2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Aardmonnik - Earthmonk - De Struise Brouwers

Aardmonnik - EarthmonkAardmonnik - Earthmonk

De Struise Brouwers visit their website

Flanders Oud Bruin |  8.00% ABV

Brewed and bottled on the Deca Brewery in Woesten-Vleteren.

Oud Vlaams Bruin - Blend 30% Old & 70% New

EBC:52, IBU:15, OG:1078, FG:1018, ABV:??
Hops: Bramling Cross, Hallertau MF

(Beer added by: TheLongBeachBum on 12-14-2006)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 255 | Reviews: 174 | Show All Ratings:
mdfb79

from 01/08/12 notes. Thanks to bmanning for sharing this one; thanks Ben. 2008 vintage.

a - Pours a dark brown color with one inch of off white head and light to moderate carbonation.

s - Sour of sour dark fruits, vinegar, sweet dark fruits, light spice, yeast, and lactic notes. Not overly sour but it is there. Pretty nice.

t - Tastes of sour fruits, sweet dark fruits, raisins, figs, vinegar, and yeast. Taste again is a little sour and sweet at the same time.

m - Medium body and low carbonation. Pretty easy to drink.

o - Overall I thought this was a very good beer. It's not super sour but a very nice mix of sour fruit/vinegar with sweet fruits. Interested to see what my fresh bottle tastes like.

01-10-2012 00:51:38 | More by mdfb79
Mar02x

Netherlands

3.83/5  rDev -3.3%

This bottle was a gift from the Brabander. Thanks man for sharing.

A - A deep beautiful red beer a delicately hazy. a beige foam ring whit a very big bubbly structure floats on top.

S - Like red wine with cherries added followed by some acidity Terrific fruit presence without being the least bit sweet.

T - A sweet but not to sweet beer that follows the nose: gigantic cherries, some oak, some vanilla on the acetic finish. Lovely.

M - Sticky medium body which could have been thicker to my opinion, practically no carbonation. The beer coats my palate with a cherries, oak and vanilla.

O - This is not my beer, but I am glad that I have tried it once.It is to sour and fruity to my liking. Don't get my wrong I still find it pretty good.

01-07-2012 11:56:41 | More by Mar02x
younger35

Received this beer from Gibby out in the land of Eagles and Phillies. I’ve been wanting to try this brew for quite some time and tonight seemed like a great time to pop it. Drank from my Lost Abbey goblet while watching TCU vs. LA Tech (San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl… Serious).

2008 Version

Appearance- Pours a nice deep dark brown with ZERO head – even with a very aggressive glug. Nary a cap or collar remains and obviously no lacing.
Smell- The first thing that jumps out at me is a nice red wine vinegar like sourness. It’s not as potent as vinegar but it has that same quality. Some bready brown malts joining the nose party along with some prune and raison notes. Those dark fruit tones really grow as the beer warms. Slightly spicy as well but I feel like that comes more from the yeast than the actual spices. The more I inhale the more the beer takes on a red wine profile. Some lightly sweet tones as it warms with hints of toffee or brown sugar.
Taste- Like the nose there is a very light tartness from the get go before a malty fruity sweetness moves in. The beer is very earthy with a few light tones of leathery funk. Plenty of dark fruits that mix with the light sourness for a sort of tart cherry flavor. Notes of sherry and even though the beer does have a slight sweetness to it, there is a sort of a woody quench. There is a lingering mix of dark fruits and toffee well into the finish.
Mouthfeel- The carbonation is super low on this beer but the body is hefty enough to sort of make up for it. A bit of warming and a slightly dry quench.
Drinkability- Overall this is pretty decent. I’d like a touch more carbonation but the beer smells awesome and tastes great. Definitely more important than a few extra bubbles. One of the better Flanders Oud Bruin I’ve had (which admittedly isn’t a ton). Thanks much Jeff!

