Pannepot - De Struise Brouwers

PannepotPannepot

De Struise Brouwers visit their website

Quadrupel (Quad) |  10.00% ABV

Old Fisherman's Ale is a dark ale brewed with spices. Pannepot is a term that describes the Fishing Boats from the village of De Panne. Brewed and bottled on the Deca Brewery in Woesten-Vleteren.

EBC:99, IBU:27, OG:1100, FG:1025, ABV:10%
Hops: Bramling Cross, Hallaertau MF

(Beer added by: TheLongBeachBum on 12-14-2006)

Pours a spectacular chocolate brown with a thin cream-colored head. I got a very complex aroma of spices and some fruity sweetness. The taste made my mouth as pleased as my nose had been. A wonderful blend of flavors rolled across my palate, starting with delicious malty sweetness. I also got some raisin-like flavors that balanced out the malt, as well as a handful of other spicy flavors blended deliciously into the brew. I love the Belgian beers and this one is at the top of the list of beers I would order at every chance I get. Simply spectacular.

mvcramer, Sep 01, 2007

Britton, Nov 19, 2011

JulianB, Mar 22, 2013

slainte35, May 18, 2013

Beerontwowheels, Nov 15, 2011

thanks to Oxymoron for this!!!
11.2 oz(2006) bottle> 12 oz Postel chalice glass.

This one basically exploded as I tried to pour it...I only got about half of the bottle in my glass due to the fact that it had warmed up to room temp overnight, so I s l o w l y poured out the rest in two tries.. The head is amazing, lively and fluffy...this thing has a life of it's own...a full three fingers at least is observed, but it's brilliant the head is tight, smooth and even but very fluffy. Ultra-sticky lacing is left after a slow dissipation. The color is a dense amber brown with no light getting through. Folks, this is what a Belgian Quad should look like!

The sweet malt scent is simply mouthwatering, big-ripe red fruits, tangy berries, smokey cedar wood, caramel, mild heat tingle, all spice, chocolate brownies, raspberries with vanilla on top, wild black berries, brown sugar and mild cinnemon. Yeah...it's that complex PLUS some.

The flavor is mind-blowing, I was stunned...I've had a few decent quads before, but this one stands out as my favorite. Th depth and complexity here is as good as I've ever had. The malt flavor's alone are "beyond the pale" with rich chocolate chunks, smokey toffee, pure amber candied sugar, and then there's the wonderful balance of herbal and earthy hops, not at all bitter, slightly leafy but very "fresh" tasting. The hop flavors flow out of the malt in a perfect way, delicate but impressive enough to really enjoy the two together, it's a total tream effort here. The 10 % abv is very well hidden, and only adds further depth with warming effect that makes you conpemplate every sip...I just didn't want this experience to end. This is 11.2 oz's of pure bliss, If I could have a lifetime supply of one brew, this just might be the one.

The feel in a word: Luxurious. full bodied, classicly clean and crisp with that heavy champgne-like feel that is both smooth and lively. you just wanna roll this liguid around in the mouth, make it hit every part of the palate....your brain will thank you.

This brew is simply the highest quality stuff I've ever had, I'm in love folks. I hope my girlfriend won't be too jelous, but I'm already getting funny looks as I finish this off. A rightous brew indeed.

GratefulBeerGuy, Feb 07, 2008