Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)Stone IPA (India Pale Ale)

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-25-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) Alström Bros
Ratings: 9,971 | Reviews: 2,947

What a IPA should be. Full of flavor, crisp and strong. I really enjoyed this one.

Hands down, the king of all beers. This is a wonderfully crafted beer.

Awesome ipa, smooth, delicious, tasty

Love the way it's marketed. Really drawn to the smell and the bitter bite of the hops. Outstanding!

My favorite. Two a day habit. It is the hallmark by which I judge all other beer.

Supremely delicious and crisp! My first and favourite IPA.

Love this IPA

Amazing Amazing Amazing

oh you don't know? but it is my friend, it is.

smacks of hops. smooth start to finish. and within twenty four hours , your palate will be hankering for another nip. Hop-a-delic! And a serious and quite available winner.

Meeeeeow

One of my favorite go-to beers.

Perfect hoppy, mix of pine and lemon. My favorite IPA by far, west coast has it.

SERVING: TAP AND BOTTLE. I prefer tap.
Appearance: Golden with white top
Smell: Piney, strong hoppy.
Taste: Zesty, with lemon plenty of hops.
Mouthfeel: Crisp, refreshing.
Perfect IPA.

Absolutely one of my favorite beers!! honestly can go good with anything, but you are better off enjoying this beer by itself. it has so much too offer, such great combination between the yeast and malt's making this an outstanding brew. you can put this on my list of top beers.

Appearance: clear golden body with a nice-sized fluffy white head. The head has nice retention and decent lacing.

Smell: crisp; of bitter hops but with some sweetness in there too.

Taste: quite bitter, with a bit of a metallic taste to it. Citrus, but more pine profile. The crackery malt is almost an afterthought, but manages to balance out the hops well.

Mouth Feel: crisp and refreshing, with lower carbonation. Sticks to your tongue.

Overall: No doubt about it, this is a well-made IPA. It is on the bitter side of the style, and is a tasty and refreshing beer.

I thought I had drank beer, but then I had a Stone IPA. Now it is the staple beer in my refrigerator. The beer has the perfect amount of hop bitterness that I was missing in regular beers. When you open the bottle the pine smell and aroma makes you know your drinking something special. Definitely my favorite beer.

The ideal IPA. Hoppy not too hoppy. Deliciously fruity.

This is my favorite IPA and a goto beer for me.

Pour - excellent voluminous, frothy pour; leaving a gorgeous three finger, frothy, sea foam head.

Appearance - Very nice, clear amber. Lacing is outstanding.

Nose - The nose is not powerful, but does bring up a nice light grapefruit/pine/resin scent.

Taste - Yummy. Not thick and or over the top; but rather a perfect balance. Ruby Red grapefruit juice, pine resin, yummy sweet malt.

Finish - perfect. Bitter, long lasting, citrus sour.

This is truly a world class beer.

Poured into a pint glass. Pours hazy golden with an abundant, fluffy white head that retains well. As the beer was consumed, there was still plenty of head left on top as well as abundant lacing down the glass. The aroma is of sweet malts as well as plenty of pine and citrus from the hops. It's a very bright and inviting smell. The flavor is fantastic. The big malty sweetness is balanced by big hop flavors. The citrus flavors accompany the sweetness into the mouth while the piney bitterness hits the back end. It's incredibly well balanced. The body of this beer is medium to full and the carbonation is adequate. The beer coats the mouth really well. Overall, this is an incredible beer. This should be the gold standard for this style. Stone hit a home run with this beer.

I liked this beer a lot. Looking for a good beer I'm glad I happened upon this one. I give it an A.

Appearance is a beautiful amber, nice and cloudy with a good head of foam. A robust citrus smell with a bitter taste. Not too hoppy. A fine IPA, a very enjoyable experience. I will be getting more of this asap.

Jesus what an incredible beer. After having tried (and enjoyed on several occasions) some Arrogant Bastard Ale (in a bomber no less) I purchased a 6 pack of Stone IPA for $9 today. My immediate reaction? Jesus. The pour is nothing short of beautiful. A foam head at least 1" thick comes up as soon as the beer hits the glass. The color of the beer itself appears to be the same color as honey is. The smell is definitely a lot of hops, with a strong scent of pine as well. Very, very hoppy. Taste-wise, between the intense amount of hops being present in the beer and the taste of pine and a tiny bit of grapefruit, it's one of a few beers that is actively kicking my ass. All in all, this is a beer that is automatically on my top five list.

