Vanilla Mint Milk Stout - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

No picture.

pDev: n/a
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  ABV ?

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 01-25-2007

Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
4.75/5  rDev n/a

I only got a hold of this once, but it was fantastic. I was lucky enough to get it cask conditioned, and seriously, that was one of the best beers I've ever had. You may not believe it since it comes from a big chain like Rock Bottom, but man was this good stuff. I'm sad that it's retired, but I'll always remember the good times...

3.96/5  rDev n/a

Appearance - pours an opaque black, the requisite blanket of thick dense mocha resting on top, slowly bubbling away. Thick patches of lace.

Aroma - owned by the chocolate/crystal malt, there is a fiant glimpse of grassy mint. If I didn't know what this was, I mightnot have picked it out.

Taste - sweet, milky, soft chocolate coffee flavors cover the palate cleanly. On the swallow, a soft minty flavor comes through. Very low key, the only level that could possibly fit, Guy found it. There are traces of vanilla bean here and there. Inconsistent, but where they show up they are tasty. Like having melted chocolate peppermint stick ice cream. Resolves/Finishes with a reprise of chocolate and fading mint.

Mouthfeel - nitro-smooth, nice format for this beer. Appropriate stout body.

Drinkability - more to the dessert beer side of things; a delicious change of pace. I'd growler it if I could, dang nitro taps...

Vanilla Mint Milk Stout from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.