Follow our progress ...

Rye IPA 75 | Bluegrass Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Bluegrass Brewing Co.
Kentucky, United States | website

Style: American IPA

Rye 75 IPA is a tribute to our friends along Interstate 75. The complex malt flavor in this IPA is afforded by a blend of pale barley, rye, and caramel malts. Rye 75’s malty sweetness is balanced with the spicy malt flavor from a generous addition of rye malt. In addition to its big malt profile, Rye 75 is balanced with an equally assertive dose of American hops yielding 75 IBUs. The additions of Cascade and Columbus hops, not only bitter this beer, but also lend a very citrus and floral flavor and aroma.

Added by bheilman on 04-27-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by bheilman:
4.07/5  rDev n/a

I picked this beer up at Whole Foods in Louisville. I had never seen it before, but I had seen other beers by BBC, so I was surprised it hadn't been reviewed before. Anyway, it has a nice rich amber color. The smell is more hoplike but does have a scnet of sweetness. The flavor is really good. It's bitter with the hops providing a bit of citrus, but also provides more sweetness than usual for an IPA. I'm thinking the sweetness is from the rye. The aftertaste is nice and more typical of a traditional IPA. The beer is smooth and easy to drink; I could go for a few of these on a warm summer day.

Rye IPA 75 from Bluegrass Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.