Golden Harvest - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

No picture.

pDev: n/a
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: fantome on 11-01-2005

Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by corporatejim:
3.63/5  rDev n/a

OK. I have had three of four of these since they came out. Time to review. I must sat I didn't particularly care for the first two I had. Something about the oats on the back side just didn't do it for me. Tried it again last night, better... Seems to change a little everyday. Translucent gold or amber in color. A tad of a head that sticks arounf awhile. Decent lacing down the glass. Hop aroma upfront. I get piney and maybe some floral. This has malt too! Kind of sweet upfront and then tempered by the oats on the backend. I like it this time. Very drinkable beer.

4.1/5  rDev n/a

Bright golden color, nearly oranges, softly hazed, creamy cap of lean foam above.

Fresh, hoppy aroma (this was growlered less than 30 minutes ago)...pretty and floral, lively and fruity, tangerine and grapefruit rind, but hardly bitter at all. Pithy and peachy, quite nice...

Enters the palate with a hoppy buzz, fading softly, but hangs on the tongue tenaciously till the end. Tangy. Medium bodied, well balance, hefty malt, smooth mouthfeel, but still nicely hoppy. Lightly bitter, fruity, hoppy finish.

I like this right now, but found the pint at the pub kind of "eh"...what's that all about? If I'd reviewed that pint, it would have a much lower score.

Golden Harvest from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.