Follow our progress ...

Wild Huckleberry Wheat Lager | Great Northern Brewing Co. / Black Star Draught House

YOUR RATING = None |
good

Wild Huckleberry Wheat LagerWild Huckleberry Wheat Lager

Great Northern Brewing Co. / Black Star Draught House
Montana, United States | website

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

A light lager blended with real Montana huckleberry juice. Not bitter or overly sweet; extremely refreshing.

Added by Todd on 08-08-2003

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 28 | Ratings: 71
3.47/5  rDev -2.5%

Not bad at alll....I'm a little surprised at this....pours a cloudy yellow/gold...nose is a sweet huckelbery/vanilla mix...the vanilla notes must be from the yeast strain they use as it has been evident in all the beers of theirs I have tried.

The huckleberry flavor is really subtle and works nicely in this wheat beer....combines with that vanilla flavor nicely...a bit watery in the mouth...i wouldn't want more than a couple of these but a nice flavored wheat beer...better than average and worth a try...thanks again to Budgood1 for this new and unique brew...

4.12/5  rDev +15.7%

This is a very interesting beer. Doesn't look like much. No head to speak of. No lacing. But the beer is a slightly clouded orange-straw color. Smell those huckles! Tastes very refreshing. There's a slight wheat flavor. I'm teetering on the mouthfeel. It's nice and crisp at first, but the aftertaste is a little too tangy. I guess it gets you to taste more to get rid of the aftertaste and have some more of the good taste.

4.2/5  rDev +18%

I originally sampled this beer a few year ago while I was on vacation in Montana. I went to the brewery and had this beer in bottles. This is a unique, crisp wheat beer. I tried it as a novelty, because of the huckleberries. I really enjoyed it. The huckleberries really work well because of their tart/sweet flavor.
I hadn't seen or taste huckleberries until I had gone to Montana. They are about the size of a pea; slightly darker in color than a blueberry and bright red on the inside. They have a very tangy flavor.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Wild Huckleberry Wheat Lager from Great Northern Brewing Co. / Black Star Draught House