Black Damnation V - Double Black - De Struise Brouwers

Black Damnation V - Double BlackBlack Damnation V - Double Black

De Struise Brouwers visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  26.00% ABV

100% of Cuvée Delphine was used that was ice distilled to 26% of alcohol volume.

(Beer added by: alcstradamus on 03-14-2010)

First I must say I got to taste this on Zwanze day at Novare Res. I was there early with my wife and was told by a friend to ask about the imperial stout. I asked the manager/bartender about it he said if you like imp. stout your gonna want to try this. Before he finished I ordered and a few minute later he presented us the beer and only told me after i had tasted it that it was Damnation V.

This beer is beautiful black one of the darkest I've come across. The head is thick dark brown color and is very creamy

The aroma is all over the place, in a good way, roasted malts, chocolate, coffee with dashes of raisin and anise.

First wow, I must say the taste is excellent. I told my wife if we didn't get to try Zwanze I would leave happy. The taste is creamy, big roasted flavor, but not burnt, perfect. The other flavors of sweet chocolate and anise round in with a hint of smoke round out this beer.

WOW at 26% hard to tell this is one of the if not the best beer I've ever had had

33 CL. Bottle pourned into snifter.

Pours completely black, and is extremely thick. Small head present chewing tobacco brown in color. This smells like heaven, boozey, vanilla, coffee, bitter chocolate, malts. The taste is just plain breath taking. Boozey heat, bitter chocolate , coffee, vanilla, molasses, dark fruits plum and fig, and a boozey heat finish. The mouthfeel is just fantastic , so thick and so much carbonation is present when swishing this liquid around. It leaves the tongue tingling after ever sip.

I tried the cuvee delphine a few days ago, and I had hyped it up so much in my mind and was let down. The process they put cuvee delphine through to create this beer is a gift from god. What they've created in this beer is unvelieveable. I hope to try this one again.

Thanks Mark for this one !

My buddy Scott and I took a trip up to Poperinge for some beer visits, and biked up from the train station to De Struise. We had a tour and tasting by (I believe) Carlo, one of the brewers. After some amazing beers, they let us try a cooled keg of Black Damnation V to be sold that day.

This beer was ridiculously delicious. 26% goes almost unnoticed. Its very, very thick with flavors of roasted malt, dark fruit/cherry notes, vanilla. Huge tan head tops a black body. But this does not do it justice.

Take a pint of the best stouts on beer advocate and concentrate their flavors into a single shot, then you're somewhere close to this beer. It is revolutionary, and may well change the standard.

had this beer two times now. The first time at the borefts beer festival and the second time at the struise brewery. The beer looks extremely dark,and when one shakes the glass a bit, it looks a bit like thick syrup. The smell is full of black fruits,some cherry,vanilla,wood,roasted malts and alcohol. Taste is exactly the same as the smell,with some creamy,salty undertone.nicely balanced bitterness. Mouthfeel is perfect,it almost sticks to the tongue. Overall a great beer,altough too high in abv. I just dont like this fashion in the world of beer to make beers with such high abv....,although the alcohol is extremely well hidden. damm,this stuff is good,hell yeah!

Black Damnation V - Double Black from De Struise Brouwers