1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Silver Mullet Oatmeal IPA - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Silver Mullet Oatmeal IPA
No picture uploaded.

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery visit their website
United States

American IPA |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-12-2008)
View: Beers (425) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
tempest

3.6/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Had a pint for $5.15 at Old Chicago Roseville. It appeared a slightly hazy amber-red with a short off-white head. The IPA was a touch smoother from the oatmeal and had a very faint cookie note in the light caramel malt character. The hops are a blend of traditional American hops - orange peel, grapefruit, and a little pine, all blended together. It's an interesting take on the style, but the flavor is a touch muted. I'd love for this to have a little more oatmeal and hops.

11-21-2010 21:32:15 | More by tempest
mnstorm99

4.03/5  rDev +0.5%

Nice nitro pour with a great creamy head that sticks the whole way down the glass.
Aroma is lacking a little, very malty for an IPA, and not quite enough hop aroma for me, but it is nice, just not quite an IPA to me.
Taste, oh there's the hops, not a hop bomb, but a nice citrus, floral hop flavor and bitterness to it, rounded out by a nice honey/bready malt flavor.
Mouthfeel is excellent, best I have ever had from an IPA, I know this is coming from the oatmeal, but this is serving as inspiration for me to make a good oatmeal IPA at home now, too bad this isn't around longer as it was a great beer.

Serving type: nitro-tap
@ Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, 800 LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis

05-14-2008 13:29:24 | More by mnstorm99
edbeered

4.4/5  rDev +9.7%

When I read that Rock Bottom was releasing an Oatmeal IPA, I knew I'd have to try it. It took longer than I thought, but I finally did try it and I wasn't disappointed. Served on tap, this pours a clear amber color, with a small white head that dissipates quickly, but leaves ample lacing on the glass. The smell is minimal, but malty. The taste...oh, the taste. There is a nice biting, but not burning citrussy hop taste. What makes this different from any other IPA I've ever tasted is the silky smooth oatmeal goodness in this beer. The balance between malty and hoppy flavors is as good as I've ever had. The mouthfeel is smooth and creamy. This is a beer I could drink all night and is one of the best seasonals I've ever had from Rock Bottom. Two thumbs way up!

@ Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, 800 LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis

02-01-2008 04:00:52 | More by edbeered
Silver Mullet Oatmeal IPA from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.