1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Queen's Ale – Blonde Type - Hite Brewery Company LTD

Queen's Ale – Blonde TypeQueen's Ale – Blonde Type

Hite Brewery Company LTD visit their website
Korea (South)

English Pale Ale |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: Hoppsbabo on 10-01-2013)
3.63/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Ok so let me explain this rating. First you need to understand Korean beer. The big three here are Cass, Hite, and OB. All of them are skunky nasty lagers. There is also an obsession with lagers here. Sweet German and Belgian Beers are all the rage. You can get hoppier beers but they are usually imports and bloody expensive. So this "Blond Type" really threw me off at first. I expected a blond ale. I did not get one. I got something better. While I still prefer the extra bitter version of this ale, I have to say this is one of the the only really solid beer I've found that's made in Korea outside of the adjunct lager type. The color is a brilliant amber, the smell is pretty good floral with nice bitter undertones, the taste is a bit confusing at first but really is somewhere between an American IPA and a blonde ale. I'm not sure that British Pale Ale really does it justice, but ok sure I could see it fitting that taste profile. The mouth feel is great actually. I expect Korean beers to be sticky and slightly nasty (sorry I've lived here for the last year, good beer has been largely lacking) This drinks a bit bitter, smooth, no alcohol overtones, not sticky. A great great summer beer. Especially when served at about 40 degrees which is where I prefer most of my summer beers. So this actually would be rated higher if people knew what they were getting when they bought it. I pay about 3,500 won for a 16 oz can here (about 3.46) if they brought this to the USA at a similar price point I would be hesitant. Beer here is much more expensive than in the US. But if they licensed it so I could get it closer to 2 dollars a can in the US? I would drink it often.

hoppyhound, Jul 01, 2014
3.43/5  rDev +3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a finger of head on a clear medium straw colored body.
The aroma has a nice tropical fruitiness to it: mango and pineapple mostly.
The taste is on the lighter side. Mild lemon candy bitterness and some pine. A descent balance.
The texture is fizzy, which takes away from the otherwise nice profile.
Not bad if you're looking for a light but flavorful beer.

Fatehunter, Feb 19, 2014
2.94/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

A: Clear but dull light amber colour. Big foamy head.

S: Fruity hops and fudge. Burned caramel. Ooer, nice-uh!

T: CARDBOARD, and lots of. The bittering hops are well off the mark. There's a lot of pleasant banana–like/solvent/nail varnish, but in a 5.4% beer?!!! It is citrusy and there are hints of woodiness but the flavours simply don't work in harmony.

O: Young South Koreans are getting fed up with their domestic piss and are willing to pay more for imports. This is HiteJinro's response to that growing demand - a faux craft beer - and it's not going to cut it.

Hoppsbabo, Oct 01, 2013
Queen's Ale – Blonde Type from Hite Brewery Company LTD
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.