Stone Pale Ale - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone Pale AleStone Pale Ale

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 06-23-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone Pale Ale Alström Bros

I am hooked. Whenever I go to the liquor store now, I HAVE to bring home a six-pack of Stone Pale Ale. Period. It is amazing. I love IPA's so I tried Stone's IPA first, wonderful, but a little too strong for a session beer for most folks, as is Arrogant Bastard. If you like IPA, this is as strong as a NORMAL IPA. Which is why I like it: the slap of grapefruit hops hits your nose like Christmas. Perfect: head, lacing, malt balance, dry finish. And HOPS. You are going to love this beer!

4.83/5  rDev +25.5%

After tasting Ruination and Arrogant Bastard, I expected all Stone brewing ales to be totally dominating and ruthless. This on the other hand was beautiful and poetic, yet strong. Appearance a beautiful white head resting on a rather dark orange body. And what a sexy body. The malt aroma was married with the hop. I have never had a beer with such fragrant malts. The flavor was outstanding, both the malts and the hops were aggressive, but not intrusive and announced themselves with grace. I think dry caramel. It is only on the finish that the hops come out ahead.

4.82/5  rDev +25.2%

I picked up a bottle of this beer in a build your own six pack set up a few weeks ago. My father had always told me Stone made some of the best beers he had ever tasted so I decided to take his advice and try Stone Pale Ale.

It was a very rich and rewarding beer to drink so a couple nights ago I picked up a six pack of Stone Pale Ale. If you haven't had this beer before. Try it. You won't regret it.

The look of the beer is similar to many pale ales although it is a bit darker than what most people would consider a "pale ale." This is probably because of the complexity of the hops in the beer. This complexity pays heavy dividends for the ale. The taste was complex, yet not too complex, and the mouthfeel was also satisfying in a slightly refreshing but also slightly spicy way.

The best part of this beer, in my opinion, was the smell. The hard work that the people at Stone brewing company put into this beer's creation is most evident in the complexity of the smell of this ale from when it is freshly poured till the final sip.

4.82/5  rDev +25.2%

One word to start: Impressive.

Pours out to a beautiful copper color. Aroma is that of caramel, hops and fruit. The balance to this Pale Ale is nearly perfect. The hops are tasty, not shocking, and make this beer downright, delicious. I kept humming/singing "Stone Brew" to the tune of Foghat's "Stone Blue" (for the 70s challenged, Foghat was a hard rock act.) as I drank it.

One of, if not the best pale out there. Yum. A big thanks to Murph for sending this my way.

4.8/5  rDev +24.7%

After visiting San Diego in 2006 and tasting this beer I was hopful that I would be able to get it here in North Texas. Well 3 years later it finally showed up in 6 packs at my local Kroger Marketplace @ $11.35 per. As far as I'm concerned it is well worth it. I have drank 2 Six packs since and think it's some of the best American Pale Ale produced. It pour perfectly and made a very nice off white head that stayed with the glass. The blend of hops and malt were just right for my taste. On Superbowl Sunday I drank the beer with Chicken wings and Sliders the beer complemented the food and was a perfect match. I think this beer would go well many difference dishes and certainly by it's self. Enjoy. FS.

4.8/5  rDev +24.7%

This is a very drinkable, well-balanced brew.

Appearance - Good lacing, good retention when aggressively poured. Amber/copper color.

Smell - Faint sweetness, perhaps between brown sugar and caramel.

Taste - Mild fruity hops are followed by a slight malt sweetness that is very well-matched.

Mouthfeel - The hops and light carbonation immediately bite the tongue, leading to a aftertaste of slightly sweet herbal breadiness. Demonstrates a soft bubbliness that adds to the body of the beer.

Drinkability - Very drinkable - light enough for a hot day, character enough for any casual drinking. Not an especially unique beer, but a very well-made example of a American-styled Pale Ale.

4.75/5  rDev +23.4%

Stone Pale Ale from Stone Brewing Co.