Atwater Blueberry Cobbler - Atwater Brewery

Atwater Blueberry CobblerAtwater Blueberry Cobbler

good

Atwater Brewery visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  8.00% ABV

(Beer added by: tdm168 on 10-22-2012)
Reviews by thagr81us:
3.58/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Big thanks goes out my brother from another mother, beermeX2 for this one! Served from growler into a Duck-Rabbit nonic. Poured a deep red brown with a minimal off-white head. Maintained excellent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, blueberry, sugar, wheat, blueberry muffins, and butter. The flavor was of sweet malt, blueberry, syrup, wood, earth, wheat, subtle sugar, and subtle bread. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. I really liked the fact that this one smelled like blueberry muffins. I haven't had them made fresh since I was a child, so this took me back. Other than that, there really wasn't much else going on to speak of. The flavor was a lit earthy and wheaty than the aroma would let off. Still not bad though. Really glad I got the chance to try this one.

thagr81us, Feb 11, 2013

tectactoe, Jun 17, 2014

DaftPatrick, Aug 06, 2014

Afroman, Aug 14, 2014

Mantooth, Nov 06, 2013

HeyYoMar, Oct 12, 2013
3.68/5  rDev +1.7%

On tap at World of Beer Raleigh

A - dark brown with a thin, off white head that has little retention

S - pie crust and blueberries

T - blueberry, grains, faint chocolate, mildly bitter

M - medium bodied, smooth, crisp

This is a nice little fruit beer. The blueberries were great. They weren't bitter or tart and the beer had great balance. The chocolate notes were different and welcomed. It lost points for the grainy notes. I give this beer points for uniqueness. It was perfect but it was nice to try.

tdm168, Oct 22, 2012

Buck_Jones, Jul 18, 2014

DLSheidy, Mar 25, 2014

HardyA, Aug 03, 2014
3.98/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of Atwater's Blueberry Cobbler Ale a few days ago for $2.59 at The Lager Mill. Atwater can be hit or miss sometimes, but I've been wanting to try this beer for a while and It's good to see this beer make it's way to my local beer stores, so lets see how it goes. Bottled in September 2013. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a snifter.

A- The label is pretty typical for Atwater and it has a blue background with the Atwater dude wearing a Chef's hat and holding a blueberry cobbler. It poured a dark brown color that took on red and ruby hue when held to the light that actually had a blueberry juice like color with two fingers worth of creamy tan head that died down to a thick ring that stayed till the end and it left a good amount of patchy lacing behind. This was a very nice looking beer, the head and lacing were pretty nice and the fact that it actually had a blueberry juice color when held to the light was pretty cool.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness with a big blueberry aroma, it's not the most natural blueberry aroma and it reminds me of some sour blueberry candy. Up next comes a nice pie crust like aroma which works really well with the blueberry aroma and the combination reminds me of those blueberry poptarts that I used to love as a kid. Towards the end there's a slight toasted malt aroma. The aroma was awesome and just as advertised.

T- The taste seems to be fairly similar to the aroma, but it's a good deal lighter and it starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by a good amount of blueberry which seems to be much more natural then it was in the aroma. Up next comes some grainy and toasted malt flavors followed by a lighter pie crust like flavor. On the finish there's a slight bit of alcohol that barely comes through with a lower amount of medium bitterness with a grainy and blueberry like aftertaste. This was a pretty nice tasting beer, the taste was pretty much as advertised and the alcohol was hidden well.

M- Fairly smooth, clean, a little crisp, slightly sticky, medium bodied with a good amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it seemed to work well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a pretty nice beer and I thought it was good example of a Fruit Beer and I thought it bordered on being a dessert beer. This beer did a good job of living up to it's name and it had pretty much all the aspects that I hoped it would have. This beer had nice drinkability, it was smooth, clean, the alcohol was hidden well, it wasn't filling and the taste did a good job at holding my attention, I could drink a couple of these, but it might start to wear on me after that, I think It would be a nice beer to have after having a good dinner. What I liked the most about this beer was the aroma, it was awesome and it actually smelled very close to the dessert it was named after. What I liked the least about this beer was the lighter pie crust flavor, I think it could handle some more pie crust flavor and it would make it more like the aroma. I would buy this beer again, in fact I already went back to get a couple more. I would recommend this to anyone who thinks a Blueberry Cobbler beer sounds good. All in all i was happy with this beer, I didn't know how this would turn out since Atwater can be hit or miss, but this one turned out to be close to a hit. This isn't my favorite Atwater beer, but I do think it's one of the better ones they make, and it might just have the best aroma for an Atwater beer. Good job guys, this beer worked out nicely.

StoutHunter, Oct 24, 2013