specific brew to anyone that enjoys hoppy beers.

Stone Enjoy By 2-14-14

A- Clear with Amber highlights. Head dissipates quickly.

S-Like a clementine. Sweet fruit with a hint of citrus at the end.

T-Sticky like citrus honey with a clean bitterness at the end.

M-Lighter carbonation, but that might be because it is out of a growler.

Overall this is an excellent IPA. Alcohol sweetness with a clearly defined hop flavor.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Enjoy By 12.26.14, Clear golden-amber pour with a foamy white two finger head with good retention and great lacing. Sticky, resiny hops dominate the nose along with hints of grapefruit, pine, tropical fruit, orange peel, and subtle green onion. The taste mirrors the nose with dank, resiny, earthy, fresh picked hops along with hints of pine, orange peel, grapefruit, tropical fruit, green onions, and just enough sweet caramel malt to keep it honest. The mouthfeel is medium bodied, subtly chewy, and extremely oily with a mouth-puckering crisp, dry, bitter finish. Overall, I've been trying to get my hands on this beer for quite a while, and it did not disappoint. Incredibly fresh and bold and every bit as good as Heady or Pliny! Highly recommended!

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

S-quite dank for my liking, but I supposed this constrast to the taste provides interest and appeal
A-golden cleat and light, white head that dissipates to nothing eventually, nice amount of lacing
M-carbonation right on and does not detract from bitterness and other enjoyable qualities of this beer
T-is it Citra? Mosaic? Simcoe? One of those three comes out to play, I think it's Citra, but I am far from a connaisure. Great IIPA, very drinkable too bad it 'expires'! Highly recommend.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%

Hats off to my brother deranma for bringing this over! Enjoy by 12.21.12...

Bright, clear copper with a mediocre head that reduces to a frothy ring around the glass.

Big mango and pineapple on first whiff. Pine and grapefruit as well. It even smells like its going to be sweet. Herbal grassiness beyond the fruit aromas. A whirl of it brings just enough caramel to remind me there are malts in it too.

As soon as it hit my tongue I thought it was going to be really sweet from all of the tropical fruit flavors, then it finishes smooth with a hint of bitterness and a warmth of alcohol. I know its intentional, but I actually wish for a bit more bitterness.

Smooth as can be and drinks like a pale ale. Excellent carbonation.

This beer is a sensory experience for sure. A must try, although if you dont have it already, you probably wont be trying it. I was lucky to get a share of this. Hope you get to try it too.

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Finally got my hands on an EnjoyBy! Bottled 9/20/13, just screaming freshness.

Appearance: Pours a golden orange with two fingers of foamy whitish head that fades relatively quickly, leaving beautiful lacing.

Smell: Just lovely, with tons of tropical fruit, predominately grapefruit and pineapple with lots of citrus. A good deal of Stone-style west coast hop bitterness and piney aromas come through as well. Freshness is evident here.

Taste: Beautiful strong citrus, with the grapefruit and pineapple of the aroma and some mango as well. Despite this, a great deal of pine and grass come through to strike a remarkably balanced DIPA.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied with perfect carbonation and solid hop bitterness. A bit of heat, and a nice crisp dry finish.

Overall: Absolutely fantastic, and I'm glad I finally got to try this one. Great beer and I hope we get it again.

05.17.13 Enjoy By

A - Pours a bright golden hay in color with borderline amber hues. Has a frothy bright white one finger head with big bubbles. Not much retention but good lacing.

S - Grapefruit juices, lingering pineapple with a touch of pine hops.

T - The citrus notes in the smell along with the bready malts balance wonderfully. There is pine notes on the end. Just hoppy through and through, from beginning to end.

M - Very drinkable... It's crazy how it's not overly malted or sticky at all. Just a medium bodied beer with great carbonation that is scarey easy to drink!

O - Impressed... Props to Stone. I can't figure out if I like this or the Ruination 10th Anni better.

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A: Golden brown can see straight through the tulip. 1/2 finger of head w/ little lacing
S: grapefruit-mango-floral bouquet. Very appealing
T: Clean crisp hop blast. Not too bitter, not too malty, really balanced. Taste is on par w/ scent for flavor. Lingering aftertaste is divine. Booze is there so-so
M: really enjoying the fact that this does not leave a film behind Great carbonation.
O: fell in love with this stuff a year ago. Throughout the past year I've experienced a drastic change in my pallet. This offering remains consistent.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 5.17.13

This brew pours with a nice little foamy head and a caramel colored body. The aroma is sweet succulent hops; both very grassy and tropical, this brew can be smelled from across the room. The flavor just bursts with tropical hoppiness, the gamut is run from mangos and pears all the way to pineapple and all sorts of citrus. You get some of the cattiness that is found in Simcoe beers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that hop or a close relative was used. The mouthfeel is lighter than expected, especially for the ABV. I could drink way too much of this.

One of the better DIPAS I've run across. Enjoy by IPA is an excellent example of the style, however, I find that this beer is difficult to come across. Nevertheless, if I see this beer again [with a different date of course, I'm sure this batch will be gone in 3 days], I will buy it.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%

poured into a pint glass

A-hazy golden hue white foamy head about 1/2 inch; thick lacing

S-got a burst of citrus hops from about two inches away as I was checking the appearance of the brew...gives off a ton of aroma...tropical fruit bomb quite floral...smells great

T-follows the nose...citrus hops...grapefruit, mango, lemon, delicious

M-chewy, juicy hops, slick feeling, medium body

O-great beer, very drinkable given the abv

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A - Crystal clear solid gold body. Creamy cap of white foam has nice retention and ok lace.

