Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%

This review will be for the version with the 11.09.12 date. We're going 22 ounces split multiple ways on a Sunday afternoon. On to the beer:

The pour yields a beer which is a lighter gold, looking most resemblent to the color of cider. A small head is formed on top, and a few spots of lace are left on the glass. I figuered that the nose would say hops, cuz this is Stone and it's an IPA, but I wasn't expecting this. HOPS!! Fruity, delectable hops. I haven't looked into the hop bill of this recipe, but I want to say New Zealand hops are the majority in this one. Big fruit salad notes, also big on canteloupe, pine, passionfruit, and mango. This could be good.

For a beer with 9.4%, this beer seems much lighter than that, yet retains all the good flavor of such a strong beer. The alcohol is hidden extremely well, and flavors similar in the nose are coming out in full force in the taste; passionfruit, orange, canteloupe, sweet varieties of tropical fruits. And for such a hoppy beer, it's not bitter at all. The beer's body is medium-full, with a very smooth texture and appealing finish.

Where did this come from? And where was I in California when this was released? I was exteremly impressed with Stone on this creation. Time to set the clock when the next version will be released...

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%

Had this at GABF back in October. From multiple sources, all on draft.

Its been a few years since Ive had Pliney the Younger, but that was the last beer I can remember that had such an aggressive nose-full of wonderful hop aroma. From a foot away you can smell fresh pine tree in a glass.

The taste is equally epic. We had this alongside Pliney the Younger (wonderful things happen at GABF). I know its an unfair comparison, but wow was EB over-the top in hops and piney mouth feel by comparison. Just a huge beer for hopheads.

Nice appearance. Superb beer. Wish i had one right now.

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

A-Golden with a nice white head

S-best smelling IPA I've ever had. Pure grapefruit goodness. Somewhat floral. Pure awesome.

T-comes in with an amazing flavor of crisp grapefruit hops and grains and smooth bitterness. It's a beautiful IPA. Very smooth and refined. After-taste of tropical fruity hops. Great one.

M-medium creamy carbonation with a semi-dry finish

O-extremely impressed and pleased. I tell you I was craving quality hops like no other and this satisfied that craving as well as possible. Such a big smile drinking this. The high abv is lost. Tasting light and smooth.

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I've heard others descripe this as 'juicy'...now I know what they meant. Beautiful aroma of citrus and pear. Perfectly balanced. A nice smooth mouth feel that only accentuates the malty sweetness on the back of the palate. A 'must have' in these waning days of summer.

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

It poured a nice golden hue with a subdued white head. The aroma of hops jumped out of the bottle with fruity citrus notes, a bit of pine and even the dank hops I know and love. There are obviously a lot of hops which is to be expected from a Stone IPA, but they were handled very well. Loads and loads, but balanced so as not to give you the bitter beer face or palate wrecking experience of some IPAs. There were tropical fruits and citrus on the front end with the pine bitterness coming through on the back leaving a nice bitter coating on your palate. All of these great hop flavors were riding a danky hoppiness that held it all together. The Enjoy By IPA really handled the hops with a more delicate balance. One of my all time favorite IPAs.

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%

It was a pleasant surprise to come across an Enjoy By at my local craft brew mart. Aware of the hype, I ran to the cooler to pick up a (22 oz approx) bottle of the 12/13/2013 circulation.

Enjoy By did NOT disappoint. Frankly, I could care less about smell or appearance, so let's move on to the other categories. Lots of quality IPA flavor--pineapple, citrus, pine, florals--a very complex and fragrant beer and goes down surprisingly smooth considering it carries such a high ABV. DIPAs are my go-to and Enjoy By is now in my top 5.

A difficult beer to find but well worth picking up when you can.

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%

Enjoy By 09/13/13 22 oz. bomber pulled straight from the fridge and poured with 4-5 oz. intervals into 10 oz. snifter

A- Beautiful thick apricot gold color, initially cloudy, but clears up after pour. A 1/4"-1/2" bubbly, foamy white head that sticks around for a while. As the beer sloshes around in the snifter a fine bubbly film trails down the sides of the glass

S- The smell of this is wonderful! It's fresh. It's Clean. I smell fresh juicy hops, some sugar, some caramel. The hops are not piney and not really grapefruit-like, but remind me of the mandarin oranges I used to eat out of the can when I was a kid. Also I am reminded of the smell of the shell of a candy apple.

T- Much like the smell, the first sip, a ZINGER as my taste buds go wild! Floral hops, mandarin oranges. This beer is only a few weeks old, so it is SO fresh. As it warms, I get a bit of sugar, some estery caramel hoppyness which is unique but out of this world tasty. As I proceed with my servings I aggressively agitate the beer in my mouth and pick up some subtle coriander and chamomile.

O- Overall this is one of the best imperial IPA's I have ever had. I bought an 8 oz. snifter of the 04/20/13 on tap at a restaurant earlier this year on a whim and I loved it. This is the first time I had it since then and perhaps the first IIPA I have had since then as well. This beer is surprisingly refreshing and the alcohol is hidden very well. It CAN NOT BE TASTED AT ALL! For a brew approaching 10% that is very impressive. I have had some really HOT brews at 9-10%. Not this beer. I strongly recommend this to hop heads and anyone who is a craft beer aficionado in general as this is not a harsh IIPA. Bold, vivid in flavor-yes, but not harsh in alcohol or hops whatsoever-a WORLD CLASS BEER!

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%

This is a world class beer, nectar from the gods. Very smooth down the hatch with a very nice citrus after taste. I will buy as many as possible untill 3.14.15

22 oz. bottle of 02.14.14

Poured a rich light amber color with a creamy thick head of 3/4 inch. Significant lacing. Smell is making my mouth water. Taste - wow! Nice IPA, one of THE BEST I've ever had - Pure hoppy beautifulness! A truly great beer - enjoyed every last drop and want more!

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a stemmed wineglass from the 22 oz. bottle.

a: Orange/ light copper,2 finger head without much lacing.

s: Floral, citrus one of the best smelling beers I've had.

t: Citrusy but also a little piney and balanced. Nice bitterness, magnum bittering hops? Outstanding.

m: Moderate body, a little creamy nice carbonation.

o: Excellent beer, Nice balance between the piney bitterness of an old school southern CA ipa and modern citrus hops.

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%

Anytime I see an Enjoy By I grab one, amazing IPA all around, for a imperial IPA this one pours a perfect amber color amazing fresh hop bitterness that other doubles should strive for, If a pine and citrus blend of awesomeness is what your looking for pick this one up and drink it fast, If I had a choice between this beer and a Pliny the Elder its Enjoy By all the way!

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

chilled 22 ounce bottle poured into glass

Fantastic beer! This light colored ale poured a thin head and had light lacing. The beer reamins true to its American IPA/Double IPA style with a strong hop smell and pronounced hop taste. Stone asks that the beer be enjoyed while it is still fresh, but I wonder how might age.

My only disappointment was that the liquor store limited sales to just one bottle per customer. My bottle was gone in a flash.

4.84/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I had the Enjoy By 04-20-14.

It pours a rich copper color.

It smells very hoppy, and very much like grapefruit.

It tastes very much like grapefruit as well. The last edition tasted like grapefruit, but the 04-20-14 edition tastes very much like a grapefruit with a strong hop presence and minimum malt presence.

Overall this is one of of the best IPAs I have ever had, and the best Stone Enjoy By I have ever tried to date.

4.84/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 5

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.