12-22-2011 01:52:18 | More by younger35
homebrew311

3.18/5  rDev -19.7%

A: pours a deep maroon with seemingly zero carbonation, no head, sparse bubbles, decent clarity

S: nose is a vinegar bomb, heavy lactic undertones followed by tannins, some hints of Merlot in there, red grapes and cherries present as well

T: like the nose, the taste is heavy with vinegar, tartness pairs with a syrupy sweetness, lacking a bit in the balance department, finishes way too sweet

MF: syrupy body, low carbonation

O: this is certainly a new take on a Flanders Red, however, the flavors never quite balance each other out

12-12-2011 04:14:01 | More by homebrew311
woosterbill

Connecticut

4.22/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

33cl bottle of the 08 vintage, poured into a Weyerbacher tulip. Big thanks to whoever put this on the table at CdC.

A: Delicately hazy red-brown body; pretty much still. No better than average.

S: Intense, juicy cherry followed by some acidity - both lactic and acetic. Terrific fruit presence without being the least bit sweet. Great.

T: Follows the nose: gigantic cherries, some oak, and plenty of clean tartness. Some vanilla on the acetic finish. Lovely.

M: Sticky medium body, practically no carbonation. Meh.

O: With carbonation, this could have been the best Oud Bruin I've ever had - the cherry flavor was just spectacular. The lack of life made it a bit overly heavy, though. I wish I'd grabbed some of this while I was in Belgium.

Cheers!

12-11-2011 19:49:15 | More by woosterbill
xnicknj

1.95/5  rDev -50.8%

330mL bottle poured into taster glass - thanks alex

Pours a slightly opaque reddish color with some almost brown hues. No head or lacing.

Pretty much smells like easter egg dye. Acidic and lactic with a vinegary burn. Some light cherry fruit flavor and oak, I suppose.

Sour and acidic up front. Vinegar and nail polish remover pretty much wreck the profile. There's a few notes of cherry, raisin, and dates, but its tough to get past the vinegar. Lingers on the tongue for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Thin, flat, and tepid on the tongue. Lingering acidic vinegar ruined my palate for at least an hour after this. Apparently there's some variation between vintages, but this one was awful. Avoid.

12-05-2011 22:08:20 | More by xnicknj
yeahnatenelson

3.38/5  rDev -14.6%

Anno 2008, the 'sucky' one.

Appearance -- Pours a burgundy-tinged brown with no head to speak of: some soapy bubbles and what looks like an oily film. The fine bubbles slowly trailing up the glass prove that this is, in fact, somewhat carbonated. Good color, and the overall appearance becomes much more appealing when the soapy suds disappear.

Smell -- Has a sturdy vinegar character, perhaps the red wine variety. Roast malt, berries, perhaps some sherry. I've smelled worse vinegarized Flanders beers, but I'm not loving this aroma.

Taste -- The mouth is first greeted by a sudden burst of bright acidity followed by subtle roast malt, cocoa, berry tartness, red wine, and a mild sherry-like oxidation character. Slightly earthy, not so much funky. The sour level is strong for a Bruin, but not in the least bracing; it hits the mark well. Interesting.

Mouthfeel -- As the appearance suggested, it's nearly still. It has a fuller, viscous body to it that somewhat makes up for the lack of spritzy carbonation.

Overall -- Don't let the totals core fool you; I quite enjoyed this one. Not the crisp, mellow sipper that is Goudenband or Bellegems Bruin, but it has great depth of flavor and is very unique. I recommend it.

Additional Note: many of my friends have mentioned that this vintage tates like Cool Whip. I'm almost mad that there's nothing reminding me of fake whipped cream...

11-30-2011 03:51:31 | More by yeahnatenelson
Florida9

3.28/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a fucking glass.

A: okay, first of all WTF is on the front of this bottle? I've heard so many disturbing things about this beer and now there is some sort of wretched starving creature on the bottle. Truly appetizing. As for the beer, it is dark brown in color. There is absolutely no head on an aggressive pour. It appears flat. Between the color and the lack of head, it looks like a glass of whiskey.

S: Smell is of malt and malt vinegar. Then there is a sort of odd mix of light watery coffee, cola, and caramel.

T: Flavor is like a thin, watery malt vinegar. There is a little wood and maybe a very light soy sauce quality, but the malt vinegar is what I'm getting out of it.

M: On the thinner side. Watery with almost no carbonation.

