Nicholson's Ale - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

United States

Scottish Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: TheBierBand on 12-28-2006

3.7/5  rDev n/a

Well, this was my first Cask Conditioned Ale. It would take some getting used to for me.... not that I'm not up for the challenge...

This ale is brewed by Rock Bottom for Nicholson's.

I asked for a pint glass serving and received a full pint with only about 1/4" of head. I'm sure that this was due to the almost non-existant carbonation typical of a cask conditioned ale. The color was a rich amber with exceptional clarity.

I took a deep sniff or two to savor the experience. I noted a slight citrusy characteristic primarily.

My first sip was made with caution as I expected a FLAT taste. It was flat-ish but I was not put off by it. It actually tasted quite good. The flavor came though very well. It was a complex flavor comprised of citrus, mild coffee and very slight malt and sweetness.

The feeling of the low/no carbonation will require some experience. But I am willing to have another go at this ale.

Overall, I would say that this is one to be enjoyed sparringly. I don't know if I would have any more than one at a sitting.

Nicholson's Ale from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.