Stone Enjoy By IPA - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Enjoy By IPAStone Enjoy By IPA

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Listing for all Stone Enjoy By xx.xx.xx IPA beers.

(Beer added by: nrs207 on 08-21-2012)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Enjoy By IPA Alström Bros
Bluecane

04-21-2013 06:03:50 | More by Bluecane
SteelersX

06-29-2013 19:35:29 | More by SteelersX
lulubrewer

Kentucky

2.5/5  rDev -43.6%

Enjoy by 7-04-14 tasted on 6-7-14. So very fresh.
I really hate the smell. Smells like gruyere crust to me. I have had the same problem with several stone beers. Since so many love their beers I think that it is simply some kind of reaction with my palate. I don't get the fruity smell lots talk about. The taste is no as bad, but still taste like gruyere to me.
I had the same problem with the go to IPA (not as much though), ruination (more than with the "go to ipa"), the Gotterdammerung.
Must be something wrong with my palate (some reaction to the type of hops they use), so don't judge the beer by my review.

06-07-2014 23:39:12 | More by lulubrewer

Indiana

12-29-2012 06:55:52 | More by vanillacokaine
mychalg9

2.53/5  rDev -42.9%

Poured from a 22oz bottle on the "enjoy by" date of 9/21/12.

A - The pour looks great...a beautiful light copper color with a nice white head.

S - Not very good. Im getting some band-aid or medicine or onion smell that is not appealing AT ALL. I cant quite place what the smell is, but I dont like it.

T- Similar to the smell. The best part is the finish, which tastes like actual hops instead of poison. Getting some biscuit in there as well.

M - The best part of the beer. The tingle from the carbonation reminds me that I am, in actuality, drinking beer and not liquid Tylenol.

O - I was really looking forward to this and it is a huge letdown. I still have half a glass and the other half of the bomber to drink and I dont really even want it. Maybe they use Summit hops and Im getting the "oniony" thing that many people swear by? I dunno if that is the case because I really like Gubna, which supposedly is an "Onion bomb". Or maybe Stone made a mistake and should have called it "Enjoy by 9/20/12 "....

09-22-2012 03:53:54 | More by mychalg9
marzenfannm

New Mexico

2.63/5  rDev -40.6%

Tried this in a tasting at the beer store. Fruity and hoppy to be sure. A bit over the top for my personal preferences. Enjoy By 08-02-13 batch tasted during mid-July 2013.

[I am copying these notes over from RateBeer ... it does not require as long of review. I tasted this some time ago so I can't add anything.]

03-31-2014 02:06:09 | More by marzenfannm
jtierney89

2.65/5  rDev -40.2%

enjoy by 12/21/12 because if i dont the bottle will blow up right? thought about not drinking this till after the enjoy by date to be a prick but i needed a beer now.

Faded golden hue with a big sticky white head. Pungent west coast ipa nose, grapefruit, prominent sweet citrus fruit, and pine. Got a faint underlying tobacco smell as well with very faint sweet malts.

Tastes like an amped up stone ipa with a slicker body, more alcohol, more tannins, and less acidity. This beer is good but nowhere near out of the ordinary with the so called "freshness" not playing a role to me, i've had plenty of brews that taste as fresh as this one well beyond the maturity of this brew. I think the high ratings of this beer really come from the marketing that stone did. On the distribution and retail end of things, stone doesn't do much in the way of out coded beer for the consumer so I guess this is their way of moving through beer quicker without complaints. If this enjoy by series ever gets stale i'm sure stone will never really come personally pull them off the shelves and eat the costs.

12-05-2012 02:37:54 | More by jtierney89
CottomanEmpire

2.69/5  rDev -39.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

It's got a pretty good front, but that aftertaste is like dried orange peels and driftwood. Very hoppy, but not necessarily in a good way. You shouldn't say "finally" when you're finished...

Thinking maybe we got a bad batch, because the three (highly reviewed) beers we had at the establishment were all average at best.

08-27-2013 22:35:30 | More by CottomanEmpire
NewGlarusFan

2.74/5  rDev -38.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

Enjoy by 09-13-13 poured in Lunar Pint Glass

A) Very pretty looking beer, clear, light amber, carbination

S) Pine

T) I wonder if I got a bad bottle, too piney, no sweetness at all.

M) Oily, over carbinated

O) I did not like it, never had a pine bomb before and will never get it again. Sorry Stone

08-28-2013 13:22:02 | More by NewGlarusFan

slackattack

Spain

2.83/5  rDev -36.1%

Enjoy by 7-4-14 model

Pours a clear light amber with nice finger and a half of loosely bubbled head that is persistent and leaves a great lacing. Nose is grapefruit and most notable, tons of tropical fruit especially mango/papaya, maybe even some peach mixed in. Extremely fruity. Taste, unfortunately for me, follows the nose pretty close. I don't know the type of hops off hand but there's a hit of hoppy, piney bitterness and then another assault of tropical fruit. Mouthfeel is what it should be, nothing to brag or gripe about. Overall, there's waaay too much of the tropical fruit sweetness for me. I just don't "enjoy" it. I'll still buy the next one though because this series from Stone is generally one I enjoy.

06-16-2014 06:42:53 | More by slackattack
tyweiss

2.88/5  rDev -35%

poured from a 22 into a pint gass

A: poured from a 22. Looks nice and clean, like it will have great hop flavor. Leaves nice lacing along the whole glass. looks very appealing.

S: Smells like citrus and pine, just what I'd expect form an ipa. The smell leaves with an aftertaste of onions which I'm not so keen about.

T: Taste follow the nose, unfortunately the onion taste overpowers the beautiful west coast IPA
flavors. The citrus and pine are there, but overshadowed by onion. There is a nice bitterness, but still overshadowed by onion. If you hate onions as much as I do maybe you'll agree.

M: Good, medium body. nice carbonation. Feels like it should.

O: Was very excited to try this one, but after having 3 separate brews I have decided to give this one a pass in the future. Too much hype, too much onion.

04-29-2014 04:53:52 | More by tyweiss
JuicesFlowing

Kansas

2.91/5  rDev -34.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Poured into a shaker pint glass. 11-12-13 edition

The beer is a slightly foggy light honey color. An eggshell colored head recedes to a soapy film. Random light lacing on the glass.

Tasmanian hops? Smells like it. Sour, musty grapefruit, and onions. Lots of onions.

Tastes like Tasmanian hops. Grapefruit sourness, a cardboard kind of musty note. And onions.

The mouthfeel is not as heavy as 9.4% suggests.

Overall, I did not like this at all. There is an overwhelming taste of onions, and I find it offensive on the palate and nose. I will try the next Enjoy By and hope for more pine and no onion.

11-10-2013 03:44:54 | More by JuicesFlowing

06-06-2014 06:50:47 | More by DrunkenMonk
100200300

Georgia

02-05-2014 21:04:02 | More by 100200300
Stone Enjoy By IPA from Stone Brewing Co.