O: As soon as I smelt this beer, the only thing I could think of is mat vinegar and fish and chips. But, then again, I admittedly prefer tartar sauce on my fish and ketchup on my chips. And I can't think of a time when I'd ever drink a glass of malt vinegar. While some people might find this beer drinkable, I didn't. A few ounces was all I could handle.

11-29-2011 03:25:32 | More by Florida9
TMoney2591

3.48/5  rDev -12.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a flared pokal.

Big thanks to the Central PA group of the Gang Bang BIF for this bottle!

I've heard so many interesting things about this beer that I had no problem when it was chosen to be cracked first tonight. It pours a murky ruby-brown with no real head of any kind to speak of. The nose comprises tomato, light tart black cherry, light raspberry vinaigrette, caramel, and teriyaki sauce. I'm actually a little surprised that I like what I'm smelling, given what I just wrote. The taste holds notes of soy sauce (including a pinch of salt), light cocoa, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, and red apple skin. The body is a stolid medium, with a light carbonation and a slick, fluid feel. Overall, an interesting beer, indeed, one I'm not entirely sure if I liked or disliked...

11-28-2011 22:29:23 | More by TMoney2591
MasterSki

3.6/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Got this a while back from ygtbsm94. Best before July 2011 - whoops! Served in a Hill Farmstead glass.

A - A hard pour yields a big-bubbled crust that lingers and eventually yields to a thin ring. Very dark brown body.

S - Smells like an aged oud bruin alright - reminds me of the De Dolle '20' a bit, with notes of BBQ sauce, vinegar, caramel malts, light vanilla, and a touch of oak. Pretty nice stuff.

T - Unfortunately the flavor has gone off the rails. Flavor is a bit bland, with some oxidation, and a slight mineral quality. Not much overt sourness, and mild sugary malt sweetness. Some dry oak, and a slightly meaty note implied by the BBQ sauce-esque combination of flavors.

M - Minimal carbonation, medium body, dry finish, and more acidity than I expected from the flavor. Thankfully, it never reaches stomach-melting levels. Could use more bubbles.

D - This didn't seem to age well - perhaps I should have gotten to it a bit sooner. I'll have to revisit the new batch, although I didn't care for it either if I recall correctly. The most enjoyable time I had this beer was when I had it straight for the barrels.

11-16-2011 03:39:38 | More by MasterSki
Jwale73

Rhode Island

4.08/5  rDev +3%

11.2oz. bottle procured from the Struise webshop. Vintage 2008 (EM No. 7) served at 52 degrees in a tulip. Pours the color and clarity of cola with a bubbly, loose, tan-colored froth around the shoulders which continues to dissipate into an oily skim and a thin, tight bubbly band. I love the nose on this beer - vinous, oaky, vanilla notes, dark fruits (plum, figs, prunes) and a suggestion of grape bubblegum. Taste is a bit more muddled. Vinous quality still presents itself, as well as some citric acid; however, there's also a bit of chocolate as well as more grape notes, a slight earthiness and prunes. Tannins are present, but the acidity pretty much buries the vanilla and oak expressed in the nose. Mouthfeel is light-medium in consistency with a mild carbonation which is almost still. Acidity lightly stimulates the sides of the cheeks and lingers along the glands at the back of the throat between quaffs. Overall - I really enjoyed this complexity of this beer and plan on cellaring a couple bottles to see how it changes over time. A slightly tart and vinegary FOB without being overly sour. I wish there were more efforts at this style readily available.

10-29-2011 20:44:09 | More by Jwale73
ThaCreep

4.65/5  rDev +17.4%

A noses beer fermented in barrels with swirls of red wine vinegar elegant. But also the cellars, sawdust, wood stuffy (like dust which can invade the old books from a library).

On the palate, the flavor is complex. It was more like a good old drink a red gueuze of Flanders. One benchmark for the tasting of delicious flavors. Among other red fruit (blackcurrant in particular), the good old Burgundy and tannic acidity that continues in force after-taste.

And always with this mixture of styles between Brussels Champagne and Flemish Burgundy that makes the complex beer, tasty and also easy to drink.

10-25-2011 21:48:57 | More by ThaCreep
oline73

Maryland

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

Poured from a bottle into a Chimay goblet. Thanks to finewinemike for breaking this bottle out at our tasting.

Appearance: Pours dark brown with a reddish hue and hardly any head.

