Follow our progress ...

Foggy Goggle Belgian White | FiftyFifty Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

FiftyFifty Brewing Co.
California, United States | website

Style: Witbier

Added by mcallister on 02-28-2007

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.34/5  rDev -7.5%

I had this on-tap at Capone's during Philly beer week. Poured into a sample glass.

Appearance: Pours a foggy golden color with a layer of white head and good retention.

Smell: This beer is light and just a bit sweet. It kind of reminds me of pickling spice.

Taste: The picking spice from the smell is here. I guess it must be the spices they added to the beer that is pointing me in that direction. I'm also getting some tart citrus that carries through the finish.

Mouthfeel: The body is medium with lots of tingly carbonation and a dry finish.

Overall: This is a weird one, but it grew on me as I drank it. Not sure if adjusting the spices would help. Very different.

3.8/5  rDev +5.3%

Draught at the brewpub. Hazy dark gold with a medium head that has decent retention. Generously spicy in the nose, with lots of orange, lemon, and grapefruit as well. The flavor has the same citrus flavors with low bitterness and a spicy finish. I had this first in 2008 and it was underattenuated and a little over-spiced, but another sample this past summer showed that they dried it out a little and cleaned the flavors up. Nice and creamy texture with a medium-light body. Pretty flavorful and interesting wit overall.

Foggy Goggle Belgian White from FiftyFifty Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.