Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a stemmed wineglass from the 22 oz. bottle.

a: Orange/ light copper,2 finger head without much lacing.

s: Floral, citrus one of the best smelling beers I've had.

t: Citrusy but also a little piney and balanced. Nice bitterness, magnum bittering hops? Outstanding.

m: Moderate body, a little creamy nice carbonation.

o: Excellent beer, Nice balance between the piney bitterness of an old school southern CA ipa and modern citrus hops.

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%

Anytime I see an Enjoy By I grab one, amazing IPA all around, for a imperial IPA this one pours a perfect amber color amazing fresh hop bitterness that other doubles should strive for, If a pine and citrus blend of awesomeness is what your looking for pick this one up and drink it fast, If I had a choice between this beer and a Pliny the Elder its Enjoy By all the way!

4.85/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

chilled 22 ounce bottle poured into glass

Fantastic beer! This light colored ale poured a thin head and had light lacing. The beer reamins true to its American IPA/Double IPA style with a strong hop smell and pronounced hop taste. Stone asks that the beer be enjoyed while it is still fresh, but I wonder how might age.

My only disappointment was that the liquor store limited sales to just one bottle per customer. My bottle was gone in a flash.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I had the Enjoy By 04-20-14.

It pours a rich copper color.

It smells very hoppy, and very much like grapefruit.

It tastes very much like grapefruit as well. The last edition tasted like grapefruit, but the 04-20-14 edition tastes very much like a grapefruit with a strong hop presence and minimum malt presence.

Overall this is one of of the best IPAs I have ever had, and the best Stone Enjoy By I have ever tried to date.

4.84/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 5

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great floral flavor! Almost a perfect double IPA.

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by on the day. A day of both sadness and joy as we say goodbye to a grandma and celebrate the b-day of my son. A big 4. A memorable day capped by a memorable beer. Stone lives up to their rep and the hype. Great beer living up to a day to remember for a life, capped by 9/13/13 . Truly enjoyed as we celebrate a life well lived for 93 years and the exhuberence of a 4 year old. A great lasting Hops enfused beer memory.

Had on tap at Tj's in Paoli

A: Dark golden hue with a 1 inch head that lightly dissipates as you drink. Very clear almost opaque in color.

S: The grassy notes of the beer are prevalent at the front of the nose followed by a lot of citrus notes following. Grapefruit and Pineapple are the most noticeable fruity notes that come through in the nose

T: Like the smell, the grassy notes are up front. This beer is very fresh and crisp and gives a very clear and delicious taste. The citrus/ fruity notes come through next with pineapple and grapefruit being the ones that come through most. The hop bitterness lingers on the back end and stays with you long after the sip in a perfect, flavorful way.

M: The beer is very crisp and carbonated but not heavily so. It doesn't hinder the flavors of the beer and offers a very clean finish. It tingles the tongue and stays with you after the sip.

O: A great IPA. Very fresh and all the different flavors mix together really well and come through very prominently.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Enjoy by 12/13/13 22oz. bomber into Sam Adams perfect pint glass. Awesome painted-label bottle (great for bottling homebrew) with green, easy to read label. Thanks to Julian at Craftshack for expediting this to me to drink before the enjoy by date. I'm sure it would
have been ruined had I not sampled it before the 12/13/13 deadline.

A-Yellowish, almost clear brew with a constant 1/8" beige head. Medium carbonation.

S- Fantastic hop bouquet. Floral, citrusy, tropical. Malt aroma is there in force too. Like I'm walking behind a combine in a Montana barley field, while Oregon hop growers wave 20 foot
bines of freshly harvested hops in my face. Absolutely lucious.

T- Follows suit with the nose. Fruity, (peach, apricot,) citrus, (tangerine, and grapefruit) tropical fruits, (mango, pineapple) plus a bit of pine also. A tinge of alcohol heat, but well hidden for a 9% beer. And that malt backbone again, I love when a beer can carry that
crushed grain, freshly baked bread taste along with such a powerful hop presence.

M- Ever present bitterness, hop oil, resiny, with a wonderful body to highlight all of this together. On many double/imperial IPA's the alcohol snuffs out what would otherwise
be a great brew. Not this one. All flavors and bitterness linger quite awhile on the tongue.

O- I had high expectations for this one after the reviews I had read. It did not disappoint.
This rivals any west coast double IPA, at a great price. Hope this becomes a regular from
Stone.

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Re-review on Enjoy By 04-20-14 - Bottled on 3/12/14. Poured into a chalice.

Complex. One of the best IPAs I have ever had.

A - Light honey colored, crystal clear, rocky half-finger white head, good lacing.

S - Grapefruit, floral, citrusy, piney

T - Citrus, resiny, a pale malt background that does not come without some contemplation, hint of sweetness.

MF - Sharp, fizzy, leaves my mouth feeling clean and bright.

Also had:
Batch #3 - 12-21-12
Batch #7 - 5-17-13 - Bottled on 04-12-13
Batch # 10 - 9-13-13
Batch #12 - 11-12-13
Batch #14 - 02-14-14
Batch #15 - 04-20-14 - Bottled on 03-12-14
Batch #?? - 07-04-14 - Bottled on 05-30-14
Batch# - 02-14-15 (definitely tasted different - less malty sweet)

look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great, strong IPA from start to finish....not everything is a perfect score, but this comes pretty darn close. Love the piney taste to this one. Lots left on the palate so i suggest drinking this one last or by itself. I had the 4.20.14 batch and I am reviewing based on that.

look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Okay so the only and I mean the only reason I do not give this beer a blanket 5.0 is that only God is perfect. I mean there is no such thing as a perfect woman so I guess beer would have to fall in that category, please beer take no offense. I usually do not get excited about the color of a beer this one though has a nice peach looking color to it great eye appeal, just something a little different from other IPA's and their copper-orange color. Great hit of citrus when I stuck my nose in my glass, holy crud the alcohol content is hitting me already, WOW, and lingered well after the head fizzled down. The same with the first intake of the beer, real good citrus flavor followed by a smooth and mellow wheat flavor. For being an Imperial (double IPA) this is unusually mellow yet like I said holy crud the alcohol is hard hitting. This is definately not a swilling IPA, take the time to really enjoy this IPA, you will be pleased each pull on this beer is just as good as the first. The good thing is that the after taste of the beer does not hang around leaving you with that "I just licked a leather boot heal" taste in your mouth that some shoddier IPA's will have the tendency to do. This is an excellent IPA, I look forward to the next batch of Enjoy By, Stone Brewing be darn proud of this beer, darn proud. Now if you all will excuse me I have a girlfriend to go drink.

4.83/5  rDev +9%

Another excellent beer by Stone, shame they're so hard to find & will only be around for a month.

Inhale deeply right after a fresh pour, and the hops will blow you away. Like a freshly-mowed field of hops. "Is there anything in here *besides* hops?" you'll wonder...

A touch more carbonation than I like, but I got over it.

The 9.4% really sneaks up on you...the alcohol is well concealed. I'm still not sure where it was hiding.

Overall, great beer, well worth the hunt. I'll be sad to see it disappear.

4.83/5  rDev +9%

Here's the quick and dirty. My bottle was dated "Enjoy By 4-20-14".

If you've had a west coast IPA, this one has everything you would expect, simply done to the highest level of quality. Without mincing words, this is the best west coast IPA I have ever had in a bottle. Nuff said.

Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.