Smell: Balsamic vinegar dominates. Sweet dark fruit and extremely sour.

Taste: Follows from the smell. Lots of balsamic vinegar. Sweet and a bit fruity, bitter in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Medium body with tingly carbonation and a slick finish.

Overall: So sour and vinegary. Very interesting and I'm so glad I got to try it. I don't know that I would have another.

10-22-2011 18:22:35 | More by oline73
Thehuntmaster

South Africa

4.55/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

330ml bottle 8,0% Abv.
Served chilled in
2008 edition best before 27/04/2016

I'm not sure what to expect here, I love the style but the latest batch of Aardmonnik seems to have taken some stick. I just hope carbonation is not an issue.

Appearance: Well carbonation is not going to be an issue - there is a loud hiss as the cap is lifted.
Aardmonnik pours a very dark brown and reveals a beautiful (almost clear) deep burgundy when back light. A large light brown head (no CO2 issues here!) forms from a fairly vigorous pour, unfortunately it fizzes away pretty quickly and leaves no lace.

Smell: Hmmmm, if other bottles from the 2008 batch were anything like this I think there has been some unfair bashing of this beer!
Superb nose, powerful and stunningly complex. I'm not sure where to start!
Balsamic vinegar, lightly tart fruit (plums, fresh cherries and not quite ripe red apples), red grapes (very vinous) and tons of barrel character are easily noted. Warming brings earthy vanilla (and a general earthiness), an array of spices, a touch of cola and some sweet brown sugar hiding in the background.

Taste: As with the nose, the flavour is amazingly complex. Balsamic vinegar, cherries, green apples, plums, red wine, oak and an unexpected roasted coffee note are all easily identified. The finish is quite a bit tarter and drier than I expected, but I love tartness so I'm not complaining.
There is no trace of the 8% abv.

Mouthfeel: Medium/full body with moderate (but perfectly adequate) carbonation. In my view it's pretty much bang on for the style.

Overall: Super oud bruin. Much better than the Goudenband I had a while ago. I'm pretty confused by all the bitching about this beer. Each to his own I guess.
I would however highly recommend this beer to anyone who is a fan of the style and I will be trying to get more.

10-02-2011 18:28:57 | More by Thehuntmaster
Bendurgin

Maine

1.73/5  rDev -56.3%

Thanks for this excellent extra Sean. You hooked it up sir. Split into two chalices. Pours a muddy cola brown with a bubbly little head that settles to nothing. This simply looks like cola.

Very aggressive malt vinnegar aroma. Plain and simple. The tast is sweet apple cider vinnegar with dirt. Somehow that is better than the aroma.

The carbonation is low here. Bordering on flat and the body is some what light. Overall, simply terrible. De Struise should be ashamed.

09-26-2011 02:08:10 | More by Bendurgin
andrewinski1

New Hampshire

1.48/5  rDev -62.6%

Small bottle shared by Bendurgin. Thanks! Poured into a chalice. The color is dark brown kind of prune juice colored. There is a little bit of white lacing.

The aroma is very strong with apple cider vinegar. This doesn't smell like beer, it smells like acid.

The taste is mildly sweet with some cherry fruit flavor, surprisingly. There is a slightly tart aftertaste. There is just a harsh acidity all the way through.

This is light and the carbonation is smooth. Still not a good part of this beer.

Truly terrible.

Bottle to Tulip
33cl
Best by: 27/4/16
2008

Thanks to GuruDel for sharing.

App- When poured this had a few bubbles. Mostly around the edges. A very interesting mix of red/purple and some brown. Much more Bordeaux in color than anything else.

Smell- I don't think I was ever shocked by a beers smell until now. The immediate aroma of balsamic vinegar was so prevalent I wanted some bread and just dip in the there. As it sits in your hand and warms a bit, much more grape, skins and wine like tannins develop. Pretty singular in the smell. Mostly just the grapes.

Taste- To say this is a interesting beer is an understatement. This beer is polarizing. I think you either love it or hate it. For what it is in the style its a bit towards the outlying realm of flavor. Acidic and bubbly and a bit sweet. I myself liked it. It was not hard to finish with a bit of the acidic notes and lactic taking center stage with a bit of oaky and at times slight cherry. Not overly sour I would say but mostly tart.