I'd like to start off by saying this is my favourite beer in the world, so if you're looking for an objective opinion, keep looking.

Stone IPA pours a golden straw colour, almost perfectly clear with a healthy head and very respectable lacing. The smell is completely dominated by the hops, but its so much more than that. Citrus and pine tones are mixed with an ever-so-slight maltiness to form the perfect bouquet. The taste is, well, incredible. The most intensely piney hops I've ever tasted in a beer (not including Ruination of course) are somehow balanced up front with the malt they've chosen. The aftertaste is almost just as intense and it's quite dry. Overall, I've already said it. A perfect example of an American IPA, and a perfect beer.

A: Pours a clear bright straw pale with some caramel tones and a nice 1 finger frothy white head with clinging lace.

S: Smells of fruity citrus hops and a nice clean yeast profile.

T: Nice hoppy punch of citrus and pine. Well balanced with a decent caramel maltiness that carries a residual sweetness throughout each drink. Dries out the mouth with some pucker and gives off just a tad of heat.

M: Overall a light medium body and probably the only beer I can drink straight from the bottle. This is one of my favorite beers from Stone.

D: An excellent bold IPA that is incredibly smooth and quite sessionable.

Probably a standard in the American IPA category. A showcase of a very well balanced brew. Hoppy but not offensive to the palate in any way with a solid malt base to balance it out.

Serving type: bottle/ straight from the bottle and favorite flute Stone IPA glass.

My favorite all around regular IPA hands down. I'd buy this one every single time if it wasn't so expensive for a 6 pack. I understand though why it costs so much because its really top notch, top quality beer. Many IPA's use a lot of the similar American hops but for some reason the way this is brewed it comes out very unique in its smell and flavor. I can't compare this to any other beer really. The smell is just fantastic it has a huge smell of pine and this pungent perfume citrus, floral, flowery smell. Others have said this could be a cologne for hop heads and really it could. It has that sort of a thick quality hop perfume smell to it underneath the upfront pine smell.

The taste is just like the smell hitting you with crisp refreshing hops up front a surprising bready malt quality and that famous long bitter citrus/ pine finish. It's very drinkable and probably the most refreshing IPA I've ever had without being too light bodied. If you are looking for hop bitterness this one is it. This IPA has a higher bitterness than most double/imperial IPA's... not to mention a ridiculous amount of hop flavor. I just can't say enough good things about this beer.

The hop bitterness, the bready malt and the hop pine flavor is everything you could ever ask for in this style of beer. West coast IPA's usually have this sort of pungent different smelling and tasting IPA but this one nails that unique quality of a west coast beer. The only one that I've tried that comes close is Sierra Nevada's Torpedo ale but I'd say this has a richer taste to it plus more hoppy bitterness. Thank you Greg Koch for my favorite IPA to date.

I started the evening with a black butte porter (bottle) -- great beer.. then I tried a Stone IPA. I had never had it before but I could tell after the first drink that it was good. Actually it was a great beer , very easy to drink . Can't wait to try it again . Wasn't as good the 2nd time.. seems more of a summer beer.

Appearance: Pours with a 1-finger head that dissipates rather quickly, leaving a light layer on top & a nice lacing throughout drinking. Golden color with a slight haze

Smell: This beer smells amazing. The hops aroma flows right through you.

Taste: Tastes better than it smells.

Mouthfeel: Goes down clean with a nice hoppy finish, leaving your mouth watering after every drink.

Drinkability: Yes!

must start by saying this IS my favorite IPA to date..

Have to, Have to, Have to, pour this into a mug or glass!

A - looks like heaven would look like...cloudy because of the unfiltered process (which is my favorite)
S - smells like angels - kind of piney...awesome!
T - best tasting IPA to date (at least for me) perfect in every way!
MF - great!
D- simply amazing! I need to have at least one a week to stay sane...you will not be disappointed!

Stone IPA (India Pale Ale) from Stone Brewing Co.