This Little Piggy Went To Dark Horse - Bacon Ale - Dark Horse Brewing Company

to view more.
Ratings: 23 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by the Alström Bros:
4.07/5  rDev +4.6%

The beer comes in a light golden orange.

The aroma is pure bacon, no other way to describe it.

The flavor follows of smoked meat, bacon, a charred wood chip flavor throughout. The beer surprisingly does not taste "greasy" like bacon, but instead has a good amount of smoked flavor. A tinge of sweetness to balance the smoke out. Quite well done for a beer trying to tastes like bacon.

3.69/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

A-Sample at EBF. Pours a pig copper color.

S-Oink. A liquified version of the fried swine. Salty and cured meat. Very smoky.

T-A smoky, meaty, bacon clone. I often dislike beers with that stress the smoke and back this much. For some reason this me works for me. It's not just like a Rauchbier, it actually has a meaty element to it, or at very least I have been hypnotized by the name.

M-Lighter bodied. Prickly carbonation. Flavor thankfully doesn't linger for too long.

O/D-I am really shocked that I enjoyed this beer. I think a small sample of this is perfect. I bet if I had to eliminate a full pint of this the rating would be lower.

to view more.
This Little Piggy Went To Dark Horse - Bacon Ale from Dark Horse Brewing Company