Mouth- Lighter-medium bodied with a medium-flat carbonation level. A bit bubbly and acidic notes remain with a touch of the above mentioned oak and cherry.

Drink- This was a very good beer. Again, this is polarizing and it was quite different from the Oude Tart or Marron Acidife I have had for this style.

09-23-2011 18:12:26 | More by FosterJM
KickInTheChalice

4.3/5  rDev +8.6%

Poured from a bottle into a tulip.

Appearance: Aardmonik has a cherry maple brown color with almost no head.

Smell: Balsamic Vinegar, cherry, and other assorted sour notes. Some toasted grains and soft caramel comes into the nose a bit as well.

Taste: Although the cherry flavor at the beginning has some sweetness to it, a tart, acidic balsamic vinegar flavor imposes and eventually dominates its will on the sweetness. The flavor never becomes overly tart, however.

Mouthfeel: This is smooth and lightly carbonated in a medium body. Despite being almost flat, the carbonation feels proper.

Overall: This was different, smooth, and enjoyable.

09-20-2011 00:15:15 | More by KickInTheChalice
beerwolf77

Wisconsin

2.28/5  rDev -42.4%

Bottle courtesy of Sweemzander in honor of my wedding. Split into tulips with like minded beer geeks.

A: Dark blood red/brown. No head or lace. Looks like a glass of prune juice actually.

S: Booze infused soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. There is a tartness to the aroma but it doesn't do much while being overpowered by the salad dressing aspect.

T: The comparison to a salad topping doesn't stop at the nose. Modest amount of sour cherry with a heavy dose of soy sauce and vinegar. A bit of chocolate and coffee comes through as it warms.

M: Flat and thin body.

O: This one was a huge let down for me. I was expecting something more from this brewer. Glad I never plunked down the coin to have some shipped to me.

08-27-2011 23:38:22 | More by beerwolf77
pokesbeerdude

Colorado

3.5/5  rDev -11.6%

33cl bottle from the Struise Webshop. Into a Delirium Tremens snifter. 2008 Vintage.

A: Pours incredibly dark brown with no head, not even anything that resembles a head, just a few bubbles. A ring of light colored, incredibly small bubbles lines the edge of the glass. Not particularly impressive.

S: Interesting mix of vinegar and malts, some acetic acid notes that borders on straight up acetone nail polish remover. A floral/candy like aroma starts to come out as well. Just a hint of funk starts to surface here as well. Interesting.

T: Tons of flavor and a little bit all over the place. Slight vinegar sourness, some acetic acid, but also a fair amount of roasted barley/coffee notes which is a bit odd, but works. Acetone notes follow over from the nose quite a bit. Roasted barley really stays on the tongue long after the swallow. Some cherry notes in here as well. Really a complex beer that never really verges on sour but definitely hits the tart notes. Enjoyable though.

M: Medium body, practically no carbonation which hurts this a bit. Finish is dry, but the mouthfeel is odd because of the lack of carbonation.

O: Quite an interesting beer, but some carbonation would help and just a touch more sour would really bring this one into line. It is fairly enjoyable, but just seems a bit lacking. Will revisit again.

08-15-2011 01:46:04 | More by pokesbeerdude
bobv

Vermont

4.7/5  rDev +18.7%

A: Vigorous pour into a Rochefort goblet produces slight head which disappears quickly to just a slight ring around the glass.

S: Slight vinegar with hints of citrus, brown sugar, molasses, little cocoa, Truly amazing.

T: I get grapefruit followed by a little pepper. So tasty.

M: Not much in the way of a full mouthfeel, but who cares, this is delicious.

O: Oh boy, I could drink this all night. Doesn't feel like 8 ABV. I could drink this for breakfast instead of grapefruit juice.
Thanks to the boys of Oostvleteren!

08-12-2011 03:53:11 | More by bobv
biga7346

4.22/5  rDev +6.6%

2008, released in March I believe. Poured into a wine glass

A - Very flat, still, no head at all. Black, viscous motor oil, dark chocolate color.

