Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-25-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) Alström Bros

Jsmercer, Feb 25, 2013

chetw, Jan 30, 2013

truska, Aug 29, 2013
4.2/5  rDev -0.7%

Never gets old. Perfect balance of aggressive hops with malt enough to stand it up. She always looks good poured into a pint glass, she smells delish and the mouthfeel really takes it home. Everything in a west coast stye IPA is here and in near perfect proportions ...

SplitsAtoms, Nov 08, 2013

apbaj, Mar 29, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +12.3%

erwityk, Sep 10, 2014
4.28/5  rDev +1.2%

Man, this is really one bruiser of an IPA. I remember back in grade school, there was this kid I knew who liked to go around kicking other kids in the shins just for grins....you knew that kid, too...we all did. Well, that's what this beer is like, a good swift smack on the ol' palate. It gets your attention, it leaves you hurting a bit, it may even stick around after dinner and insult your taste in books and music, but it sure as hell livens up the day.

It poured a wonderfully cloudy orangeish-amber color. The massive head was a wonder to behold. It didn't overwhelm me with it's nose, and I found that to be surprising. I expected to be bowled over, but instead it merely hinted at the taste to come.

It tasted sweet at first, but that was only a malty ruse. The real kick hit me when the hops took over. Hard to understate how hoppy this beer is, and this is only Stone's entry-level IPA. Citrus and other fruit flavors mixed to leave my tastebuds stunned. It hit my throat with a real bitter twang. I had to stare at it for a minute or two after I had the first swallow. It was just like when that kid kicked me in the shins....I was a little shocked at first, a little amazed that someone would have the nads to come up out of the blue and do something like that. But you know, after I chased that kid down and kicked him back, it was all cool. We were pals. We had bonded. That's how this beer was for me.

Good mouthfeel. Not overwhelmingly thick or anything. Very drinkable for a beer this big, but I wouldn't recommend slamming back too many of these in one sitting. One bomber on a Sunday afternoon was enough for me, but I think I'll chase this guy down again one day for another kick in the tastebuds.

Dubblebock, Nov 12, 2003
4.13/5  rDev -2.4%

Poured into a std pint glass. Good head that provides great lacing throughout the pint. Great hop aroma, a little sweet smelling. Hints of citrus upfront, only to lead straight into crisp hop bitter. Surprsingly drinkable. Yet another quality offering from Stone's.

ProudBeerSnob, May 09, 2009
4.47/5  rDev +5.7%

This is one of my favorite brews that I keep in the cooler all the time. Pours a light to medium body that had wonderful hazy golden yellow hue w/ a frothy 1 inch head that does not let down. What attracts me to this IPA is the intense hop and malt flavor. Starts off watery and bittersweet and ends w/ a long lasting dry bitter taste. Love the tartness it leave on my lips. The aroma is also great. A great blast of citrus grapefruit, malt and a slight hint of alcohol. Well- balance brew and goes great with a new york strip or prime rib entree, bbq or by itself. Enjoy.

GimpyCane, Sep 26, 2006

A very nice light amber color when it hit the glass. Had a decent white head that stuck around for a little bit. Fruity hoppiness in the nose. A solid malt backbone to support the hoppiness of the beer. Perfectly carbonated with a medium body and a clean finish. A very smooth brew. If I wasn't so broke, I'd buy a case right now.

jeremy13586, Mar 06, 2008

NormLobstah, May 25, 2013

ArrogantPrick, Mar 22, 2014

Spiral517, Apr 01, 2014

MattyIce21, Oct 26, 2013
Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) from Stone Brewing Co.