Imperial Eclipse Stout - Evan Williams Bourbon - FiftyFifty Brewing Co.

Imperial Eclipse Stout - Evan Williams BourbonImperial Eclipse Stout - Evan Williams Bourbon

FiftyFifty Brewing Co. visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.90% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: largadeer on 12-02-2010)

This beer pours an obsidian black color with a brown, thin but fluffy head. The head fades slowly, leaving very little lace.

This beer smells less aggressive than I was expecting. I detect, of course, bourbon. But I also detect raisins, vanilla, and chocolate.

This beer tastes like it smells. A lot more mild than I would expect. Raisins, chocolate, bourbon, dates, and vanilla all mix in wonderfully. It has a sweet malty backbone to it as well. This beer tastes amazing!

This beer is very thich and full bodied. The alcohol is present in the finish. It warms slightly on the way down. It leaves an oaky bourbon aftertaste.

This beer would not make a good session beer. It is a sipper for sure.

Overall: I think this is the best bourbon aged beer I have ever had. It is just amazing. I like how it isnt overly aggressive.

Bottle # 2131 of the 2010 vintage

Reviewed from notes on 1/10/11:

A: Pours jet black with a very thin layer of khaki colored head.

S: Holy cow. A beautiful bourbon smell wafts into my nose, I love that smell. Vanilla and oak are also present too.

T: My taste buds just died and went to beer heaven. Bourbon and oak taste dominate but in a way that makes you want to drink more. The roasted malts are there but definitely play second fiddle to the bourbon and oak.

M: It is very creamy and smooth. Out of this world.

D: This is the first beer I've given a perfect score to. I drank the 22oz by myself and felt a little guilty for not sharing. I wish I had another one.

I can't see, smell taste or feel anything remotely average about this beer. it is simply exceptional. it doesn't hurt, of course, that I love imperial stout and whiskey. a combination made in so called heaven.

the 2010 vintage with a black wax top.

appears to have very little carbonation. a very thin head of medium sized bubbles rings the glass at the vertex of the beer and glass. its dark black, almost pitch black save for a relatively amber transplant edge.

smells strongly of bourbon. delicious. taste is heavy roasted malts, chocolate, coffee, honey and boozy licorice. feels great in my mouth, very sippable.

Imperial Eclipse Stout - Evan Williams Bourbon from FiftyFifty Brewing Co.