N - Wonderfully aromatic notes of brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, cane sugar and bakers semi-sweet chocolate; maybe kiwi fruit, vanilla bean and charred oakiness like burnt charcoal. There is some breadiness like rum cake, bannana bread leading into a tiny suggestions of fresh flowers or rose hips. It's safe to say I have never smelled a beer like this.

T/M - Opens with more of the brown sugar and chocolate malts and breadiness, well rounded tartness plays well with the overall sugary, grainy nature of the beer; sherry-like, it reminds me of a high-quality balsamic vinegar. There are port notes, medicinal like cough syrup and then a spike of pepperiness comes out of nowhere as it warms. More cocoa powder and chalkiness, the gristiness and dark fruit notes stick around in the finish.

D - Creative and wild to say the least, I give this an A+ for style and presentation although it would be tough to drink a lot of this.

08-11-2011 02:35:17 | More by biga7346
SpeedwayJim

3.83/5  rDev -3.3%

11.2oz bottle poured into Lost Abbey stemware. 2008 vintage.

Head rises slowly to about 1 finger. Fine and cream colored with poor retention. Beer is a semi-cloudy dark, almost opaque mahogany. Lacing is spotty with decent stick. Just about average though the head size and retention are lacking.

Nose is vinegar, oak, sour red fruit, and some slight hints of vanilla. Aromatic and the vinegary sweet fruit characteristics come out nicely.

Opens creamy and tart. Sour red fruit puree mixed with red vinegar and some sweet soy sauce notes. Robust sour vinegar towards the middle with some ethanol poking through. End is more red fruit tartness. Finish is a bit of vinegar spiciness with a lingering hot aftertaste. Enjoyable and the flavors seem to have mellowed and melded together nicely here.

Medium bodied with low carbonation. Smooth and oily in the mouth and goes down silky with some slight bubbles. Finish is messy with a slightly lingering aftertaste. Really drinkable for the style.

Age has really done wonders for this beer. Really smooth with flavors that are well balanced but still distinct and prominent at the same time. A solid representation of the style.

08-10-2011 01:16:52 | More by SpeedwayJim
pmlondrigan

4.18/5  rDev +5.6%

Earthmonk 2008 vintage-
Thanks to Chris - Knifestyles - for this one. Appears as you would expect; deep chocolate brown with a fast fading head and a light tan ring around the glass. Lots of prune, fig, and raisin aroma. A deep vinous nose laced with earthiness and brown sugar + molasses. Also a good amount of vinegar here. There is a clear sharp lactic sourness coupled with grape skins. Very deep and complex flavor. Opens tart with lactic sourness. Sun dried fruits, prune, fig and grape. Distinct Struise yeast quality mid-palate. Sharp bitting sour note on the finish. A real balance of sweet and tart here. However there is some interesting hot-ness on the back end. Great palate feel, not thin, well balanced and slightly prickly. True to form this beer is a real gem.

08-03-2011 02:48:25 | More by pmlondrigan
Wadsey

Indiana

3.2/5  rDev -19.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Aardmonnik - Earthmonk 2008

Served in New Belgium globe glass

A: Pours the deepest of amber with no head. Backlighting the glass, I see it has great clarity but no effervescence. Incidentally, no head and no effervescence were foreshadowed by the lightest pfzz imaginable when I opened the bottle. Mouthfeel, look out.

S: Balsamic vinegar and nail polish remover singe nose hairs. Lots of dark and dried fruits, too--plums, prunes, and currants. Additional scents include wood, faint soy sauce and alcohol.  The lack of carbonation hurts smell in that the aromas are not being forced into the air and fade significantly in a couple minutes.

T: Time to take plunge. Very sweet, but not cloying. Vinegar and acetone are more subtle than I expected. Dark and dried fruits run the show. Vinous, for sure. My first taste was ruined by a jarring off-note of wet dog that disappears with quick sips but returns somewhat after a lull. Finish consists of dark fruitiness and acetone.

M: Medium body that reads higher because of lightest of carbonation levels. Vinous mouthfeel.

O: Aardmonik is an oddball.  Tastes like a Belgian take on mediocre Kuhnhenn beer. Big, interesting and enjoyable, more or less.

Thanks to phishisphunk for the opportunity!

08-01-2011 02:42:08 | More by Wadsey