XHP (Extra Hopped Pale) - Jupiter

XHP (Extra Hopped Pale)
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Jupiter visit their website

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Beer added by: bcm119 on 10-28-2009

4.02/5  rDev -0.7%

Light and quaffable, with a crisp citrusy hop character.
Decent enough.

I guess I don’t have much more to add to this review right now. This sure ain’t poetry.
Beer reviews can be like that sometimes.

4.01/5  rDev -1%

Nice looking beer. I'd like a bit more off the nose, to be frank. Or a lot more. Flavor is nice and bitter. This truly is a pale ale, not obnoxiously hopped up and putting it out of style range. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd say this was an English style pale ale with a good bit of American pale ale influence. I guess I'm trying to say that it's mellow and not overdone and very well executed. A pleasing pale ale.

4.47/5  rDev +10.4%

Comes out nice and light, almost yellow, lots of clarity, pure white head to it. Dry hopping, and a massive pungent amount for a pale ale is going on here.

Taste is a fairly light beer, even for a pale, kind of makes me think like xtra pale, xtra hopped should have some use as a slogan/device for this beer. Hops, fresh feeling to the beer (no doubt enhanced by their patio on a decent spring day).

Pairs excellent w/ their IO pizza as well. I can't get over how absent almost anything else is on this beer, keeps the bitterness down while allowing the vegetableish hop deal, dry hopped so much that it seems like a harvest ale on day 1 or somethin'. Drinkability as they say, is epicly high here.

Really dig all these sessionable but massively hopped beers lately in the 4-5% range. I think this one was 5.6 actually (like SNPA the standard, although a massively different beer/hop thing going on w/ that beer, but this beer isn't about them, but I'm talking about them in the review, so that's how legitimately competitive I guess the XHP is, but I digress).

Anyways, a lovely beer.

3.95/5  rDev -2.5%

This is a fairly new offering by Jupiter, and it seems to be quite popular, and apparently will be a year round brew. It is a dry-hopped Pale Ale.

Clear copper color, thin but sticky white lace.

Citrusy (orange rind), flowery nose.

Bright, fresh citrus-like hops up front, with a distinct orange note. I suspect Summit hops. Lean, pale malt base offers only a fleeting floral sweetness. A hefty white grapefruit rind bitterness underlies the light floral/fruity flavors. Light to medium body with prickly carbonation.

A very nice APA. Clean hop flavors with a tight malt profile and plenty of drying bitterness in the finish. A good choice for a few pints at Jupiter, although I think its served a little too cold; consistently fresh, unlike many of their guest taps.

XHP (Extra Hopped Pale) from Jupiter
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.