Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 8,928 | Reviews: 1,302

4.88/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I've been told that "Enjoy By IPA" varies from batch to batch. In that case, I've had a taste from an amazing batch, because this was as exceptional as an IPA gets. The nose was fruity, floral, not too herbal or piney; I won't bore anyone with talk of lacing or head retention, lets cut right to the flavor. Oh my god. The marriage of fruity and citrusy hops is mind blowingly delicious and so different from the herbal, piney IPAs that Stone is known for. If you are a fan of IPAs, you must try this and see for yourself. I dream about this beer at night and think about it when I'm thirsty. I'm hooked!

4.88/5  rDev +10.2%

I had the Enjoy By 4.20.15 about 2 weeks after it was bottled - WOW...what an amazing beer. Amazing west coast IPA smell: danky, piney and fruity. A very pungent aroma that leaps out of the glass. The taste lives up to the smell- a perfect balance of dank, tropical fruit and pine needles. There is a gumminess on the aftertaste that, along with the grapefruit, pushes the bitterness away. The only knock I had was that it's just a little boozy on the back end. I can't wait to try the next Enjoy By.

4.88/5  rDev +10.2%

3/14/15 bottle. A sweet piney citrusy resinous hop bomb with a perfect bitter finish. This is my favorite enjoy by release I've had so far.

4.88/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Batch #7 - 05.17.13
My first Enjoy By. Would have liked to do a comparison between others, or even with Ruination. Fantastic aroma - poured into a pint glass, almost clear yellow in color with slight head, lacing down the glass. Quite enjoyed this (no pun intended) and am looking forward to more!

4.87/5  rDev +9.9%

This is one of my favorite beers. I have had several iterations both in bottles and on tap. I don't notice a big difference between them, although some have said they thought the 4-20 was more dank. To that I would say: maybe. You would never know this is a 9.4% beer when drinking it, so be careful

Color- light gold / yellow - much lighter than you would expect for a beer with this ABV

Smell - An explosion of pine, then more pine - a little bit of other aromas, citrus floral

Taste - it is a christmas tree in a glass. Again a ton of pine resin broken with a citrus finish

mouthfeel - crisp and a little sticky on the finish

4.87/5  rDev +9.9%

Damn near the perfect IPA. I love the hoppy, citrus notes in this beer. It has a nice piney start and grapefruit finish. It is really a role model for IPAs. I'm not enough of a beer "connoisseur" to come up with 250 characters, but I would imagine that most people who can write that much about a beer are more pretentious than I aspire to be.

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Wow.. Just pored a stone enjoy by 4.20.15. and it was world class. Nice color and lace and small head.. But enjoyed it throughly.. Gona get me some more!!!

look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Clear pale gold with a white head.

Smell is dank, very resinous, pine, cat pee.

Taste is also big hops, again, resinous, though there's a little citrus as well, some line. Moderate bitterness, this is actually pretty balanced in spite of the intense hops. Delicious.

Mouthfeel is oily, dry, with full, softer carbonation. Light bodied.

This is a killer IPA, stone really nailed it. One can argue that more citrus hops could amp up the complexity, but there is some citrus, and I prefer the resinous hop flavors. Light body, high, clean ABV, what's not to love?

4.87/5  rDev +9.9%

Poured from a 22oz. bottled about 12 days ago. Smell is beautiful and everything I want in a double IPA. Pine, grass, citrus, lemon, very small hints of alcohol. Taste is similar to how it smells. Opens with the piney/grassy taste, citrus fruit hits and finishes with a slight pear flavor. Very minimal alcohol flavor here. Very well hidden. This is my favorite beer and is my #1 recommended. Find it. It's worth it

4.87/5  rDev +9.9%

Poured from a 22oz bottle 11-09-12 into a tulip.

A: Pours a clear golden orange with a 1finger off white head. Minimal retention with fair amounts lacing.

S: Smells of huge amounts of earthy spicy resinous pine.

T: Close to the nose. Huge spicy, earthy, resinous pine up front. Evolves into sweet bubblegum and malt. Fair amounts of bitterness throughout.

M: Medium body and carbonation.

O: Overall this is an amazing DIPA. Threw me for a loop, at the smell I was expecting that spicy resin hop, mid taste it evolves into this amazing bubblegum sweetness. I applaud Stone for this delicious brew and idea on drinking super fresh beer.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Best IPA I've had to date. Had it as a sampling at a beer distributor by me. Picked up a few singles of other beers, left, drove halfway home and turned around. Picked up a Growler.

Batch: Enjoy by 5/17/13
Consumed on 5/15/13

At first sip it was surprisingly good.... good hop punch, balance and a crisp tongue snapping finish.... the thing that really got me is how drinkable it was and how on my ride home I just couldn't get that goodness it left out of my mouth... it's the type that you wanna continue drinking... a big standout to me was how ridiculously fresh it tasted. I definitely recommend anyone to try this... even if your not an IPA fan... you may just turn around to like it after all.

Edit: I have had severall bottled versions and on draft afterwards. Some bottled versions I did taste the onion-y hop to it. None were better than the 5/17/13 version.

Overall: 4.5-5

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%

This review will be for the version with the 11.09.12 date. We're going 22 ounces split multiple ways on a Sunday afternoon. On to the beer:

The pour yields a beer which is a lighter gold, looking most resemblent to the color of cider. A small head is formed on top, and a few spots of lace are left on the glass. I figuered that the nose would say hops, cuz this is Stone and it's an IPA, but I wasn't expecting this. HOPS!! Fruity, delectable hops. I haven't looked into the hop bill of this recipe, but I want to say New Zealand hops are the majority in this one. Big fruit salad notes, also big on canteloupe, pine, passionfruit, and mango. This could be good.

For a beer with 9.4%, this beer seems much lighter than that, yet retains all the good flavor of such a strong beer. The alcohol is hidden extremely well, and flavors similar in the nose are coming out in full force in the taste; passionfruit, orange, canteloupe, sweet varieties of tropical fruits. And for such a hoppy beer, it's not bitter at all. The beer's body is medium-full, with a very smooth texture and appealing finish.

Where did this come from? And where was I in California when this was released? I was exteremly impressed with Stone on this creation. Time to set the clock when the next version will be released...

4.86/5  rDev +9.7%

Had this at GABF back in October. From multiple sources, all on draft.

Its been a few years since Ive had Pliney the Younger, but that was the last beer I can remember that had such an aggressive nose-full of wonderful hop aroma. From a foot away you can smell fresh pine tree in a glass.

The taste is equally epic. We had this alongside Pliney the Younger (wonderful things happen at GABF). I know its an unfair comparison, but wow was EB over-the top in hops and piney mouth feel by comparison. Just a huge beer for hopheads.

Nice appearance. Superb beer. Wish i had one right now.

look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

A-Golden with a nice white head

S-best smelling IPA I've ever had. Pure grapefruit goodness. Somewhat floral. Pure awesome.

T-comes in with an amazing flavor of crisp grapefruit hops and grains and smooth bitterness. It's a beautiful IPA. Very smooth and refined. After-taste of tropical fruity hops. Great one.

M-medium creamy carbonation with a semi-dry finish

O-extremely impressed and pleased. I tell you I was craving quality hops like no other and this satisfied that craving as well as possible. Such a big smile drinking this. The high abv is lost. Tasting light and smooth.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.