Belhaven Premium Scottish Export - Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.

Belhaven Premium Scottish Export
No picture uploaded.

Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd. visit their website
United Kingdom (Scotland)

Scottish Ale |  3.90% ABV

(Beer added by: kmacphail on 03-22-2009)
Reviews by kmacphail:
3.8/5  rDev +0.3%

I had a few bottles of this in the Park Guest House in Stornoway, when I asked for a beer I was told it was Belhaven so I expected a pint of Best to come along.

However I was surprised when a dark mahogany red beer with a thin white head was placed in front of me. The head died quickly but I was still looking surprised at the colour.

The beer had only a faint nose, some malts and a bit of vanilla sweetness. Not unpleasant, just very faint.

The taste was very refreshing, initial hit of malts combined with caramel, toffee and a slight aftertaste of burnt fruitiness. This was quite similar to McEwan's Export, not quite as nice though. As with most commercial beers the body was a bit weaker than it should have been, but this was still a beer, not as weak as a lager.

I sampled several more of these throughout my meal and at the end asked to see the bottle, this was not one I had seen before but on asking the owner he said that this was there regular beer and he informed me it was not seasonal.

A nice change from the only 'beer' in a restaurant being Tennent's lager (urghh!!!!). A very nice beer, especially for those who enjoyed McEwan's Export.

kmacphail, Mar 22, 2009
3.58/5  rDev -5.5%

Creamy covering of off-white head leaves some lacing. Murky copper/brown, loads of sediment floating around.
Toasty/earthy/toffee malt dominates aroma, some dark chocolate.
Taste is much the same, sweet toffee and toasted malts.
A bit watery.
Very easy drinking, and at 3.9% you really would get through quite a few of these without too much trouble.

CrazyDavros, Apr 06, 2009

ROGUE16, Nov 17, 2011
Belhaven Premium Scottish Export from Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.