Krušovice Velvet - Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.

Krušovice Velvet
No picture uploaded.
good

Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s. visit their website
Czech Republic

Euro Dark Lager |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Globetrotter on 08-04-2003)
3.75/5  rDev +4.2%

Rhettroactive, May 18, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

Noelito76, Nov 19, 2013
3.45/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Drank this several times while abroad in the Czech republic

Golden red color, slight sweet smell, cascading bubbles, slight sweetness, easy to drink, but nothing overly special.

I had it on tap, and would recommend it this way, I had one that was not on tap (they did not say whether it was bottle or can) and it did not taste nearly as good.

digita7693, Jan 25, 2010

Not the best dark lager i've had so far but a pretty good drinker with a heavy dinner. Had it with goulash and grilled meats. The beer is a dark brown, not too great on the carbonation but a decent flavor. I would stick with the pilsner of this brewer.

david18, Jul 16, 2009
4.58/5  rDev +27.2%

Studying in Prague for a month one summer introduced me to a lot of new beers...Velvet being second most memorable losing only to Pilsner Urquell.

Despite being labeled a "Dark Lager" I found it extremely easy to drink...and refreshing even...on the hottest summer days. It's not often you run into a bar sweating and looking for a beer that has a creamy mouthfeel.

The appearance (out of the nitro-tap) was similar to that of Guiness but of a much lighter hue...almost golden. The head was thick and creamy, like a stout.

It has been 4 years since I have had my last Velvet so I apologize for the half-assed review. I was just such a great beer I had to put in my two-cents.

LemZeppelin, Dec 03, 2008
3.98/5  rDev +10.6%

A superb beer. I traveled through Eastern Europe for a few weeks recently with a "who's who" list of beers to sample (though, oddly, I failed to look for some of the more esoteric Trappist brews...ugh).

This wasn't a name I was at all familiar with, and, frankly, it was a rather strange appelation for a Czech beer. Smooth, fantastic mouthfeel, and a taste rich with sweetness, a citrus/lemony aftertaste, and a fruit tang that reminded me of plums and cherries. Just delightful in every respect. Strangely, I found this in Brattislava (in an Irish bar no less!!), after not finding it in any pub in Prague.

Overlord, Jul 19, 2007
4.35/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Velvet is an exceptional beer from the nitro tap or the nitro tap or the nitro bottle. Anytime else, ignore it. But since i have just poured a gorgeous can of the stuff I shall be reviewing that.

Appearance is just gorgeous. Pours a gorgeous amber with a cascading head effect similar (though not as impressive) as guinness. Leaves a nice lace.

Smell is the weakpoint. From the smell I'd assume an overly malty super sweet beer.

Fantastic, if subdued flavor, The Malt and hops are in perfect harmony leaving flavors of malt and coffee. Very tasty to say the least. I personally prefer a slightly bolder flavor so it only gets a 4.5. Still, wonderful to the toungue.

Mouthfeel is simply amazing. It's as god as it's namesake and then some. Low carbonation, and flavors that just scream smooth. Amazing beer.

Not too sweet or too alchoholic, so I could drink these all night.

Great beer. simply great.

Charthepirate, Nov 16, 2003
3.1/5  rDev -13.9%

Wow, what a change. Not exactly sure why, but without the nitro pour this is only average. Lost is the sweet cascading pour, the never-ending head, and for some reason, it just doesn't taste as exciting. Still a good beer, but for the love of God, get it in nitro can form!

RocketWidget, Oct 17, 2003
3.38/5  rDev -6.1%

I'm not real sure what type of brew this is. It came out an orange amber hue under a very creamy tan head that looked like the top of a capuchino. The nose was very hoppy, without much of anything else. The mouth was overly carbonated, with a light body. The initial taste was a bit watery, as there really isn't much malt here at all. The hops come out soon enough, though, providing a nice bitter bite in the finish and a lovely lingering aftertaste. As a hophead, I liked it, but it could use a bit more malt for the body.

Globetrotter, Aug 04, 2003
Krušovice Velvet from Královský Pivovar Krušovice a.s.