Atwater Vanilla Java Porter - Atwater Brewery

Atwater Vanilla Java PorterAtwater Vanilla Java Porter

Atwater Brewery visit their website

American Porter |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: ypsifly on 10-21-2006)

Chappyjason, Aug 07, 2014

tgavrilos, Mar 14, 2013

still_thedragon, Aug 13, 2013

EZE123, Dec 12, 2011

Brenden1, Mar 24, 2014

electtodefer, Jan 21, 2012

OklahomeBrewed, Mar 02, 2012

cstew31B, Jan 29, 2013

A very delicious beer! Very smooth taste, no bitterness. Almost like drinking an actual java. A little filling, but that's to be expected from a porter.A nice social beer or during meal beer. Great work Atwater!!! I look forward to trying more of your craft beers.

mjwierzgac, Apr 10, 2013

Fly_Molo, May 07, 2014

Deeelicious is the one word I can come up with when asked to describe this humble brew. Of all the words that can be used to describe a drank, it is the most fitting. This beer gets a ten on the chug-scale (ladies), and the caffeine buzz is delightful. Sip hard....

HiLLWiLLiam, Nov 19, 2010

Doublicious, Feb 17, 2014

brkfrnr03, Jul 14, 2014

Tedyjam, Sep 20, 2013

Ilafan, Sep 19, 2013

_Christina_, Jul 18, 2014

MaddDogg84, Jun 09, 2014
4.97/5  rDev +47%

This beer was recommended to me by the waitress and the restaurant I was at. It had an exceptional appearance in the glass, nice deep and robust looking. It had a nice head or tannish foam. I definately detected the vanilla and coffee aromas in it. I liked the way it finished and would reccommend it to anyone wno is a coffee and beer fanatic.

americanwolfdrea, Mar 04, 2008
4.93/5  rDev +45.9%

Appearance: Brownish black like mixing all your paints together. With a brown head almost has highlights of red and gold
Aroma: A great caramel malt with a coco sweet glow and some toffee notes and then the bittering hops
Taste: A great thick caramel coffee toffee rush that bashes into a great bittering hops with a clean finish into a thick head very creamy and the vanilla is subtle but present
Notes: A great porter reminds me of Rogue's American porter. And it came from Michigan! Still things can surprise me

ryseone, Jul 16, 2008
4.93/5  rDev +45.9%

Pours black with a light brown head. Heavy lacing. Smells just as the name implies. Heavy coffee aroma with a hint of vanilla. Kind of smells like a coffee that has vanilla flavored creamer in it but transformed into a porter. Smells great. And tastes awesome. Tastes likes a perfectly brewed porter with the exact amount of coffee and vanilla flavor that there should be. Not too overpowering and not too faint. But exactly right. It has the consistancy of of thin fizzy milkshake. Very easy to drink. I think this beer's getting the highest rating I've ever given a beer and therefore must be my favorite beer. I have to say that I agree with that logic. This is my new favorite beer... Or at least a tie...

berserker256, Feb 22, 2008
4.85/5  rDev +43.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

This beer is one of my top rated Porters. Some will love it because of the vanilla flavor and others will hate it for the same reason.

I don't enjoy a beer with a strong hops flavor. This beer is low on my hops scale so it is easy for me to enjoy.

On my grade scale, I rate this as a beer I would buy anytime.

cet128, Jan 31, 2013
4.83/5  rDev +42.9%

Very pleased with the balance and overall taste of this fine beer. The color is black onyx, yet clear... not cloudy. The smell was very old world, with a hint of espresso. The taste reminded me of some of my first porters that were wonderful and full of mystery. Not real thick mouthfeel, just right.
Very nice beer to drink in the winter time!

mwalters, Nov 22, 2006
4.83/5  rDev +42.9%

This is my favorite beer i discovered it a few months ago and pick up a draft every chance i get. I am not usually a huge fan of flavored beers but i feel that they nailed this one. It has a nice strong smell and taste of both coffee and vanilla. The appearance is a deep dark color almost that of a strong coffee. I am not totally sure how you would judge mouthfeel at this point but it seems smooth not too carbonated just a nice feel hopefully that is what is meant by this. I would highly rate this beer to anyone. I dont know how it is in a bottle i am trying to find some but on tap it is just great.

ExpertAndrew, Feb 22, 2008