Krušovice Cerne - Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.

Krušovice CerneKrušovice Cerne

good

Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s. visit their website
Czech Republic

Schwarzbier |  3.80% ABV

(Beer added by: stoutman on 06-08-2003)
« first ‹ prev | 226-250 | 251-275 | 276-300  | next › last »
2.48/5  rDev -30.3%

Looks wonderful, dark brown with 2 fingers of swelling tan head, awesome retention.
Raisin and honey malt aroma, alcohol is noticeable in the nose.
bitter chocolate roastiness, fading into a raisin-y sweetness, not a whole lot of hop presence or lingering notes of anything.
Mouthfeel was a real let down, bordering on diet water.
I feel like this beer would be great with a heavier body. I'd drink it again, but I'm not going out of my way to find it.

moester13, Apr 05, 2011
3.65/5  rDev +2.5%

Krusovice Cerne is a very dark beer but with a fluid pour. The head is a thick caramel color and laces the glass beautifully. The smell of hops is pungeant, but the hoppy taste you would expect is not there. The flavor is that of coffee and caramel.

You would think the beer would be a thick stout by the color, but it is actually a rather smooth beer to drink. The beer has the tendancy to coat your tongue which is less appealing, but the taste is similar to that of its smell.

Anthony88, Dec 17, 2010
2.08/5  rDev -41.6%

Accidental purchase wanted to buy their fairly solid Pilsner won't make this mistake again.

Adjuncts create a sickeningly sweet taste that results in a cross between a Schwarzbeir and a NA Malt beverage. Low alcohol.

It pours like a promising Schwarz, but smells and tastes like soda. Completely wrong for me. It has some good roasty malts that helped me finish this but overall it's a bad brew. Too sweet, flavor seems piped in from the additional malts and artificial flavors. Hard to finish the bottle.

TripelMajor, Jul 08, 2007

Spurlos, Jan 27, 2012

DRC, Jun 12, 2012

Evgen, Oct 04, 2013
3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

todd101, Oct 20, 2013
3.05/5  rDev -14.3%

Boy, is this one a disappointment. I'd had plenty of Schwarzbier when over in Berlin (Markischer Landman comes to mind) and I could have sworn they had more kick than this. This beer pours beautifully (nice head) and looks impressive (deep rich ruby), but bottom line... it's just plain watery. What little notes there are, are lost in the thinness. And 3.8% ABV just don't cut it. Isn't this what they call, in the States, "Sunday beer"? Not for me!

Mthom, Apr 02, 2009
4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

mikiboj, Mar 19, 2013
4.03/5  rDev +13.2%

A very smooth schwarzbier that pours a white head that leaves some lacing while slowly disappearing. Colour is deep dark, almost black, but not quite there. Tastes are not very clear (not for me at least). Some coffee, dry hay. Drinkability is good: leaves a fresh feeling afterwards.

Sinse, Nov 24, 2005
3.38/5  rDev -5.1%

750 ml bottle poured into pint glass: Deep ruby color with a frothy off-white head and some nice thick lacing. I'm surprised at how well the head settled down, given the huge cascade that ensued when poured into the bottom of the glass. Thin aroma of brown malts with a slighly off odor like wet paperboard. The flavors don't begin until the back of the tongue, on the sides, where an initial subtle hit of dark bitterness quickly subsides to a mellow sweetness. This is a lighter schwarzbier than most I've had, and as I've said, the malt character is more 'brown' than 'black'. The mouthfeel is, however, excellent in its balance. Very smooth with a medium body and low alcohol, the first sip left me feeling like I could drink this all night. Were it not that the aroma leaves something to be desired, I probably would. But as pmcadamis said, this beer would likely pair well with BBQ foods among others. Very sessionable if you're content with the aroma.

BoucheGulp, May 10, 2007
3.68/5  rDev +3.4%

I picked this beer up at a local package store to give it a go. Not a bad beer, but nothing super special about it.

Appearance- Lovely dark red body with a very fluffy head. The head pours about 2-3 fingers and slowly tapers to about a quarter inch after four-five minutes.

Smell- Not too much of a smell to this beer. Has an airy, woody smell. Like you are in a humid redwood forest, is the best I can describe it. Pleasant, but not strong.

Taste- Very hoppy initial taste with a smooth, fresh finish. Does not have the coffee, nutty, or chocolate taste of other dark beers. The carbonation is quite high in this beer which gives a very airy after taste. Slight bite two seconds after the swallow, in a good way.

Mouthfeel- Slightly heavy initial, but dissipates into a dry feeling afterwards. Strange for a beer with such low alcohol content. The high carbonation is pleasant.

Drinkability- Feels heavy after a pint. Could probably drink 2-3 in a hour tops before feeling too full. However, it is very enjoyable and is not a quick drink kind of beer.

Overall, I enjoy the beer but its not one that I will exclusively go after or try to find. I would like to try it on tap.

subyman, Sep 18, 2010
4.28/5  rDev +20.2%

I had this beer in Prague last week and enjoyed it immensely. While I admit to having had my fill of Pilsener Urquell leading up to it, and therefore being ripe for a dark beer (more my preference), I still felt the flavor and consistency were each notably positive. It had the endearing characteristic of leaving my appetite whetted for more, and I obliged happily, letting the full flavor and pleasant mouthfeel take over. I recommend this beer.

Sprows, Apr 12, 2004
3.25/5  rDev -8.7%

cochranez, Apr 10, 2014
4.03/5  rDev +13.2%

1st beer review! Gotta start somewhere so here it goes...

Krusovice Cerne 0.5 liter bottle served in a 0.5 liter mug.

Appears dark with some deep red/brown coloring, about half an inch of tan head leaving minimal lacing as I drink. Hints of carmel in the taste, light and smooth with mild carbonation. Not as complex/full as say Kostritzer, but a good beer none the less. Krusovice Cerne is easy to drink and would make a good starter beer in the schwarzbier style.

amesirish, Aug 14, 2007

vvivan, Mar 13, 2014

jonfenlviv, Aug 11, 2014
« first ‹ prev | 226-250 | 251-275 | 276-300  | next › last »
Krušovice Cerne from Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.