S - Bright, funky green hop. Plant stems, root beer, cilantro, bubblegum.

T - Bold and incredibly smooth. Green hops, honeyed tarragon, dandelion, lemon zest, resiny rosemary.

M - Awesome mouthfeel. Silky smooth, full frame, perfectly balanced carbonation.

O - This beer starts fantastic and gets better as you go. Great flavor and incredible mouthfeel. Well worth the hype.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I've had many variants of this, this particular review is based on Enjoy By 4.20.15.

A: Dark orange, see through with a nice finger of head.
S: Mango, pineapple, grapefruit, some danky garlic/onion in the background. Some sweet background notes from the malt.
T: Pop of bitterness right up front. Little bit spicy in the middle mouth with garlic/onion notes mentioned before. Lots of grapefruit and orange peel.
M: Full bodied with a dry finish. Nice carbonation that complements the taste well.
O: Great offering everytime I have it. The fresher the better!

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%

Purchased this morning, enjoyed this evening.
From bottle to Stone pint glass.

A: Very nice golden color with solid lacing.

S: Very fruity scent with piney undertones.

T: The hops come across both very floral-y but also have a nice bitter hop finish. Very smooth and enjoyable flavor

M: Nice light carbonation.

O: Great hoppy IPA. Nice overall flavor with a combination of floral, piney, bitter hop characteristics.

4.59/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A: Pours a golden orange with an almost gray ring of head.\r\n\r\nS: Nose is utterly dominated by tangerine, fresh orange and other similar fruits, with just a touch of simcoey garlic.\r\n\r\nT: Fresh orange juice, citrus peel, onion, tangerine, tropical fruit, papaya. Delicious.\r\n\r\nM: Full bodied and smoother than your average IPA.\r\n\r\nO: By far my favorite beer from Stone. Uncharacteristic of them, hop-profile-wise, and that is a massive plus for me.\r\n\r\nNote: My version was best by 2.15.13, and I had it a couple days after this particular batch\'s release (It wasn\'t even on the shelf yet).

look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 4.20.13. Drank out of a tulip glass on 3.28.13, so this should be plenty fresh.

A: Medium head dissipates somewhat after the original pour, but the light head that remains has very good retention. Incredible lacing. Extremely clear - probably one of the clearest ales I've ever seen. The color is very inviting - an amber/golden affair with a tinge of orange that looks just delicious. I rarely give out "5"s in any category for any beer, but this beer absolutely deserves a 5 for appearance.

S: Others have commented on the resin nose on this beer, but the batch I drank (4.20) is much more fruity than resiny. I get alot of tropical fruits - pineapple, mango, grapefruit and a little hint of lemon. There's a little pine going on in the background, as well as some slightly floral notes. Powerful aroma overall. Much fruitier than I expected.

T: Initial taste is more subdued than you would expect. Floral and fruity with a hint of bitterness but not the overpowering hop flavor that you would expect from a DIPA. That is, before the pine and grassy flavors really kick in mid-sip. As expected, lingering piney bitterness remains on the tongue well after drinking. A decent - not exceptional - malt backbone on this.

M: Surprisingly full for an IPA during drinking. Must be some Special B in this sucker. Finish is dry dry dry.

O: I am definitely not a hop-head but I had to try this beer after hearing so much about it. Overall, I'm happy with it. What impresses me the most is the complicated hop flavor of this beer. Most DIPA's are strongly bitter....and that's it. This beer, while definitely bitter, is not nearly as harshly bitter as most DIPAs. The hop characteristic in particular is more complex than expected - fruity and floral with a nice resin base. I find DIPAs disappointingly one-note - I think this is the first that I would buy again. Nice job Stone.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

enjoy by 7.4.14 650ml poured into snifter. enjoyed 6/17/14 so half way to "expiry"

nice citrus and floral nose. has some slight bitterness on the nose. really hop forward taste, loads of citrus, floral notes, and a slightly bitter and astringent finish. also notice an odd flavor I cant pinpoint in there but it doesnt detract from the fact that this "devastatingly fresh" ipa is ridiculously good. thanks to @64vdub for the hookup!

Enjoy by 10.31.14 opened 10.20.14 at Craft Beer Market with Jodi from the Stone sales team. Much like the previous with a nice malt profile, gteat citrus taste and not a harsh bitterness

4.58/5  rDev +4.1%

I had the 12/2013 version. I've never really been blown away by a beer like this. Color and appearance was good (orange-gold), smell was nice (floral? it was a while ago)... but the flavor! The sheer ecstasy of this brew's first greeting to my taste buds seared itself into my mind and to this day has yet to let go. An incredibly balanced blend of citrus (orange, tangerine), warm bread, spices and hops... every flavor in perfect proportion, bold and up front and yet somehow sharing the stage equally with all the other elements going on - absolutely divine! If you ever see this, buy as much as you can and share it with good friends quickly.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.