Stone / Farking / Wheaton W00tstout - Stone Brewing Co.

Stone / Farking / Wheaton W00tstoutStone / Farking / Wheaton W00tstout

Stone Brewing Co. visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  13.00% ABV

Ale brewed with pecans, wheat, & rye, with one quarter aged in bourbon barrels. Brewed at Stone Brewing Company with Greg Koch, Drew Curtis (Fark) and Wil Wheaton.

(Beer added by: Alieniloquium on 07-13-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Stone / Farking / Wheaton W00tstout Alström Bros

Had this a day after it was released and it was smooth chocolaty pecan heaven! About to open one this labor day weekend and I will have a rating on how it aged over the last year and a month :) I searched out 3 bottles and had it 3 times on draft! This beer was worth the search and the cheap Stone Bomber price of $9.99!! Thanks stone. Hope the 2.0 is this generous :)

I had been anxiously awaiting this beer since I heard about it a few weeks ago. You see, Wil Wheaton and I are twins separated at birth--well we were separated while our real mom gestated Wil a couple of years longer than me. But I digress.

The beer is outstanding; I'm relatively new to these ultra high alcohol brews like Goose Island's BCBS, Burton Baton, Ten Fidy, etc. Wheaton and Farking have made a beer comparable to the big boys. Really I think it's just as good. Of course, as expected, it's a sipping beer.

Poured a 22oz bottle into a Color is black like a guiness and completely opaque. Very finely carbonated head that sticks around forever. Nice and sweet tasting, syrupy consistency too. There's the obvious and expected alcohol warming, and wood, leather flavors. I am not sure I taste the nuts; though it's certainly nutty--but so is Burton Baton, brewed without them.

I like how it tasted at each of the temperatures it went through during my 20-30 minute 12oz affair with this beer. All in all it deserves more than the current rating of 90. I'm sure as more reviews are added the score will better reflect its true characteristics.

Stone / Farking / Wheaton W00tstout from Stone Brewing Co.