Honey Creek Pale - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Beer added by: ZAP on 10-27-2005

to view more.
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 4
3.5/5  rDev n/a

Had this on tap on a sunny day watching the boats by the water.

It was poured reasonably well into a tulip, golden brew with a nice white head, average retention and lacing.
Citric aroma, mostly hoppy, some bready malt notes.
Light bodied, easy to drink, well balanced between the hoppy notes and bready sweetness. Decent.

3.44/5  rDev n/a

A- Unfortunatly not the gratest pour, as my friends was better and had at least 1/4 inch of head. The ale was served in a plastic pint glass which sucked but if I'm going to be picky like that I should of sat inside. Otherwise the color certainly fits the bill for the style.

S- Nice peasant floral hop aroma with a hint of citrus.

T- Soild inital hop bite followed by a very quick hint of lemon citrus. However this beer finished a little on the watery side. This was forgiveable however due to temperature being in the 80's at the time and that I was quite thirsty.

M- The mouthfeel was great up until the end, a little watery.

D- I only had one seeing as I had to pick up my daughter from day care in a few hours. Otherwise I could of easily had annother.

I will have to try this one again on a cooler day. Nowhere near the best, but if you're there and are in a hoppy mood this will certainly work.

3.39/5  rDev n/a

It seems to me that very hoppy IPAs/APAs/DIPAs in the midwest are very citrusy or sweet, while those in the west are drier and more purely bitter. If you accept this, I would say that this IPA is more like a "west coast" IPA, with a lot of hop bitterness without a lot of sweetness. It is very dry with a lot IBUs.

Appearance is good...it is a rather golden IPA with a good amount of head. A lot of citrus aroma, but very little citrus flavor. It is boldly bitter but without a lot of balance. For as much bitterness as this beer has, I didn't think the mouthfeel was very sticky. It was fairly drinkable. I'd order this again, but I was a bit disappointed and felt that the aroma made a promise unkept by the taste.

3.38/5  rDev n/a

Light gold color...soft citrus(orange peel) on the nose...on the taste it's light orange rind and tangerines...not real assertive...pretty thin mouthfeel...has some flavor but seems dumbed down overall...this is not one I would try again if in the brewery.

to view more.
Honey Creek Pale from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.